sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

25 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

You're kidding yourself if you think James Conner isn't a plug 'n' play in all leagues if Le'Veon were to not suit up for a game. There is no risk to holding him, as virtually everyone drafted him in the last 5 rounds as a flier/lottery ticket or picked him up for free. If he busts when given the opportunity, that's one thing; but to say he's not startable after the preseason he's had and the talent he's flashed is myopic.

had to google "myopic".

i agree though. Conner is a must start, just like Tevin Coleman when starting.

1 hour ago, ozark said:

Conner? I'd have no problem starting him especially in PPR. He'd be in Rb1 territory.

Connor is a sweet play if Bell is out. We all know that. What I don’t understand is how can anybody say they would plug him in there starting lineup. I just don’t see that. I drafted guys before Connor, week 1 every team is playing. There is no byes. 

Just say a 12 team league that starts 2 RBs Nd 1 flex... you got to have drafted a player you trust more than Connor. 

Team 1 start Gurley & Mixon. My flex play is Ajayi, Coleman, RobbyAnderson or Connor 

Team 2 start Drake, Henry flex is either Goodwin, Duke, White or Connor

Team 3 start Gordon, Fournette flex is either Goodwin, Duke, Ty or Connor 

I can’t see IT 

Easy drop for me in 12 or shallower leagues if Bell practices tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Connor is a sweet play if Bell is out. We all know that. What I don’t understand is how can anybody say they would plug him in there starting lineup. I just don’t see that. I drafted guys before Connor, week 1 every team is playing. There is no byes. 

Just say a 12 team league that starts 2 RBs Nd 1 flex... you got to have drafted a player you trust more than Connor. 

Team 1 start Gurley & Mixon. My flex play is Ajayi, Coleman, RobbyAnderson or Connor 

I can’t see IT 

Team 1 - How are you taking Coleman (backup w/ max 10-15 touches a game), Ayaji (one of the most injury prone backs w/ 2nd string QB and Alshon gone), Anderson (rookie QB vs a decent defense last year) over a guy whose going to touch the ball 20+ times a game on one of the best offenses? CONNER STARTS

Team 2- Goodwin vs Minny, Duke is a 3rd down back, and how do you know what Belechick is going to do with White? again CONNER starts on this team

Team 3- You going to flex TY HILTON or TY Mont...its if TY mont, I wish I was in your league...thats a no brainer (CONNER ALL DAY)

Just because you draft a guy higher doesn't mean you start him. You must of been the guy who drafted Dez Bryant in round 2 last year and just kept him in week 2 week cause you hate being wrong.

Edited by hamburglar628
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I can’t see IT 

If Bell does indeed sit, which I doubt by the way,  I'd easily start Conner over all those options as your flex.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I can’t see IT 

Connor would be my flex before everyone else you listed, and I'd debate starting him over Mixon or Henry based on matchups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

If Bell does indeed sit, which I doubt by the way,  I'd easily start Conner over all those options as your flex.

Exactly..I think this guy bases everything off of ESPN/Yahoo projections without looking into matchups and opportunities.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Easy drop for me in 12 or shallower leagues if Bell practices tomorrow...

This is a difficult time of year because there is a lot out there that looks tempting.  WW is full of lottery tickets.

I passed on drafting Bell because of the holdout, mainly because I thought it would make him ineffective early in the season and potentially a higher injury risk all season.  I might be tempted to hang onto him even if Bell reports based on the injury risk.

Careful about assuming plug and play.  Conner opens at Cleveland, who always plays PIT tough.  PIT scored 2 offensive TDs at CLE last year and just one the year before.  That winless Browns team last year had the #7 rush defense, #2 in YPC.  This is no easy matchup.  And will he get 3 down usage like Bell?  Hard to tell seeing he has never caught an NFL pass.  

Edited by Chardo

For the love of god people it's Conner with an E :P

And I also agree if he starts you have to play him. The Steelers have a team built for RB success he could very well get you 15-20 points in any format.

Edited by Pigskingpin

1 hour ago, hamburglar628 said:

Exactly..I think this guy bases everything off of ESPN/Yahoo projections without looking into matchups and opportunities.

I didn’t even look at any projections 

I really hope Bell sits ...to see what happens. I will admit I was wrong IF Conner scores the points, but I am not starting him. 

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

Connor would be my flex before everyone else you listed, and I'd debate starting him over Mixon or Henry based on matchups.

1 hour ago, hamburglar628 said:

Despite being an awful team, the Browns are far from a gimme matchup for RBs. 

7 minutes ago, WAPatriot said:

Hyde Ajayi or Conner for flex standard league 

Ajayi

Hyde

Conner 

as it sits now, Ajayi is the only one I’d feel good about later in the season. 

27 minutes ago, WAPatriot said:

Hyde Ajayi or Conner for flex standard league 

You talking week 1 or full season?

• Like 1

Had to drop Crowell for Conner.

I still would be hesitant to start him. Got Peyton Barber and Marshal Lynch on the bench.

Will lean towards Lynch.

8 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Had to drop Crowell for Conner.

I still would be hesitant to start him. Got Peyton Barber and Marshal Lynch on the bench.

Will lean towards Lynch.

If bell doesn’t play I’m considering Conner a top 20 option 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WAPatriot said:

For those shopping conners what kind of receiver s are you getting

To the Bell owner, I offered T.Y and Conner for Keenan. Please bite..

If Bell doesn't play, 

I'm starting Conner over my Flex Lamar Miller.  Conner has RB1 potential in that offense with brown and the rest opening the field.  

Conner is the best Cuff, there's no one close.

8 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

To the Bell owner, I offered T.Y and Conner for Keenan. Please bite..

I tried this too for AJG. Paired Conner with Fitz or Baldwin..no bite. Maybe tomorrow lol