sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, DaileyPrayer said:

I was really hoping they’d wait until tomorrow to rule him out. Samuels now jumps to the top of the waiver wire a day before waivers hit.

To be fair if you're in a sharp league samuels was already up there without this info just from people willing to gamble on Conner's availability. Still sucks tho

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Everyone keep clamoring over his TE eligibility, but that doesnt matter for people with legitimate TEs.   Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Ebron, Cook....

IDK...start Samuels at TE and then Kelce as a flex.  That's not bad.   But yeah...other than Kelce and Ertz...

4 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

Did Gus get hurt?

Mahomes/Tyreek/Kelce are not gonna be contained like Atlanta was ... there will be work for Dixon - Gus has yet to even be targeted, iirc ... plus, if Flacco starts, well, Gus will be rendered even more useless.  

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Mahomes/Tyreek/Kelce are not gonna be contained like Atlanta was ... there will be work for Dixon - Gus has yet to even be targeted, iirc ... plus, if Flacco starts, well, Gus will be rendered even more useless.  

Got it.  Wasn't sure if I missed something.  I have Dixon the bench so wanted to be sure.

8 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Everyone keep clamoring over his TE eligibility, but that doesnt matter for people with legitimate TEs.   Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Ebron, Cook....

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

IDK...start Samuels at TE and then Kelce as a flex.  That's not bad.   But yeah...other than Kelce and Ertz...

Then you're just flexing Samuels, which can be done if hes RB only.

• Like 3

Hope he's back week 15...not optomistic though, think its a high ankle sprain which is usually a few weeks

20 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Yes that’s 5 out of 12 leaving at least 7 of us in desperate need of a TE

Just now, larfboy said:

Yes that’s 5 out of 12 leaving at least 7 of us in desperate need of a TE

So its the top tier of TEs or desperation???  And 12+ teams made the playoffs?  Recheck your math.

27 minutes ago, Guwop said:

To be fair if you're in a sharp league samuels was already up there without this info just from people willing to gamble on Conner's availability. Still sucks tho

Depends on bench sizes, but generally yeah. He's not been a 'top add' any week until now, but he's certainly been someone who should be on your FA speed dial.

31 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Gus has an injured ankle, tweaked it late last game.

1 hour ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Just my luck.  Back 2 back years running a great team regular season with most points scored only to be brutalized by injuries.  Worst part of fantasy football by far.  Seems like just a roll of the dice to actually win a league.  No skill. 

11-2, about to be eliminated. Lost Conner, last WW claim due to inverse order of standings. Poor set up.

1 hour ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Well last year was an in game concussion to Kamara first round. 

This year, true, I went all in and was risky and didnt cuff Conner, though I owned Samuels for a moment. Greg Olsen injury forced my hand on that to find TE's elsewhere. I actually traded for Ekeler as I had Melvin as well, but looks like that's Justin Jackson backfield. I actually owned him momentarily as well. 

Out-game concussions are the real killer

Just now, mjb said:

11-2, about to be eliminated. Lost Conner, last WW claim due to inverse order of standings. Poor set up.

Yeah i went 9-4 averaging like 120 a week, lost Olsen, Gordon, Conner.  Had to dump handcuffs in order to find a backup TE along with dumpy donut Burton.  RIP my season. 

• Sad 1

Just now, RonnieRonaldo said:

Yeah i went 9-4 averaging like 120 a week, lost Olsen, Gordon, Conner.  Had to dump handcuffs in order to find a backup TE along with dumpy donut Burton.  RIP my season. 

Honestly?  No one outside of your parents cares

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Yep...There with you...Lost Gordon & Conner too.  Part of me just hates the idea of fantasy playoffs.  I'd almost rather just run points or records the whole season and the team with the most points or best record wins.   I'm 13-0 and like 200 points ahead of the #2 team right now...probably my best season ever.  And it's all for naught.  To me 13 weeks of a season proves much more than couple lucky (or unfortunate depending on your viewpoint) playoff weeks.

This Conner injury feels like the fantasy gods getting back at all of us that were lucky enough to snag him and evening the playing field.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Yep...There with you...Lost Gordon & Conner too.  Part of me just hates the idea of fantasy playoffs.  I'd almost rather just run points or records the whole season and the team with the most points or best record wins.   I'm 13-0 and like 200 points ahead of the #2 team right now...probably my best season ever.  And it's all for naught.  To me 13 weeks of a season proves much more than couple lucky (or unfortunate depending on your viewpoint) playoff weeks.

This Conner injury feels like the fantasy gods getting back at all of us that were lucky enough to snag him and evening the playing field.

Im 13-0 and saved my #1 claim all season for s--- like this

I don’t think I’m comfortable playing Conner if he comes back. Week 16 is the saints one of the best Run Ds.

Conner, it’s been fun. I love you. Rest easy.

Just an FYI for Conner owners with a BYE, week 15 the Steelers play in the 4pm game, so unless he's ruled out early in the week it might be a tough call.

Not sure if this makes a difference in who you would claim off waivers.

I know for me it will be a tough call (Ekler/Ware owner) since the Chargers Chiefs game is the Thursday night game that week, so if Conner is a GTD I might just have to play it safe.

1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

Then you're just flexing Samuels, which can be done if hes RB only.

For sure.   I had a thought in my head that was either 1) poorly explained or 2) just dead wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jpress82 said:

i see this as karma...especially for those who picked up James Conner without owning Bell

Bell owners still desperate for anything that looks like a W

• Like 6
  • Haha 1