RafiBomb

Donovan Mitchell Season Outlook 2018-2019

I have pick 8 so next is 17, 32, 41... seems like there's no way i get him. 

I'm surprised how the avg pick for Don is in the teens according to Yahoo rankings.

His FG% will still struggle this season but overall, he would be like a mini-Harden.

Definitely a FUN player to own, even if he's not logical to your team structure.

If looking for an elite guard after top 10, I would target Oladipo rather of course. 

7 minutes ago, danster167 said:

I'd target Dipo at 5 to be honest. Worth the reach with his steals and fg%. 

You would be crazy to take oladipo at 5, he is a fantastic player but inside the top 10 would be insanity. Maybe early second round but the only thing he does better than others is his steals, and you can find them in other players anyway! 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2018 at 10:22 AM, ROTY said:

Bledsoe at 32:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

You would be crazy to take oladipo at 5, he is a fantastic player but inside the top 10 would be insanity. Maybe early second round but the only thing he does better than others is his steals, and you can find them in other players anyway! 

I'm going to say that 5 is insane, but top 10 is totally reasonable.  He's likely going to lead the league in steals, score over 20 points, gets about as many rebounds + assists as other 1st round guards Lillard and Curry (and more than double the steals than Lillard), and gets close to 1 block a game from the guard position.  Plus over 2 threes per game.  That's EASY top 10.  

• Like 1

On 2018-09-12 at 10:22 AM, ROTY said:

Me too 

2nd pick who should I go ? 

Mitchell pg butler CJ?

3 minutes ago, snroto said:

Me too 

Mitchell pg butler CJ?

(Watch out the A/C forum cops might get ya!)

PG and Butler are way ahead of CJ.  CJ imo is way overrated and had stretches last year outside the top 60.  I wouldn't touch him until the 4th or 5th round at the earliest. 

Butler is a lock to get hurt at some point and is a solid DND for me until late 2nd/early 3rd.  

George is probably the safest pick.  

Mitchell will likely be the most fun to own.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, snroto said:

Me too 

Mitchell pg butler CJ?

It depends who you are picking at 8.

4 hours ago, snroto said:

Me too 

Mitchell pg butler CJ?

This order

PG, Butler, Mitchell, CJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is it so hard to predict Mitchell will achieve late 2nd round value ? They didn't really add anyone in the off-season, pretty much the same starting 5. He is the only iso-player they have in the starting 5. If he can just get his fg% up, increasing his ppg and 3's. Also maintaining his elite steal totals he had in Dec. Don't see no reason why he cant make that leap especially if you're punting to's, his weakest cat.

• Like 2

espn ranks him at 44ish after lou will..and some other bums. hoping to capitalize on the predraft rankings because it's a joke. 

• Like 1

Yo I play in a points H2H league and apparently he is projected to nail 40+pts a game. That's second round in my league (Anthony Davis gets like 50 pts a game)... LOL It's decided, y'all dumb if you don't pick him second round! Jk

This dude has future MVP written all over him, and it still stings that I did not scoop him up off WW last year when I had the chance (was worried about his FG% - stupid me). But honestly, I just don’t think he is going to take a 2nd round pick leap this year and be worth it to draft there when there are just so many guys available in the 2nd they are more valuable at this point.

If he is there in the 4th round though, sign me up.

• Like 1

Always irked me I missed out on him last season as he was just sitting on the WW beginning of the season.  Love his fearless game.  Reminds me of prime D-Wade.

I took him at the end of 2nd round this season (24).

Let's go Spida Mitchell!!!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 12:26 AM, PaddyAustralia said:

There were only 5 players that averaged 2 or more steals last season. 4 of them are drafted in the first two rounds.

I kind of see Mitchell on a Lillard-like projectory..with less assists, more steals, better FG%

16 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

Would you rather have DM or Simmons in a keeper league? I’m having this dillemma currently.

#1stWorldProblems 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

Would you rather have DM or Simmons in a keeper league? I’m having this dillemma currently.

Ben Simmons = Rajon Rondo

Donovan Mitchell = Michael Jordan

• Haha 2