RafiBomb

Donovan Mitchell Season Outlook 2018-2019

On 10/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, Jake the snake said:

#1stWorldProblems 

I WISH! Lmao I wasn’t particularly clear. I have Simmons but someone is offering me DM straight up.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:49 PM, Chrizz said:

How would you rank him in 8cat roto with no tos? safe 2nd round pick? 

I would think so, but that is still a good question since I'm playing in a league that doesn't track turnovers either.

Had him last season and he's great, but I don't think his numbers will improve by a significant amount (hope I'm wrong). He was already a first option last year, and I can't see a huge leap in his numbers. I would expect something like 23/5/4 on ~2.5 threes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ricky91 said:

Had him last season and he's great, but I don't think his numbers will improve by a significant amount (hope I'm wrong). He was already a first option last year, and I can't see a huge leap in his numbers. I would expect something like 23/5/4 on ~2.5 threes.

I agree, biggest thing I could see changing from that prediction is a bump to 3 3's a game, and maybe 25-26pgg.  That would probably be his ceiling this year. 

But who knows he could end up taking league by storm even more and be like 29/5/5/2stls/3 3's 

That would be an awesome thing to spectate if it happens.

Edited by SuperHans
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I do not have any shares of SPIDA this year.. He's a good guy, He will get your team a bunch of stats, and he's a blast to watch too.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 5:15 AM, Auction>Snake said:

The guy's a killer, killers don't stop ever. Expect a new level.

That's true yeah

On 10/10/2018 at 1:40 PM, Ricky91 said:

I think that where he's more likely to improve this year is on his efficiency. Even a modest rise in FG%, and a slight reduction in TO's would put him returning second round value.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:40 PM, Ricky91 said:

I think he's a near lock for 25ppg. No lower than 24. 

Soooooooo let's play a game...

Who would you pick as a 2nd or 3rd rounder ? 

Kemba - Holiday - Donovan - Wall - CP3 - McCollum ????????????????????????? 

EDIT: AND TELL US WHY ?

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Soooooooo let's play a game...

Who would you pick as a 2nd or 3rd rounder ? 

Kemba - Holiday - Donovan - Wall - CP3 - McCollum ????????????????????????? 

EDIT: AND TELL US WHY ?

I think what you have to look at out of these players is who will get stocks. They can all score over 20 points a game and get you 3's but Holiday, Donovan, Wall and CP3 get you good steals as well. Then looking at the injury history and how durable they can be, you really are only looking at Donovan tbh. Even though CP3 and Wall get great assist numbers, its hard for me to see them playing a full season without having some sort of injury, so i'm taking Donovan out of that bunch for the durability factor. If Wall was healthy and we knew he would play in 75ish games, he would easily be the best fantasy player out of the bunch.

Donovan, Wall, Holiday, CP3, Kemba, McCollum

3 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think what you have to look at out of these players is who will get stocks. They can all score over 20 points a game and get you 3's but Holiday, Donovan, Wall and CP3 get you good steals as well. Then looking at the injury history and how durable they can be, you really are only looking at Donovan tbh. Even though CP3 and Wall get great assist numbers, its hard for me to see them playing a full season without having some sort of injury, so i'm taking Donovan out of that bunch for the durability factor. If Wall was healthy and we knew he would play in 75ish games, he would easily be the best fantasy player out of the bunch.

Donovan, Wall, Holiday, CP3, Kemba, McCollum

OK. Good analysis, I like your point(s)... I'm not touching Wall like AT ALL ! 

I'd go Holiday first (he's a stock monster... not quite like Dipo, but still)...

then Spida...

Kemba...

CP3 (he will be rested heavily, let's just admit it)...

CJ

OH goddammit !!!!

I forgot to throw in there Booker... P L E A S E consider him also as a factor in this little game :)

Just now, Stefan said:

OK. Good analysis, I like your point(s)... I'm not touching Wall like AT ALL ! 

I'd go Holiday first (he's a stock monster... not quite like Dipo, but still)...

then Spida...

Kemba...

