sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Depending on his practice regimen this week it will be hard to trust him. 

I still hated his usage this game. 45 passes to 17 rushes again. Constantly throwing on 1st and 2nd down. They didn't start doing running back dumpoffs until the end of the 4th quarter and it worked (and after Conner was injured). 

This new OC is making Haley look like a genius the way he has been giving Ben the opportunity to just sling it whenever he wants. 

Agreed.  Last week, I read that Pitt has the highest ratio of pass / run in the entire league.  This week's performance wouldn't have dropped them at all.  If the Steelers continue to operate this way, Connor's biggest value will be as a goal line back.

46 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

You guys talk about strategy like everyone else in your league is aiming to lose. You guys dont think other people are looking for those diamond in the rough or trying to implement the best ways to win?

I’m approaching this week as if he will be unavailable.   Terrible timing- hope I’m wrong 

I'm almost more worried if he plays this week at less than 100% than if he would actually be out. If you have no other good options then you have to play him if he goes this week, but I'd hate having to make the decision between a limited Conner vs. David Johnson on my bench. Worst case scenario would be him trying to play and pull a Breida.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rocket said:

Agreed.  Last week, I read that Pitt has the highest ratio of pass / run in the entire league.  This week's performance wouldn't have dropped them at all.  If the Steelers continue to operate this way, Connor's biggest value will be as a goal line back.

tbf, there were a few big plays by Conner lastnight in the 2nd half that got called back due to holding penalites, which subsequently made them pass on 1st and 2nd and long and ultimately killed drives. 

26 minutes ago, rocket said:

Ya the Steeler's pass 66% of the freakin' time.   Insane.

Wait till tomorrow to see some kind of update on the swelling and practice update. Tomorrow we should know where we stand on him & Samuels. 

21 minutes ago, RockSexton said:

Ya the Steeler's pass 66% of the freakin' time.   Insane.

Big Ben is a legendary QB at this point, the offense is his to decide typically and he makes final check whether its a run or pass. 

Conner had bad luck last night considering how lucky his night started with two freebie 1 yard TDs.  Literally couldn't build any momentum after that as the Steelers got the ball only twice in the entire 3rd quarter including the first possession after half time. 

James Conner just limped through the locker room on his way to 2 pm team meeting. Did not speak with reporters.

Edited by RyanM915

What I cannot figure out...why will they called screen passes for Samuel with blockers out in front of him, but the only routes Connor is getting are those where he has to squeeze thru the middle of the line after staying in to check for a blitzer-?

Just now, psygolf said:

What I cannot figure out...why will they called screen passes for Samuel with blockers out in front of him, but the only routes Connor is getting are those where he has to squeeze thru the middle of the line after staying in to check for a blitzer-?

IIRC, they did a few times.   Once was a decent gain that was called back for holding.   There was another time that looked like Ben thought he was going to stop for a short pass but Conner kept going downfield.  

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

It is very easy to just ignore those posts you don’t like... 

use the mouse or your finger 

Except you have to read the posts first to see if they have anything to do with James Conner.  Which they don't.

• Thanks 1

RB Jaylen Samuels said he assumes James Conner (lower leg contusion) will be good but he's preparing like he usually does, as a starter. "I'm getting more comfortable as I'm getting more plays," Samuels said.

7 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

James Conner just limped through the locker room on his way to 2 pm team meeting. Did not speak with reporters.

Link to source?

So yesterday no limp.  Today a limp. 

I don't see any reports about an MRI?

Steeler Nation can rest easy knowing its young star should be just fine.

According to NFL Media, Steelers running back James Conner suffered a lower leg contusion in Sunday's loss to the Chargers but the injury is "not considered major at all."

The report noted that early impressions indicate Conner likely will have no trouble recovering barring any considerable swelling or further setbacks.

A timetable for his return remains unknown.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/steelers-james-conner-injury-update-leg-contusion-return-stats-fantasy-nfl-news-mike-tomlin/97saaunycy0r15rii714wtrvu

• Like 1

Just now, myzto said:

Steeler Nation can rest easy knowing its young star should be just fine.

According to NFL Media, Steelers running back James Conner suffered a lower leg contusion in Sunday's loss to the Chargers but the injury is "not considered major at all."

The report noted that early impressions indicate Conner likely will have no trouble recovering barring any considerable swelling or further setbacks.

A timetable for his return remains unknown.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/steelers-james-conner-injury-update-leg-contusion-return-stats-fantasy-nfl-news-mike-tomlin/97saaunycy0r15rii714wtrvu

True......but how lucky vs skilled do I have to be to win my FF league this year?

• Haha 5

Until there is an official report saying that it's indeed something minor, it's difficult to believe the way the injury looked that it's only a bruise...knee nearly bent sideways..looks more sprained and his limp today makes it sound more like a sprain than a bruise...

usa_today_11779934.0.jpg

Just now, affliction said:

i can see them sitting  him vs OAK to save him for NE and NO

I think that benefits all of us Conner owners, especially Conner and Samuels owners. Nothing would be worse than Conner giving it a go and limping out of the game after a series.