thecomebackkid907

LeGarrette Blount 2018 Outlook

I mean... you kind of know what you're getting. Nothing flashy. Okay floor, low ceiling with potential to have a  decent game but good luck predicting that. The fact that Patricia is starting to mention Zenner gives you an idea how confident he is in Blount and Riddick as a combination

Agreed, this is bad for blount with Zenner, your looking at a 10 for 30, if you get a TD is a barely ok week.  Remember they are playing the bears who just stomped Dalvin Cook

10 for 30 would actually be an improvement on how he’s played this year. More like 10 for 13. I recommend stay away from this mess unless you’re extremely desperate. 

You're more likely to get negative points than positive points if you start Blount. Best case scenario is a 1-yard TD plunge. Hard pass.

• Like 1

Some guy in my league just spent $15 on Blount this week... no one else bid.  

That’s when you know you’ve held your FAAB too long.

Last Game: 7 rushes for 1 yd

Last 2 Games (total): 13 rushes for 5 yds

Last 3 Games (total): 18 rushes for 13 yds

Last 4 Games (total): 21 rushes for 16 yds

He’s had one game with a 5.0 ypc this year (10 for 50), and it was Week 7 against Miami, who has possibly the worst rush defense in the NFL.

He now plays the Bears, who are giving up the least amount of RB fantasypoints in the league.

If you start this guy, you have one chance for 6+ points... a PI call in the end zone followed by a 1-yard plunge, and even then there is a possibility it could be Zenner.

LEAGUE WINNER! 💰

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2018 at 9:01 AM, Ruut6 said:

Here we go again. Anyone interested at all? Oddly enough I wouldn’t be shocked if Blount somehow turns back the clock on Thanksgiving and has an 100 yard game in a game no one thinks they’ll be able to run. Sitting on the WW in most leagues i’m sure.

Ayyyyy BLOUNT!

Good for him. All the "experts" where crapping on Blount all week when anyone mentioned him as a potential waiver pickup following the Kerryon injury. He just gave Patricia all the reasons he needs to keep running him.

Edited by LongBalls

On 11/21/2018 at 10:03 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

Some guy in my league just spent $15 on Blount this week... no one else bid.  

That’s when you know you’ve held your FAAB too long.

Last Game: 7 rushes for 1 yd

Last 2 Games (total): 13 rushes for 5 yds

Last 3 Games (total): 18 rushes for 13 yds

Last 4 Games (total): 21 rushes for 16 yds

He’s had one game with a 5.0 ypc this year (10 for 50), and it was Week 7 against Miami, who has possibly the worst rush defense in the NFL.

He now plays the Bears, who are giving up the least amount of RB fantasypoints in the league.

If you start this guy, you have one chance for 6+ points... a PI call in the end zone followed by a 1-yard plunge, and even then there is a possibility it could be Zenner.

LEAGUE WINNER! 💰

One chance for 6 pts huh....oopsie

23 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

One chance for 6 pts huh....oopsie

It’s truly a Thanksgiving miracle.  Today Blount was running like someone was standing in the end zone about to eat the last drumstick. 🍗 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s truly a Thanksgiving miracle.  Today Blount was running like someone was standing in the end zone about to eat the last drumstick. 🍗 

Thanksgiving football is......different

Anyone starting him this week with Kerryon (likely) out again?

On 11/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, smeeze said:

You're more likely to get negative points than positive points if you start Blount. Best case scenario is a 1-yard TD plunge. Hard pass.

lol

1 hour ago, munygon2 said:

Decent play against the Rams or will they just throw the entire game?

Blount’s a must start if you have guys in his general area ranking wise IMO. Not only will they likely lean on him down the stretch to close the season out as he’s on a one year deal and nearing retirement, but they absolutely force feed him the ball at the goal line. They have no RZ targets besides Golladay. As long as Stafford doesn’t throw 6 picks in this game Blount is a great dart throw for 50 yards and a TD or 2.

• Like 1

Kerryon owner here, I picked up Blount today and dropped Burkhead because I figure I can start Blount as a RB3/flex if Kerryon is out if necessary.

Crazy train rolls through with reasons as to why Blount might be a decent start this week. First, if Kerryon Johnson is out this week, Blount has a chance to get 10+ carries. These are the stat lines in the 4 games he's had 10+ carries...

--Week 12 vs CHI: 19-88-2 TD (plus 1-15-0 receiving)

--Week 7 at MIA: 10-50-1 TD
--Week 5 vs GB: 12-22-2 TD

--Week 3 vs NE: 16-48-0 TD (plus 2-17-0 receiving)

In 3 of the 4 games, Blount gave you a solid fantasy game as a Flex. Blount is a player who is TD or bust - and in 3 of the above 4 games, he scored a TD and thus came through for you. 

Now there could be the concern that Blount won't even get 10 carries against the high-powered Rams, who are expected to blow Detroit away. Or even if Blount does get 10+ carries, he won't do much with them. This certainly could be the case.

On the other hand, the Rams have been having trouble with RB's lately. Over the last 4 weeks, they've been ripped up by RB's...

--Week 11 vs Kareem Hunt: 111 total yards - 1 TD
--Week 10 vs Rashaad Penny: 108 total yards - 1 TD (plus Mike Davis: 80 total yards - 1 TD)

--Week 9 vs Alvin Kamara: 116 total yards - 3 TD

--Week 8 vs Aaron Jones: 88 total yards - 1 TD (plus Jamaal Williams of all people got 1 TD as well)

Now obviously, the above RB's play on better teams than the Lions. And all of the RB's are more talented than Blount...although Seattle's duo are not exactly stars. But nonetheless, opposing teams have been having success on the ground against the Rams. 

Between a chance to have a similar amount of carries as he did against the Bears, and a shaky Rams run defense, maybe Blount can have a good Week 13. 

• Like 1

You never feel good about starting this guy in a game with a bad game script, but as mentioned above, they really feed him at the GL. I would look elsewhere if possible, but he has such a high likelihood of a TD you could do a lot worse at flex, particularly in standard.

What tier do we find Legarette in this week?? Currently mulling Justin jackson, Blount, Cook, and Zay jones. I think it’s almost a given kerryon is out at this point. Assuming he is Arizona is a really nice matchup on paper although they held up against Aaron Jones pretty well this past week. However, 15-20 carries against a nice matchup with a high likelihood of a touchdown I think he makes for a nice option this week. 

In for this discussion as well. I don't see Arizona putting up a bunch of points so this could turn into a 25 carry grinder game for Blount

23 hours ago, MyDawgggg said:

What tier do we find Legarette in this week?? Currently mulling Justin jackson, Blount, Cook, and Zay jones. I think it’s almost a given kerryon is out at this point. Assuming he is Arizona is a really nice matchup on paper although they held up against Aaron Jones pretty well this past week. However, 15-20 carries against a nice matchup with a high likelihood of a touchdown I think he makes for a nice option this week. 

49 minutes ago, JohnD said:

In for this discussion as well. I don't see Arizona putting up a bunch of points so this could turn into a 25 carry grinder game for Blount

Terrific flex 

6 point floor 

12-14 point likelihood 

Henry’esque ceiling:ph34r::lol: