sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

The over/under is down to 41 in this game..only the buffalo, baltimore game is lower.  If you have some decent other options, which likely you do since Conner was a late draft pick I'd start those guys instead.

5 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

The over/under is down to 41 in this game..only the buffalo, baltimore game is lower.  If you have some decent other options, which likely you do since Conner was a late draft pick I'd start those guys instead.

Also an overlooked fact is that the Browns have a lights out rush defense.  I don't think they ceded a single 100yd rusher in 2017.  

1 hour ago, TommyKramer said:

I'm starting him in my flex spot over guys like Doug Baldwin, Lamar Miller, and Peyton Barber.  Got a good feeling Conner is going to break out on his way to stardom this week

Umm. This game is gonna be played in worst conditions possible..but white cloud, that will help both running backs..not so fast Spanky..

40 gusts..5/6 inches...

Should be switched to another venue

19 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Also an overlooked fact is that the Browns have a lights out rush defense.  I don't think they ceded a single 100yd rusher in 2017.  

#7 rush defense last season

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

#7 rush defense last season

Did they allow a single 100yd rusher though? I stopped paying attention late in the season so maybe they did at the tail end.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

I'm very hesitant to start

So you went through this entire weekend of Bell reporting speculation, come out a winner, and now you're considering not starting him? Nutter Butters dude.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bendover said:

So you went through this entire weekend of Bell reporting speculation, come out a winner, and now you're considering not starting him? Nutter Butters dude.

As they say... START YOUR STUDS!!! Let's go Conner!!!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, bendover said:

I understand the “high winds = more rb usage” but won’t they just stack the box? And it’s not just high winds. How are they going to run in 5-6 inches of rain/mud. It’ll be like the London game Steelers had where no one could score.

8 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

I understand the “high winds = more rb usage” but won’t they just stack the box? And it’s not just high winds. How are they going to run in 5-6 inches of rain/mud. It’ll be like the London game Steelers had where no one could score.

• Rain likely. Becoming windy in the afternoon. High 63F. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch. Localized flooding is possible.

17 minutes ago, bendover said:

I grabbed him off the wire for free, its not like conner owners dont have other options.

• Like 2

his value might not be higher depending on he performs now since it's still a mystery. if he ***** the bed you can count the trade chip goodbye until he puts up a great week.

34 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Weather doesn't seem that bad.

Its later in the afternoon when it gets bad looks like 17 mph winds and like an inch of rain at best.

Yeah, because a weather forecast is never wrong? Lol

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Yeah, because a weather forecast is never wrong? Lol

It could be wrong both ways.. 

7 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If you've a Conner owner and not playing him tomorrow then IDK what to say 

Most of us "Connor" owners picked him up off waivers or one of the last 3 rounds.  Some of us have better options.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

Could that also be due to them sucking so badly in the back end that everyone torched them through the air?

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Could that also be due to them sucking so badly in the back end that everyone torched them through the air?

Nope. Last year Cleveland had the 5th most rushing attempts against (467), while only averaging 3.4 yards per attempt (2nd best in the NFL after Denver). 

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

No

I have a feeling Conner is more like a RB3. 

I am starting him in Flex in 4 of my 6 leagues, above C Hyde, J Howard this week.

Unfortunate, the most important league where I have Bell I lost him on waiver.

Starting Lynch as my RB2 in that league.

The low draft/free agent pickup of the decade lol I guess the big question is whether or not he'll receive targets coming out of the backfield for ppr leagues.

1 hour ago, zen25 said:

I have a feeling Conner is more like a RB3. 

I am starting him in Flex in 4 of my 6 leagues, above C Hyde, J Howard this week.

Unfortunate, the most important league where I have Bell I lost him on waiver.

Starting Lynch as my RB2 in that league.

FWIW, pretty much everyone has him as a top 20 play this week regardless of the matchup.