CP3 (he will be rested heavily, let's just admit it)...

CJ

OH goddammit !!!!

I forgot to throw in there Booker... P L E A S E consider him also as a factor in this little game :)

God i am a fan of this game haha!
Yeah im not touching Wall either but if he is healthy he will put up numbers like his last preseason game (32 points 9assists 3steals 2 blocks) obviously without the points, so you have to take a risk on him eventually. I also love Holiday but if Spida improves his points to around 25 and gets 4 and 4 with good steals and near three 3's, he will be fantasy gold.
I love Booker! I think he is going to have a massive season and fit in well with Ayton. Their pick and roll game will be nice to see and should allow Book to get some more assists. He can easily average 25+ points with 6 assists this year so that puts him above the rest in my opinion. Elite scoring with added rebounds and good assists (and he still gets you around a steal a game) is 2nd round worthy, i'm also just worried about his injury which is why he falls down a bit for me.
I'll still take Donovan (cause he wants to prove he can be the best, just wants it more than others i reckon), then Booker, Wall, Holiday, CP3, Kemba, McCollum

Quick note: If Kemba does really improve like people say he will this year i take him over CP3, but watching the preseason games and Hornets not being a playoff team, I can't really see him doing that much better than last year.

1 hour ago, PaddyAustralia said:

God i am a fan of this game haha!
Yeah im not touching Wall either but if he is healthy he will put up numbers like his last preseason game (32 points 9assists 3steals 2 blocks) obviously without the points, so you have to take a risk on him eventually. I also love Holiday but if Spida improves his points to around 25 and gets 4 and 4 with good steals and near three 3's, he will be fantasy gold.
I love Booker! I think he is going to have a massive season and fit in well with Ayton. Their pick and roll game will be nice to see and should allow Book to get some more assists. He can easily average 25+ points with 6 assists this year so that puts him above the rest in my opinion. Elite scoring with added rebounds and good assists (and he still gets you around a steal a game) is 2nd round worthy, i'm also just worried about his injury which is why he falls down a bit for me.
I'll still take Donovan (cause he wants to prove he can be the best, just wants it more than others i reckon), then Booker, Wall, Holiday, CP3, Kemba, McCollum

Quick note: If Kemba does really improve like people say he will this year i take him over CP3, but watching the preseason games and Hornets not being a playoff team, I can't really see him doing that much better than last year.

What can I say... It's a good game :D

We mostly agree. I too was disappointed with Kemba's preseason... Hornets are a bad, bad team... but they will probably be in a fight for 8 spot in the East...

32 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

oh man, WELCOME TO THE NEW SEASON

Looks like his shot doesn't realize that.  1-9 so far in the first half.

Obviously not going to panic one bit, but still had to point out how awful he has been in the first of the first game of this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

It's early, but I'm agreeing with you more than not 

Yeah, it's hard to disagree since he keeps chucking up 3's for no reason.  He had a great 2nd quarter last night, but otherwise I'd describe his night as "yeesh!"

It's is indeed early though.  The only thing is it doesn't give much confidence that he's ready to take the next step that some were hoping he would.

Edited by KilloWertz

I should've taken Booker at #22. Picked AD and PG mt first 2 and was leaning towards a punt assist build and wanted his defensive stats over Bookers dimes. I regret it for now but it is early.

Someone offered me him for my Bledsoe so I took it.  I’m a big jazz fan and didn’t draft him anywhere so it was a snap call even if I’m worried about his efficiency.  However, as a fan it bothered me how many shots he forced last night including the last possession when Gobert was open down low and Ingles is one of the top five 3pt shooters in the league.  He forces too much and makes poor decisions, he’s not my favorite jazz player by any stretch of the imagination.  He will finish top 50 at worst based on sheer volume but it’s going to be very difficult for someone shooting 20+ shots at sub 40% efficiency to be top 20 regardless of his counting stat’s.  That’s why I abstained this season, he’s too inefficient to meet his ADP IMO.  Now if you’re punting FG/To then l think he will meet his adp assuming that build.