sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Sounds like Coaches' Speak to me... This just tells me that he didn't practice today and probably won't practice at all this week, which will ultimately lead to him sitting this Sunday... fire up your Samuels!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeroVendict said:

This is actually great news. I think he plays and he plays well. Tomorrow will tell the real story.  But sounds like his injury isn't as severe 

There is nothing in that blurb about his injury outside of the fact he did not practice today.  So because of that I would say he is still plenty injured especially after admitting this week he suffered a high ankle sprain which is a multi week injury. 

• Like 1

Just now, arielk31 said:

Sounds like Coaches' Speak to me... This just tells me that he didn't practice today and probably won't practice at all this week, which will ultimately lead to him sitting this Sunday... fire up your Samuels!

Samuels owners make me sick.

Let us Conner owners be optimistic he is going to play. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, nromn said:

You obviously missed the part about him being barefoot.

I suppose he wears the walking boot in the shower too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Samuels owners make me sick.

Let us Conner owners be optimistic he is going to play. 

Because you Conner owner's were really being optimistic about Bell during the first 10 weeks this year...haha

Edited by Grumption
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

for all you know he just came outta the shower or had a checkup with the team doctor

Why would he go to the Steeler's locker room  to take a shower when he hasn't been practicing?

That would be weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Grumption said:

Because you Conner owner's were really being optimistic throughout about Bell during the first 10 weeks this year...haha

Apples and oranges. An injured young stud running back versus a diva aging running back. Won't get into this because it will just get nuked anyways. 

23 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

per Steelers NFL Network Reporter:

With RB James Conner still not practicing, #Steelers OC Randy Fichtner joked about taking head trainer John Norwig pizza, lunch, whatever he wants. More seriously, Fichtner said he does not believe Conner needs to practice to play Sunday vs the #Patriots: "He's played a LOT."

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THO

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Apples and oranges. An injured young stud running back versus a diva aging running back. Won't get into this because it will just get nuked anyways. 

I will give you the fact they different circumstances, I guess my point is Fantasy Football is a selfish hobby. People only care about the circumstances that benefit their own team. I don't think anybody truly wishes anybody serious injury (some sick people do), but maybe a player needs another week to get better or gets the flu, everyone has been there. As a benefactor and non-benefactor of the situation. 

1 minute ago, Grumption said:

I will give you the fact they different circumstances, I guess my point is Fantasy Football is a selfish hobby. People only care about the circumstances that benefit their own team. I don't think anybody truly wishes anybody serious injury (some sick people do), but maybe a player needs another week to get better or gets the flu, everyone has been there. As a benefactor and non-benefactor of the situation. 

I agree 100%. But what irritates me is when players of the cuff go into the lead players thread just to post "he ain't playing haha FIRE UP YOUR BACKUP BOYSZZZZZ". Unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I agree 100%. But what irritates me is when players of the cuff go into the lead players thread just to post "he ain't playing haha FIRE UP YOUR BACKUP BOYSZZZZZ". Unnecessary. 

I've enjoyed reading your posts all season lmao.

But yeah, if Conner goes this week I will be happy but still concerned. All it takes is for someone to fall on his ankle or for him to re-aggravate it for him to be out

16 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

There is nothing in that blurb about his injury outside of the fact he did not practice today.  So because of that I would say he is still plenty injured especially after admitting this week he suffered a high ankle sprain which is a multi week injury. 

Who said it was a high ankle sprain? No official diagnoses on that . They just said it was a sprain. Lower sprain is a 1-3 week injury.

3 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Who said it was a high ankle sprain? No official diagnoses on that . They just said it was a sprain. Lower sprain is a 1-3 week injury.

It's what he wants to believe. I've also seen mid-to-high sprain reported. It's not a clear cut diagnosis like that poster makes out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

The player admitted it himself.  Usually they aren't making things up in this manner.  Also randomly found this video no idea if credible but figured why not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTM said:

It's what he wants to believe. I've also seen mid-to-high sprain reported. It's not a clear cut diagnosis like that poster makes out. 

I mean if you want to believe I am simply making things up sure.  I am not the one who tweeted out the info. 

17 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THO

They’re lying through their teeth. 

I would believe he doesn’t have to practice to play this week if he were a 5yr vet with multiple years as a starter in the same system. 

This report just doesn’t pass the smell test.

Edited by Boozted
  • Like 1

But I mean.. even if he does go.. do you believe he's 100%? I don't. If he does go I feel like he'll be plodding around the field not trying to get hurt again. 

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

But I mean.. even if he does go.. do you believe he's 100%? I don't. If he does go I feel like he'll be plodding around the field not trying to get hurt again. 

Hard to really know. He's not practicing so it is safe to assume he's nowhere near 100%. But what percentage do they consider sticking him in? He is there most talented runner by far and they're in desperation mode. Some people may think he's not practicing because maybe it's better to rest the leg than rehab it? I don't know how it works..

2 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Again that's Connor saying it. He's not a doctor. If it's a high ankle sprain he should be ruled out right away.

Why would Conner ( ER not OR ) make up a worse injury than what he has?  That makes no sense dude.  

He isn't going on the radio to create a cloud of mystery to lie about the type of injury he has so the Patriots are up in arms about what to do about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Hard to really know. He's not practicing so it is safe to assume he's nowhere near 100%. But what percentage do they consider sticking him in? He is there most talented runner by far and they're in desperation mode. Some people may think he's not practicing because maybe it's better to rest the leg than rehab it? I don't know how it works..

Looks like the Steelers and I are in the same boat lmao