Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

2008 UEFA Euro Football Championship

Starts June 7 to the 29th. Will be hosted in Austria and Switzerland. The USA is not in it. Cant wait to watch some futbol!!!

I went ahead and created a league for anyone who would like to play.

It's called RWFC '08, and the join code is: 131534-23933

Each team has a salary cap of 100 million Euros, uses a 4-4-2 formation and has a uniform designed by You.

Form more info on rules, transfers and scoring, go here

I'm going with an initial lineup of:

Cech, Carvalho, Evra, Lahm, Arbeloa, Ronaldo, Pirlo, Matejovsky, Nasri, Torres, Cassano...sub: Samaras

Here's the TV Schedule for the weekend:

Saturday, 6/7 on Classic, Deportes, 360 (all times Eastern)

11:50am - Switzerland vs. Czech Rep.

2:30pm - Portugal vs. Turkey

Saturday, 6/8 on 2, Deportes, 360

11:50 - Austria vs. Croatia

2:30 - Germany vs. Poland

There will be two matches on each day at the same times during group play, which ends on 6/18. There's one match each of the next four days for the knock-out round, with the semi-finals on the 25th and 26th, and the Final on the 29th, like Darc said.

Still have room in the fantasy league.....

WTF....I just looked through my TV guide and I cant find Classic, Deportes or the other one there

For those East Coasters...(Mainly Kevin cuz your in the same TV stations as I am) what channels are they?

WTF....I just looked through my TV guide and I cant find Classic, Deportes or the other one there

For those East Coasters...(Mainly Kevin cuz your in the same TV stations as I am) what channels are they?

Depends on your system.....Classic is 265 on Comcast in Philly.

Entertaining first match between the Swiss and the Czech's.....not much scoring, but some drama.

Looking forward to seeing the Portugese, I'm thinking 3-0 over the Turks.

Okay, so the Portuguese only won 2-0, but they did have an early goal nullified by an offside call.....

Croats already up 1-0 after 5 mins. vs. the Austrians, who are here only because they're co-hosting. I'm thinking 4-0 on this one.

Intersting side note....the Dutch fans has been pegged as the most easily taken by scalpers:

The fervent, orange-clad Dutch fans have been marked out by ticket resellers as the big spenders at Euro 2008, where supply was never going to meet demand because six of the eight stadiums hold just 30,000 spectators, making ideal conditions to inflate the black market.

Only the Poles and Germans, the scalpers say, have matched the Oranje fans' willingness to pay much more than face value for a ticket.

(link)

Both the Germans (11:50) and the Poles (2:30) play today.

Compelleing match going on right now between Italy and Romania.......the Italians are playing out of desperation after getting crushed by the Dutch, and the Romanians managed a draw with France. It's 1-1 now, with both goals scored within a minute of each other.

Netherlands/France, at 2:30 should be very good......hope everyone gets to catch that one.

Italy hung onto the Draw, but the French now trail 2-0 to the Dutch, who look strong.

This is turning into one heckuva summer for Edwin van der Sar.....

LOL......"It's a Dutch oven, and the French are toast"

Dominating performance by the Dutch team today, it could've been 5 or 6 goals for them.

Looks like the Group of Death may claim both of the finalists in the last WC.

LOL......"It's a Dutch oven, and the French are toast"

Dominating performance by the Dutch team today, it could've been 5 or 6 goals for them.

Looks like the Group of Death may claim both of the finalists in the last WC.

whos' in the group of death?? dutch and...?

whos' in the group of death?? dutch and...?

Dutch, Italians, French and Romanians.

Dutch have won the group by routing the World Champs and the runners-up, Romania is second with two Draws.

Either France or Italy can still advance with a win in their match on Tuesday and a loss by Romania (who play the Dutch in a meaningless match for them).....but either way, one of the top teams coming into the tournament will be going home early.

With all four groups now having played two matches, this is what we know:

Croatia, Spain, the Netherlands and Portugal have all secured places in the next stage, having won their respective Groups.

Czech Republic, Germany, Romania and Sweden hold 2nd place in their groups, but must secure points in their final matches to ensure advancement.

Turkey, Russia, Austria, Poland, France and Italy all have a chance to advance, but must win and need some help.

Switzerland and Greece, having failed to secure at least 1 point thus far, are Out of consideration. The Greek elimination means we'll have a new Champion.

Final Group Matches to be played; since remaining matches will be played simultaneously, the important match of the group is in bold:

Tomorrow: Switzerland v. Portugal and Turkey v. Czech Republic

Monday: Poland v. Croatia and Austria v. Germany - both will matter

Tuesday: Netherlands v. Romania and France v. Italy - both will matter

Wednesday: Greece v. Spain and Russia v. Sweden

Guest ciderjack6

WTF!! I'm missing all the good games....

Why do they schedule the worst games for the weekend?

Guest ciderjack6

Nevermind, the Czechs just choked. It was a good game.

WOW, Turkey just knocked out Czech Republic with 2 goals in the last 3 minutes of regulation time

Portugal all the way!

I'm not at all pleased that I have to miss that match today.....it's a shame these two have to meet in the quarter-finals.....this is champsionship match quality.

There is an epic match today between two heavy hitters in Portugal vs Germany at 2:30 pm EST. I hope Portugal prevails

Ronaldo vs Podolski

WTF...Portugal lost

They dug a deep hole for themselves early, and you don't get out of that against the Germans, in what was essentially a home game for them.

Croatia/Turkey tomorrow and then the heavyweights, Holland and Spain/Italy over the weekend. Good stuff.