Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

2008 UEFA Euro Football Championship

They dug a deep hole for themselves early, and you don't get out of that against the Germans, in what was essentially a home game for them.

Croatia/Turkey tomorrow and then the heavyweights, Holland and Spain/Italy over the weekend. Good stuff.

After the comeback win from Turkey against the Czechs, I will be rooting for Turkey over Croatia

portugal needs to build a team and not just have Cristiano Ronaldo and Nuno Gomes.....i mean really.....do it already!!!

Look at The germans, mind you their Bundesligua is more developed, but come on.......you're kidding me when Bastian Schweinsteiger makes the difference here....where did he come from....it's like their team is a BMW or Mercedes....everything works like a charm and is there for a reason!!!!

I'll be at a wedding all weekend long.....of course i will miss the weekend festivities. B)

Ruud Van Nasty with a total clutch header at the 86 minute mark to tie Russia

Ruud Van Nasty with a total clutch header at the 86 minute mark to tie Russia

What a match this has been.....I was all set to write the Dutch obit when Sneijder and RUUUUUUUD came through.

I hope the rumors of a Ruud return to the EPL are true....that would be fun.

I can't help but gush about the play of Arshavin and Pavlychenko....they've both played very, very well.

They've raised their transfer prices quite a bit this month. Arshavin's speed will be a nice asset in the EPL, which seems to be where he's headed.

Great goal by Torbinski......and more brilliance from Arshavin in setting it up.

Ironically, if the Russians advance, he can't play in the semi-final.

That'll do it.......have I mentioned how well Arshavin has played? B)

Spain vs Italy today. Defense of the Spaniards too much for the Italians?

Spain vs Italy today. Defense of the Spaniards too much for the Italians?

90 wasn't enough.....on to extra time.

Anybody wanna speculate on Germany vs. Turkey on Wednesday?

Does Der Mannschaft roll over the Turks, or will there be a Cinderella in the Final?

90 wasn't enough.....on to extra time.

Anybody wanna speculate on Germany vs. Turkey on Wednesday?

Does Der Mannschaft roll over the Turks, or will there be a Cinderella in the Final?

Will Turkey have enough players to field a team? If Germany doesn't roll then they don't deserve to be in this tourney

Predictions for the Semis:

Germany runs over the Turks, 3-0.....let's give the goals to Klose, Podolski and Ballack

Spain edges Russia, 2-1......Torres twice for the Spaniards and Pavlyuchenko for the Russians

That would make for a helluva final!

Sunday's going to be fun.....it'll be even better if Dah-veeed Villa can go.

The talent up front suggests fireworks, but the defenses say "nil-all into extra time"

We're an Enrique Igledias song away from getting started.

Any predictions? I'm going with the Germans, 2-1.....on penaltys

Spain loves to suck on the germans thumbs!!!!mmmmhhh tastes like beer...yuk.

All in all, it was a good match that would have been a lot better had the Germans put up more of a fight.

Spain earned the win, and the goal from Torres was as nice as you'll see. He almost scored a second the exact same way.

All in all, it was a good match that would have been a lot better had the Germans put up more of a fight.

Spain earned the win, and the goal from Torres was as nice as you'll see. He almost scored a second the exact same way.

torres was very good.......the guy has some serious jets to go with his nice footwork!!!!