sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Sounds like Coaches' Speak to me... This just tells me that he didn't practice today and probably won't practice at all this week, which will ultimately lead to him sitting this Sunday... fire up your Samuels!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeroVendict said:

This is actually great news. I think he plays and he plays well. Tomorrow will tell the real story.  But sounds like his injury isn't as severe 

 

There is nothing in that blurb about his injury outside of the fact he did not practice today.  So because of that I would say he is still plenty injured especially after admitting this week he suffered a high ankle sprain which is a multi week injury. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arielk31 said:

Sounds like Coaches' Speak to me... This just tells me that he didn't practice today and probably won't practice at all this week, which will ultimately lead to him sitting this Sunday... fire up your Samuels!

Samuels owners make me sick.

 

Let us Conner owners be optimistic he is going to play. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nromn said:

You obviously missed the part about him being barefoot.

 

I suppose he wears the walking boot in the shower too. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Samuels owners make me sick.

 

Let us Conner owners be optimistic he is going to play. 

 

 Because you Conner owner's were really being optimistic about Bell during the first 10 weeks this year...haha

Edited by Grumption
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

 

for all you know he just came outta the shower or had a checkup with the team doctor

 

Why would he go to the Steeler's locker room  to take a shower when he hasn't been practicing?

That would be weird.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grumption said:

 

 Because you Conner owner's were really being optimistic throughout about Bell during the first 10 weeks this year...haha

Apples and oranges. An injured young stud running back versus a diva aging running back. Won't get into this because it will just get nuked anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

per Steelers NFL Network Reporter:

 

With RB James Conner still not practicing, #Steelers OC Randy Fichtner joked about taking head trainer John Norwig pizza, lunch, whatever he wants. More seriously, Fichtner said he does not believe Conner needs to practice to play Sunday vs the #Patriots: "He's played a LOT."

 

 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Apples and oranges. An injured young stud running back versus a diva aging running back. Won't get into this because it will just get nuked anyways. 

 

I will give you the fact they different circumstances, I guess my point is Fantasy Football is a selfish hobby. People only care about the circumstances that benefit their own team. I don't think anybody truly wishes anybody serious injury (some sick people do), but maybe a player needs another week to get better or gets the flu, everyone has been there. As a benefactor and non-benefactor of the situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grumption said:

 

I will give you the fact they different circumstances, I guess my point is Fantasy Football is a selfish hobby. People only care about the circumstances that benefit their own team. I don't think anybody truly wishes anybody serious injury (some sick people do), but maybe a player needs another week to get better or gets the flu, everyone has been there. As a benefactor and non-benefactor of the situation. 

I agree 100%. But what irritates me is when players of the cuff go into the lead players thread just to post "he ain't playing haha FIRE UP YOUR BACKUP BOYSZZZZZ". Unnecessary. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

I agree 100%. But what irritates me is when players of the cuff go into the lead players thread just to post "he ain't playing haha FIRE UP YOUR BACKUP BOYSZZZZZ". Unnecessary. 

 

I've enjoyed reading your posts all season lmao.

 

But yeah, if Conner goes this week I will be happy but still concerned. All it takes is for someone to fall on his ankle or for him to re-aggravate it for him to be out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

There is nothing in that blurb about his injury outside of the fact he did not practice today.  So because of that I would say he is still plenty injured especially after admitting this week he suffered a high ankle sprain which is a multi week injury. 

Who said it was a high ankle sprain? No official diagnoses on that . They just said it was a sprain. Lower sprain is a 1-3 week injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Who said it was a high ankle sprain? No official diagnoses on that . They just said it was a sprain. Lower sprain is a 1-3 week injury.

 

It's what he wants to believe. I've also seen mid-to-high sprain reported. It's not a clear cut diagnosis like that poster makes out. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Who said it was a high ankle sprain? No official diagnoses on that . They just said it was a sprain. Lower sprain is a 1-3 week injury.

 

 

The player admitted it himself.  Usually they aren't making things up in this manner.  Also randomly found this video no idea if credible but figured why not

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTM said:

 

It's what he wants to believe. I've also seen mid-to-high sprain reported. It's not a clear cut diagnosis like that poster makes out. 

 

I mean if you want to believe I am simply making things up sure.  I am not the one who tweeted out the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

 

 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THO

They’re lying through their teeth. 

 

I would believe he doesn’t have to practice to play this week if he were a 5yr vet with multiple years as a starter in the same system. 

 

This report just doesn’t pass the smell test.

Edited by Boozted
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I mean.. even if he does go.. do you believe he's 100%? I don't. If he does go I feel like he'll be plodding around the field not trying to get hurt again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

But I mean.. even if he does go.. do you believe he's 100%? I don't. If he does go I feel like he'll be plodding around the field not trying to get hurt again. 

Hard to really know. He's not practicing so it is safe to assume he's nowhere near 100%. But what percentage do they consider sticking him in? He is there most talented runner by far and they're in desperation mode. Some people may think he's not practicing because maybe it's better to rest the leg than rehab it? I don't know how it works..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Again that's Connor saying it. He's not a doctor. If it's a high ankle sprain he should be ruled out right away.

 

Why would Conner ( ER not OR ) make up a worse injury than what he has?  That makes no sense dude.  

 

He isn't going on the radio to create a cloud of mystery to lie about the type of injury he has so the Patriots are up in arms about what to do about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Hard to really know. He's not practicing so it is safe to assume he's nowhere near 100%. But what percentage do they consider sticking him in? He is there most talented runner by far and they're in desperation mode. Some people may think he's not practicing because maybe it's better to rest the leg than rehab it? I don't know how it works..

 

Looks like the Steelers and I are in the same boat lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.