sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

15 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Chao isn't bad, but he isn't infallible. There's a reason why doctors don't do injury diagnosis over video conference :)

That said, he's more reliable than most beat reporters, which is your main point. 

Chao was probably right all along.

James Conner might miss multiple weeks.  Never believe anything Tomlin says about injuries. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/387373/report-james-conner-may-miss-multiple-weeks?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

His fantasy season is done. If he is out next week also, no way I'm starting him for the 'ship.

His owners can't complain.  Likely most are in the playoffs because of this guy.  Time now to look at other options...

7 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

He's done for the FF season at least

Interesting analysis of that link. 

• Haha 1

ESPN is such a joke.

He has an ankle sprain and if the 'Superbowl' was this week aka the final game aka the final of the year of course he would try to gut it out, its an ankle sprain aka just pain and stiffness tolerance, he doesn't have a broken leg lol.

More than likely this is closer to a medium - mild HAS since he is 'rehabbing aggressively' according to ol ESPN why wouldn't he have a chance to play next week. Hell I have a chance to win the lottery this week as well, it just starts with buying a ticket! ESPN just wants to create drama so maybe people read some of their articles. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

I don't pay any attention to the weekly "whose is bigger" competition between the short guy Schefter and the usually wrong Rapaport.  

He's out this week, and then we'll see what develops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocket said:

Chao was probably right all along.

James Conner might miss multiple weeks.  Never believe anything Tomlin says about injuries. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/387373/report-james-conner-may-miss-multiple-weeks?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:
At this point, it looks like Conner has a good shot to suit up against the Raiders on Sunday. Dec 3 - 11:04 AM

---------RIGHT LOL-----

Huh. :)

My point isn't that Chao is wrong here. He might be right. I'm just pointing to the inherent risks involved in diagnosing medical conditions by watching a video of the incident. Sometimes it's easy---I was pretty sure Alex Smith broke his leg too :) But sometimes it's not.

I need Conner this week so bad. I managed to get a BYE week this week but I lost Hunt and Conner. Anyone else depending on Conner to play this week upcoming?

I’m guessing any Conner owner outside of point per minute injured leagues are hoping that he plays.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I need Conner this week so bad. I managed to get a BYE week this week but I lost Hunt and Conner. Anyone else depending on Conner to play this week upcoming?

I'd love to see him back.

And the Steelers need him back.  The have the Pats this week and the Saints next week....And suddenly they are fighting for their playoff lives.  There's really no saving Conner for them.

I look at yesterday and Conner probably would've easily pounded in 2 TD's in that game.  And would've helped them control the lead they had. 

• Like 1

I think we will be able to get a good indication as to just how injured he is if he doesn't play this week. Steelers are on a losing skid and need a win badly to not only stay head in the division, but in the playoff hunt. They have NE next, and IF the reports are true that Conner would have played if it was the Superbowl and they are just being cautious with him, I think they've reached that point where they have to rush him back out there. They can't afford to lose to NE.

• Like 2

Ya'll getting ya'll hopes up for nothing, high ankle sprains are usually 2-4 weeks injuries. Earliest He would be back is week 16, but most likely week 17. 

Just now, All Knowing said:

Ya'll getting ya'll hopes up for nothing, high ankle sprains are usually 2-4 weeks injuries. Earliest He would be back is week 16, but most likely week 17. 

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

4 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

Jaylen Samuels Gonna ball out this week in a shoot out with new england, They are one of the worse teams against pass catching rbs, and hopefully this time he gets the goalline plung over ridley...... Easy start over Marlon Mack and David Johnson for me. ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Nobody in here knows any more than the other. I will look at Schefty and Crapoport as more truthful sources and hope he comes back. Samuels/Ridley are nowhere near as good as Conner, and I play in ESPN so Samuels as a TE doesn't apply. 

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

you can keep believing it was a contusion if you want LMAO gullible.

23 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

He's done for the FF season at least

You are def more connected than Schefter. I'll take your word for it 

• Haha 1

Did we ever really get confirmation that it was a high ankle sprain? Or the severity of the sprain? The video really didn’t look that bad 

12 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I might be one of the only Conner owners hoping he doesn't come back.

This is a lie. 

• Haha 1