sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Where does this guys dynasty stock stand among RB going into next season? Obv among the top 10 but where would you place him? Been wondering about it and since we are talking about backup RBs i figured i'd throw it out there.

Edited by OrangeCrush

6 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Where does this guys dynasty stock stand among RB going into next season? Obv among the top 10 but where would you place him? Been wondering about it and since we are talking about backup RBs i figured i'd throw it out there.

Top 4.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dylanj said:

Zeke or Conner ROS ?

Wow great question.  Zeke is great but I give a slight edge to Conner due to superior coaching staff and surounding cast.

2 hours ago, dylanj said:

Zeke or Conner ROS ?

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Wow great question.  Zeke is great but I give a slight edge to Conner due to superior coaching staff and surounding cast.

And asking for it in the wrong section. 

• Haha 1

Has he clear the concussion protocol? I dont see anywhere he did in order to play this week.  

17 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Has he clear the concussion protocol? I dont see anywhere he did in order to play this week.  

it was a fake concussuon orchestrsted by the Rooneys to save face in case Bell reported  - Teflon Tomlin (aka Mush Mouth Mike, aka Marble Mouf Mike) fully complicit, as well. 

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

it was a fake concussuon orchestrsted by the Rooneys to save face in case Bell reported  - Teflon Tomlin (aka Mush Mouth Mike, aka Marble Mouf Mike) fully complicit, as well. 

How would that have helped the Rooneys?

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How would that have helped the Rooneys?

rabbit hole......you're now in one

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

rabbit hole......you're now in one

Let me out!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 5:43 PM, OrangeCrush said:

Going to have to pay close attention during the offseason. Won't at all be surprised if Steelers target RB in the draft, and if it's a high draft pick I'd pay real close attention to pre-season. That being said, I'd bet you'd see at least one more season with Conner being the lead back, but we'll see.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, afgolfman666 said:

Yeah he’s good to go

Source? I also found it odd that I couldn't find anything explicitly saying he cleared it. Just that the Steelers removed him from the injury report.

Which I thought didn't matter since the league needs to clear him?

29 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Going to have to pay close attention during the offseason. Won't at all be surprised if Steelers target RB in the draft, and if it's a high draft pick I'd pay real close attention to pre-season. That being said, I'd bet you'd see at least one more season with Conner being the lead back, but we'll see.

You think the Steelers will draft a RB to replace a top 3 rusher in the NFL?

2 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

You think the Steelers will draft a RB to replace a top 3 rusher in the NFL?

Exactly.

The Steelers cap situation isn't all that great. They still have control over Connor for at least two more seasons at an absolute bargain of a price. They could and should use their draft capital and salary in other positions of need on defense.

3 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

I think they will trade abrown or juju along with thier first pick to get a rb.

e0uql.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

I think they will trade abrown or juju along with thier first pick to get a rb.

Agreed. I think they'll use the AB/1st Rounder to target Jamal Williams, he's done in GB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Steelers might be able to put a package together to land CJ Prosise from Seattle.  Maybe a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, Joe Haden, Big Ben, and a conditional 5th.  Since, as an organization, they are going to be trying to make it a huge priority to upgrade from JAGmes Conner.

48 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Exactly.

The Steelers cap situation isn't all that great. They still have control over Connor for at least two more seasons at an absolute bargain of a price. They could and should use their draft capital and salary in other positions of need on defense.

I just read an interesting tidbit that the Steelers will be able to carry over Bell's 14.5 million cap hit this season to next year as a credit. Once Le'veon signs a deal with another team, the Steelers essentially gain a credit of 14.5 million for cap purposes (one year only).

It's crazy how poorly this situation has been reported by the ESPNs of the world.....seems every day a really important piece of info is unveiled.

Pretty shoddy journalism to this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Tempering expectations today. Leonard back, Jags D at home, not the greatest game script for Conner I dont think. 

thats alright, even a down game for Conner is still good.  I'll still take 80 total yards from scrimmage a couple receptions and a TD for the day.

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Link? Thanks.

EDIT: Saw the reaction - thought so.

Edited by Dark One
  • Haha 1