sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Posted (edited)

So what does everyone think of James Conner with Le'Veon Bell's contract situation and do you think he's worth a roster spot even if you aren't a Bell owner?

I happen to think that he does as I've been impressed with what I've seen in the preseason.  Definitely someone flying under the radar to keep an eye on.

Edited by sjm76

not the worst 14/15/16 rd spec if the Bell owner fails in his due diligence ... anything can happen up in this magick foosball gig. 

kid has looked sharp.  

i will consider. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Must have cuff for Bell owners. You draft him with one of your late picks,  keep him around early in the season until you need the roster spot for the next stud RB in free agency.

When you don't roster flexibility for permanent spot, I've actually picked him up before game time some weeks and released him. I did it 3-4 times or more I think in one league last season. lol

Edited by nonstopfan

With multiple reports suggesting Bell won't be coming back to PIT in 2019, how much does this boost Conner's stock in a keeper/dynasty league? 

4 minutes ago, balancedman178 said:

With multiple reports suggesting Bell won't be coming back to PIT in 2019, how much does this boost Conner's stock in a keeper/dynasty league? 

i have a keeper draft this afternoon and will be reaching on Conner as soon as I'm comfortable with my starting RB/WRs 

1. Bell is a legit off-field/on-field break down risk

2. It's pretty clear Bell is out of Pitt next year and I like Conner's game. Maybe 8-9th round I'll reach (depending on who else is there)

It depends on your league size(and your RB depth), but if you own Bell and you aren't deep and the wire is thin I think he's a must own. All signs point to him being the workhorse if Bell goes down and he's looked good. Owning him would hedge your team's injury risk quite a bit.

Does Le'Veon Bell sign two or three days before the season starts and immediately plug right into the lineup or does James Conner have a bigger than normal Week 1 roll?  

If I were the Steelers I give majority of the Week 1 work to Conner.... The guy that's worked his tail off all offseason and has stepped up this preseason and proven that he can handle the load.  

6 minutes ago, dorsett33 said:

Does Le'Veon Bell sign two or three days before the season starts and immediately plug right into the lineup or does James Conner have a bigger than normal Week 1 roll?  

If I were the Steelers I give majority of the Week 1 work to Conner.... The guy that's worked his tail off all offseason and has stepped up this preseason and proven that he can handle the load.  

Bell should sign..that's a lot of money to say no to. They will run him into the ground. Connor is my favorite late round pick up though (RB1 without Bell).

Edited by the_dying_dream

1 hour ago, dorsett33 said:

I say Bell gets injured and Conner takes over.....just a hunch

Agreed, read an article on fantasypros saying 25% of rbs drafted in the first 6 picks over the past 5 years have finished below rb3 value. I’m thinking zeke and Gurley are young, DJ is fresh with the year off, and Bell had 400 touches last year and skipped training camp. Obviously anyone can get hurt at any moment but if i had to pick one of the big 4 who’s most likely to go down it’d be Bell. I’m stashing Conner in every league possible

I’m not so sure Bell reports right away. He could skip some games. Even if he does, from Bens comments to the actions of the team and his past troubles I don’t think Pittsburgh cutting ties/trading with him is out of the realm of possibility. I am holding Conner until he signs. The relationship is damaged and Bell comes off as a clown. I have one draft left and as good as Bell has been I think he’s gonna be on my do not draft list. For Conner, I like his situation a lot and view him as a must own or draft until this mess shakes out. 

I'm a fellow bell owner and you guys convinced me. Just picked up Conner in case he doesn't suit up anytime soon:

I have Conner as bell's back up. god I hope bell doesn't f--- us over and we have to start him this season.

This place will be bumpin when Bell doesn’t report tomorrow....

• Like 2

I see drafting Conner (preferable) or acquiring Conner (do it now) as SOP for Le'Veon owners. He is a decent back from what I saw last year.

You have to protect that investment imo.

Bell will report today.  Why?  It's because I have Conner on my team and I bet the fantasy gods don't want me to use him.

Can you guys please explain to this somewhat rookie why today is a significant day for Bell to report?  What are the possible outcomes?

13 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Can you guys please explain to this somewhat rookie why today is a significant day for Bell to report?  What are the possible outcomes?

It's significant because people have said that he is expected to report today but Bell later called the reports "fake news."  I still have a feeling that he'll report by week 1 even if he doesn't report today.

Jerick McKinnon's injury could cause him to think twice, though.  Bell obviously wants to get paid.

Edited by sjm76
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

So today is of no significance officially.  He still has until Week 1 to show up.

Given that they play this week 6 days away), when do you consider week 1 is? Before or after their game Sunday?

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Given that they play this week 6 days away), when do you consider week 1 is? Before or after their game Sunday?

Today (Monday) is the start of the practice week before the week's game so I think it is very significant.  If Bell doesn't report today, the odds of him playing much in week 1 aren't good.  I don't want him to report because I'm not a Bell owner and I have Conner but like I said, he'll probably report because I have Conner.

• Thanks 1

I hope Conner gets a chance! 

I have a feeling bell won’t report.

probably because I have Conner on the bench and Ingram suspended for the first 4. He would fit in nicely at the flex. 

1 minute ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I hope Conner gets a chance! 

I have a feeling bell won’t report.

probably because I have Conner on the bench and Ingram suspended for the first 4. He would fit in nicely at the flex. 

I also hope that Bell doesn't report because I lost McKinnon and don't want to use Alf Morris vs Minnesota in week 1.