RafiBomb

Donovan Mitchell Season Outlook 2018-2019

He'll pick it up eventually, didn't start off last year too hot either. But he'll never provide the stats needed at his ADP.

He was drafted 14th overall in my league, I just never saw how he could return that value. You could've drafted Lavine 4-5 rounds later this year and got around the same thing. 

• Like 2

Its still very early and the fg% will get better but I still kinda feel like hes gonna be the draft bust of the season. People drafted him expecting he’d take some jump to become the next Dwade and I’m not sold his ceiling is ever that high

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Its still very early and the fg% will get better but I still kinda feel like hes gonna be the draft bust of the season. People drafted him expecting he’d take some jump to become the next Dwade and I’m not sold his ceiling is ever that high

I think people that owned him last year (me being one) knew of his caveats. His FG% and TOs were an issue last year and that is why he only finished at 54th value on the season despite averaging 20.5/3.7/3.7/1.5/0.3 with 2.7 triples (43.7% and 2.7 TOs). I'd be suprised if last years owners were the ones reaching for him in the drafts into the 2nd and 3rd round. More likely people that just saw his monster lines and juicy overall avgs without looking at his issues.

I would love to have him again this year, but I was never going to reach beyond 4th round. I still think he'll finish about there and I'm going to try and buy low.

58 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

I think people that owned him last year (me being one) knew of his caveats. His FG% and TOs were an issue last year and that is why he only finished at 54th value on the season despite averaging 20.5/3.7/3.7/1.5/0.3 with 2.7 triples (43.7% and 2.7 TOs). I'd be suprised if last years owners were the ones reaching for him in the drafts into the 2nd and 3rd round. More likely people that just saw his monster lines and juicy overall avgs without looking at his issues.

I would love to have him again this year, but I was never going to reach beyond 4th round. I still think he'll finish about there and I'm going to try and buy low.

Yeah he went #27th in my league which is still too high imo. Just for reference, I picked Capela over him at #26, and Rudy Gobert and Beal went right after him both of whom I believe are better values at that range. 

You think he'd get better over the offseason with the FG% and TO's though... I had him through dynasty but I'd probably would've drafted him in the thirties after established guys like Beal and around the same times as guys like Devon Booker.

He's much better in real life than in fantasy. The way he creates his own shot and can score it for Utah late in the shot clock and in the clutch is great.... but that's irrelevant for fantasy. He shot .437% from the field last year and had an A/TO ratio of 3.7/2.7. He'll have big games but he's going to have FG duds and doesn't contribute enough in supporting stats to be an anchor for your team in any other cat but scoring and possibly 3s.

His ADP is just way too high going into the season, he should be going in 3rd 4th round not 2nd 3rd round. The guys he went over in my drafts was mind boggling to me.

• Like 1

I love how people freak out over 3 games and think its over for someone in Donovan Mitchells position haha. Settle down lads, ride the wave, this kid is going to be special this season

This guy is a fantasy bust so far.  Picked him up with the 17th pick because I like the kid but he’s been garbage for all but one game.  Absolutely atrocious so far tonight.  And to think I picked up hield and dropped him, who’s miles better ??‍♂️ 

I was pretty skeptical of him being a second round value bc he’s mostly

a punt FG/TO player who mostly just scores and his threes, his assists/steals are merely decent.  But I also thought he’d be at least top 50.  I bought low a little while ago in one of my leagues and all I can do is hold on.  

Atm he’s 3/13 which is straight trash but also has only 1 To.  If that was 6/13 he’d be at least 14 points depending on how many were threes.  So he can’t be this bad all season.  He may not be top 20 but he wont be this bad.

Edited by StifleTower2

Salvaging the line...thank god.

Dude should come 3 hours early before each game to warm up so he doesnt have to start so damn slowwwww

• Haha 1

I have to say that I felt there was almost no way he'd make owners happy this year.  Obviously it's very early but he was going at a crazy ADP and the joke was in our draft chat "he already peaked bro", which for his career probably not but for fantasy?  Perhaps.

That said, long way to go and a good buy low opp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

As if he wasn’t sucking bad enough, now he has a hamstring strain.  To make matters worse, I have harden sitting out too

I also hate how my shooting guard who is averaging near 5 assists a game and 22+ points is shooting a bit below average! I might have to drop him cause those numbers suck! Lel
How about we all settle as all teams have done scouting reports on him all off season as he is the Jazz's number 1 option on offence, he needs time to adjust. He is shooting under 45% on the year but that will trend up. What were we all expecting? 28 points 5 rebounds 6 assists on 50% shooting? Was never gonna happen, let the kid play and worrying about a 3rd round guy averaging 22, 2 and 5 with 2.5 threes and over a steal, he was overhyped and now people are over reacting. He is the main guy in Utah, he will get his and even over his last 7 he is averaging near 26 points a game. People think he was snubbed of ROTY last year for a reason guys, even simmons is off to a slowish start but nearly averaging a triple double haha