sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

Source?

dr-nick.gif.cf.gif

 

Armchair doctors and google at this point until a timeline is communicated from the team. 

 

That being said, unless there’s something out about this in the next few days..probably going to start preparing for not having him available next week, as much as that hurts to say. 

 

 

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

Source?

 

https://twitter.com/profootballdoc/status/1069456999916560384?s=21

 

Head coach @steelers saying lower leg contusion for #JamesConnor but to me by video, it is a classic high ankle sprain. Judge for yourself.

 

Dr. Chao is the fantasy medicine gawd. Choose to not listen to him and you will pay with a loss.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

dr-nick.gif.cf.gif

 

Armchair doctors and google at this point until a timeline is communicated from the team. 

 

That being said, unless there’s something out about this in the next few days..probably going to start preparing for not having him available next week, as much as that hurts to say. 

 

 

 

:lol:

 

latest?cb=20110611041116

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Given that we have next to no information,  this is a dubious claim.  

 

There are mid ankle sprains, low ankle sprains, calf sprains,  or maybe he’s so sore and bruised up they decided to rest and treat him all week ahead of a game they should easily control.   

I certainly hope that's the case, and I ask this not rhetorically but out of general curiosity. When was the last time a guy was ruled out Tuesday morning for a Sunday game and was all systems go the following week?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Dr. Chao is the fantasy medicine gawd. Choose to not listen to him and you will pay with a loss.

 

He takes a lot of heat around here but I feel like he's right on an awful lot of the time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Still think it is plausible if Big Ben likes him. I’m thinking it would be perfect for him to lineup with Ben in the sg and then split out wide. It really works with the offense Big Ben wants to run

 

Why wouldn't he have been playing all year? Based on Big Been quotes he seems to be a fan of Conner.

 

Think Ridley is the guy to own this week tbh.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm leaning that he won't return till week 18, but still tough to drop him even to pick up Samuels even with no other droppable players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I certainly hope that's the case, and I ask this not rhetorically but out of general curiosity. When was the last time a guy was ruled out Tuesday morning for a Sunday game and was all systems go the following week?

It could still be a bruise, and the Steelers ruled Conner out early because the opponent is not difficult and they want Conner at 100% health for the stretch run.

 

But I agree, an early ruleout is rarely a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conscious Pilot said:

 

Classic high ankle sprain = 2 to 4 weeks out.

 

If you didn’t cuff with Samuels, I feel sorry for your mother.

 

YF8bSeV.gif

 

 

Plot twist: I don't own any shares of conner. One of the teams in the playoffs does and I scooped samuels today weakening his team. Nice try tho :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped Samuel on Friday to pickup Ware to block the #2 team. #4 team gets Samuel in Waivers. 

 

Honestly, the video looked weak at best the ankle got caught...but not trapped. 

 

Doc- High Ankle Sprain

Early Rule out

vs

Tomlin- Bruise

Rap- Non Major injury. 

 

My gut tells me Samuel/Ridley split carries and neither is a major factor unless you consider Samuel 12-14 in a TE spot in Yahoo (which is solid in this morbid TE year). 

 

Jokeland Raiders this week....so also an easy call for them to make to rest him. 

 

All that typed out.....its anyones guess if Connor comes back lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not jumping to any conclusions until we hear a definitive timeline from the team. Let's hope we are still alive come Week 15 where we have Conner in the first place.

 

Regarding cuffing Conner, I can see why a lot of people didn't since on many teams he wasn't the RB1 and people didn't want to cuff 2-3 RBs in normal bench leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

Doc- High Ankle Sprain

Early Rule out

vs

Tomlin- Bruise

Rap- Non Major injury. 

Tomlin was coach speak, and my guess is Rap was basing his report off of that. The early rule out carries far more weight IMO. And I know people joke about some of the online docs, but they seem to be spot on a lot of the time. Him being ruled out so quickly along with even Tomlin himself saying this was worse than originally thought screams multi-week absence - high ankle aprain. I sure hope I'm wrong, but the writing is clearly on the wall.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Tomlin was coach speak, and my guess is Rap was basing his report off of that. The early rule out carries far more weight IMO. And I know people joke about some of the online docs, but they seem to be spot on a lot of the time. Him being ruled out so quickly along with even Tomlin himself saying this was worse than originally thought screams multi-week absence - high ankle aprain. I sure hope I'm wrong, but the writing is clearly on the wall.

 

All more based in opinion on both sides. Taking the Connor v Samuel w/ TE eligability v Ridley all out of it.....

 

My eye test tells me its not a bad injury. Like many in here, having played football at a skill position his ankle 'caught' but immeadiately released. It didnt get trapped. To me that is a good sign. I am 100% no doctor...and its only my opinion. 

 

Mitagating several other facts- Steelers loss Sunday really only puts them in a position to get a home Wild Card Game. KC, NE, HOU all look to have easier roads to the 1/2 seeds. Playing the easiest team in the league (arguably) this week, they will get by with no RB, but look who is on the horizon next week.......yup NE. Risk aggrivation this week? Or get him back on track with a full compliment of snaps next week? Hmm....

 

Lots to think about. You could be 1000000% correct, but the tea leaves in my opinion are about as clear as morning pee toilet water lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Why do you guys constantly go back and forth when all you should do is..............

 

WAIT AND SEE, end of story. 

 

And then there would be zero point to the Forum, end of story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mpat15 said:

 

And then there would be zero point to the Forum, end of story. 

Or the forum is used to state updates or facts? I do not think it is supposed to be used to argue with each other daily about the unknown like little girls.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Or the forum is used to state updates or facts? I do not think it is supposed to be used to argue with each other daily about the unknown like little girls.......

 

You are probably a ton of fun at parties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I certainly hope that's the case, and I ask this not rhetorically but out of general curiosity. When was the last time a guy was ruled out Tuesday morning for a Sunday game and was all systems go the following week?

 

This happens all the time with concussions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

This happens all the time with concussions...

Fair enough. We know this isn't a concussion though. Has there ever been a time a guy has been ruled out a full five days before the game with an ankle/knee issue and been all systems go the following week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fair enough. We know this isn't a concussion though. Has there ever been a time a guy has been ruled out a full five days before the game with an ankle/knee issue and been all systems go the following week?

 

If Melvin suits up this week, that will be the case. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fair enough. We know this isn't a concussion though. Has there ever been a time a guy has been ruled out a full five days before the game with an ankle/knee issue and been all systems go the following week?

 

No. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

If Melvin suits up this week, that will be the case. 

 

 

I sure hope he does since I own him, but I can't say I'm terribly optimistic. I think the point remains that unfortunately the examples are few and far between (if any).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I sure hope he does since I own him, but I can't say I'm terribly optimistic. I think the point remains that unfortunately the examples are few and far between (if any).

 

I literally just had to look at this week to possibly find an example. This happens all the time, perhaps not to fantasy relevant players is all.

 

It's the fantasy playoffs and Conner is a top 10 player, so it is under a microscope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.