sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Going to be a tough call starting Conner of the likes of Collins, Drake, etc.

What about over the likes of Billial or Tarik ???

4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Going to be a tough call starting Conner of the likes of Collins, Drake, etc.

Don't do it.

Just now, jiamm14 said:

Do it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jiamm14 said:

You can only hope that you have decisions as easy as this.

• Haha 2

I would start conner over a guy like Collins or drake all day every day. Did you guys see what Williams could do given the opportunity? 

• Like 2

i put in a waiver with 30 of my 100 on him....dumb? even if i get him for half a season, or he's trade bait for leveon owner i think it's worth it. 

15 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I would start conner over a guy like Collins or drake all day every day. 

Yeah, but you're a bit of an optimist. I fully agree with @affliction

20 minutes ago, white800 said:

i put in a waiver with 30 of my 100 on him....dumb? even if i get him for half a season, or he's trade bait for leveon owner i think it's worth it. 

buy on the news?

I personally wouldnt have done it. save that $30 for a rainy day.

I don't know if I will start him over M Lynch or P Barber.

Browns run D I hear is good. Big Ben is my starting QB, he might throw a lot more to his WR corps, which might be best in the league.

conner has rb1 upside while bell is out. outstanding in previous fill in situations and great preseason. steelers are high on him hence treatment of bell I would def start him over many rb2s in question...plug n play match up proof while bell out imo

• Like 1

Dropped Kelvin Benjamin for this guy.  Don't think I'll regret that one at all.  Might have just nabbed an RB1 for free

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I would

same...Royce will be nice too without a doubt but I think they will work his reps up as season progresses, I imagine we will see some booker on third downs. Conner will be bellcow...think about Royce over whoever your flex is

• Like 1

Might be more worthwhile to discuss who we'd start him over in general rather than piecemeal.  Based on a random site I found they have the week 1 standard rankings (not including Bell) as:

Gurley

Johnson

Kamara

Elliott

Gordon

Fournette

Hunt

McCaffrey

Barkley

Cook

Mixon

Collins

Howard

Freeman

McCoy

Miller

Drake

Henry

Ajayi

Freeman

Williams

Burkhead

Hyde

Lewis

Lynch

Barber

Tevin Coleman

Chris Carson

etc

IMO if he gets the nod I put him squarely in that Miller/Drake/Henry range rank wise.  Not a great matchup and he's a newbie but boy is that ceiling alluring in that offense. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a middling day or was one of the top performers and that would be the range where I'd consider that risk worthwhile.

• Like 1

Just now, Baur10 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he had a middling day or was one of the top performers and that would be the range where I'd consider that risk worthwhile.

I feel like he's going to be extra motivated to show the Steelers that he can be the guy too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I would start conner over a guy like Collins or drake all day every day. Did you guys see what Williams could do given the opportunity? 

I've been burned by these type of moves in the past. It looks like Conner would be the better play because you're comparing his potential output to that of Bell. Drake and Collins are 3rd-4th rd picks for a reason.

Got this from Reddit:

"PSA it's not 6 games played it's signing before tuesday 4pm new york time post week 10 as stated by CBA p 51." 

So theoretically this week to week game of wondering if and when Le'Veon will come back could go on for a long time. Gotta love fantasy football. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, affliction said:

I've been burned by these type of moves in the past. It looks like Conner would be the better play because you're comparing his potential output to that of Bell. Drake and Collins are 3rd-4th rd picks for a reason.

If bell doesn't play, I would easily play conner in my lineup over those guys but that's just me.