RafiBomb

Donovan Mitchell Season Outlook 2018-2019

That's 2 duds in a row but I sorta give him a pass for this one.  The whole Jazz team absolutely sucked tonight and got destroyed by the Mavs.  Rubio was their highest scorer at 11 and the team only scored 22 points the entire 2nd half.

It's also only November, so plenty of time for him to turn it around.

Seriously relax, he'll get hot again. Even jingles had an average game. It was literally mid-November in his rookie season when he took off after a horrible start.

Edited by EmbiidGOAT
  • Like 1

I appreciate the aggressiveness on both ends of the floor... but man... those percentages are BRUTAL!  The FT% killed me the most tonight.

It’s a bad shooting night but I think this is better than he only shoot 9 times. Sort of reminding me Josh Richardson last season. I am going to stay patient with this guy. With that poor shooting they were still had a chance to win tonight is encouraging. 

• Like 1

Irl I don’t think he is helping the Jazz.  He was good when Rubio handled the ball and he was off ball but he uses possessions so inefficiently and forces so much that he almost becomes a net negative.  I may be the only Jazz fan who thinks this but it’s so frustrating to see him waste possessions when Ingles is one of the best outside shooters in the league, Rubio is one of the best passers, and stifle is one of the best bigs.

• Like 1

Donovan Mitchell...

Draft him because you love the beautiful state of Utah

Start him for his efficiency

He needs to figure out something to fix his 3s.

45 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Irl I don’t think he is helping the Jazz.  He was good when Rubio handled the ball and he was off ball but he uses possessions so inefficiently and forces so much that he almost becomes a net negative.  I may be the only Jazz fan who thinks this but it’s so frustrating to see him waste possessions when Ingles is one of the best outside shooters in the league, Rubio is one of the best passers, and stifle is one of the best bigs.

yup,Jazz always play team basketball,from stockton+malone era→d-will+ak47 era→hayward+favors era→now rubio+ingles+Gobert era,but mitchell always love to play iso ball and think he is kobe/Jordan,it hurts the team and the coach need to fix this issue

• Like 2

35 shots and zero assists.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, it's the first 35-shot, no-assist outing in the NBA since Carmelo Anthony's 62-point performance for the New York Knicks in a win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Jan. 24, 2014. Before that, the last such statistical line in the league occurred two decades ago, when the Boston Celtics' Antoine Walker hoisted 35 shots without an assist in a loss on Jan. 7, 1998.

Good company, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I could definitely see this line of thinking if I were a Jazz fan. Especially because you guys are struggling right now. Wonder if anything will change

• Like 1

Finally!  A solid line with good percentages.  And thanks for the stocks the last 2 games!

26 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Did anyone watch the game? What's going on here? I just traded for him yesterday, this doesn't look good.

Rubio went off

Bust. one good game 2 bad game and then gets injured, rinse and repeat. Rib contusion, questionable to return. I guess maybe I can win fg% now

Buy low assumes a belief he will improve. Most people drafted him assuming a leap into the second round.  Thus far he’s been almost exactly the same as he was last year, perhaps worse.  He probably can’t score any more points so for him to improve he’ll need to improve in some other category, perhaps efficiency.  He might improve somewhat but imo he’s doing about what I would expect.  He’s outside the top 50 on a per game basis and if you offer someone who is also outside the top 50 plus a throw-in I really doubt his owner will bite. I actually sold high, if that’s possible, for Ben Simmons where I have a punt FT/To team when people still thought Simmons would decline after the Butler trade.  The only trades that I think will go down is if someone is punt FG/To and you’re not you’ll be able to shed him for equivalent value.  

Edited by StifleTower2

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Buy low assumes a belief he will improve. Most people drafted him assuming a leap into the second round.  Thus far he’s been almost exactly the same as he was last year, perhaps worse.  He probably can’t score any more points so for him to improve he’ll need to improve in some other category, perhaps efficiency.  He might improve somewhat but imo he’s doing about what I would expect.  He’s outside the top 50 on a per game basis and if you offer someone who is also outside the top 50 plus a throw-in I really doubt his owner will bite. I actually sold high, if that’s possible, for Ben Simmons where I have a punt FT/To team when people still thought Simmons would decline after the Butler trade.  The only trades that I think will go down is if someone is punt FG/To and you’re not you’ll be able to shed him for equivalent value.  

yup,people who trust espn or yahoo's pre-rank and draft him in 2nd or 3rd round must be regretting

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kane said:

yup,people who trust espn or yahoo's pre-rank and draft him in 2nd or 3rd round must be regretting

I play in a yahoo league and took him with my 2nd pick.

I figured he was special and would make “the leap” this year but my god...the inconsistency from a 2nd round pick will kill a team.

If he could somehow iron out the duds and not have them be so duddy, his ranking wouldn’t be so bad. 

His threes are not dropping right now and it’s making his overall numbers even uglier.

i have no doubt he will figure this out. He is the centerpiece of the jazz and probably their best player since AK47.