tonycpsu

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options

Can anyone advise on Hector Velazquez? He’s listed as the starter for Boston vs NYM tomorrow 

Gonna be a stretch but for those with start caps who are we looking at long inning relief streams from bullpen starts? This applies moreso to people in points leagues but ive been using this strat for roto leagues with start caps as well.

I see Yarbrough tonight and Chirinos tomorrow for TB.  Baltimore, Texas, Cleveland and Boston will have long relief needs tonight. Jeffrey Springs comes to mind for TEX, went 3 innings on sunday and the manager is looking to stretch him out. Brian Johnson and Velazquez could be an option for Boston tonight. I dont see anything sexy for Baltimore but Yacabonis is an option. Cleveland, i dont know.

Anybody want to throw their desperation play out there, lets hear it.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:57 PM, happymedium11 said:

any good pitching options to grab and hold for NEXT week? I'm up 8-1 this week. 

Aaron Sanchez two starts?

On 9/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, happymedium11 said:

any good pitching options to grab and hold for NEXT week? I'm up 8-1 this week. 

I too am eyeing next week...

Aaron Sanchez is a great grab & I also really like the way Sandy Alcantra's been pitching but Washington's a tough matchup, even if its in Miami.

Joey Luchessi @ home versus SF looks tasty too. 

I also like Boyd + Zimmermann @ home versus Minnesota, though i don't "love" either & i like Boyd more than Zimm. 

Goodluck in the next round & let me hear ur likes for next week

Daniel Mengden SHOULD be a 2-start vs LAA and MINN

He's been very solid lately.

* Maybe not, it's too hard these days to figure out who's starting when

Edited by Gumbo_Ghost

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Lucchesi needs to be started against the Padres. 

He pitches for the Padres if you mean Joey.

27 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

He pitches for the Padres if you mean Joey.

Meant to say the Giants. They are abysmal against LHP.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
  • Like 1

keller and glassnow both seem like good streams next week. Keller is @Pit and @Det. Glasnow is @Tex and @Tor (last time Glassnow started against TOR he was shelled and didnt make it out of the first - I still like him). Anyone know if Lucchesi is starting twice next week?

Does anyone have a link to a site that shows pitcher schedules ROS in one table? I recall someone shared one earlier but I can't find it. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Meant to say the Giants. They are abysmal against LHP.

Giants are playing the Rockies

Who are the long relievers today? Jalen Beeks for TB? Who is coming in for Sale after his 3 innings? Any others to consider? 

8 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

Who are the long relievers today? Jalen Beeks for TB? Who is coming in for Sale after his 3 innings? Any others to consider? 

Jalen Beeks for sure. Im guessing Eovaldi for BOS. Its slim pickens out there but im thinking LAA, BAL, SD and STL could all be in line to see some long relievers today.

This is the site i use, if there are better ones put it out there http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/bullpen.pl?lookback=7

what do you guys think of Touki Wednesday vs StL? or would you rather Waino against SF Saturday (after what he did last night)?

1 hour ago, WTP333 said:

what do you guys think of Touki Wednesday vs StL? or would you rather Waino against SF Saturday (after what he did last night)?

I’ll take my chances on both of them.  I like Touki much, much more in a vacuum, but the giants are a perfect matchup.  I’d probably still go Touki if you can only pick one (even with a solid bounce back start from wainwright over the weekend).

• Like 1

Jorge Polanco and Johan Camargo are both under 40% owned on Yahoo, and could serve as a couple of "hot hands" to use as Trevor Story fill-ins ROS.

Polanco's my pick at the moment since he has a 130 wRC+ in September and has shown significant upside in the past, though he's 0 for 3 on the basepaths this month, so the SBs might not be there.  ROS schedule is 5 vs. the Tigers, 4 vs. the ChiSox, and 3 vs. the Athletics, all teams with middling to poor pitching.

Camargo's schedule isn't quite as nice, but 7 vs. the cratering Phillies should be manageable.  He might get rested down the stretch once the Braves clinch the division, but he's been quite useful this season.