RafiBomb

Donovan Mitchell Season Outlook 2018-2019

I’d hold for now rather than sell low... a lot of managers would feast if you put him on the block knowing that when he does hit his stride he’d be pushing 2nd round value... 

1 hour ago, Rproflmao said:

I’d hold for now rather than sell low... a lot of managers would feast if you put him on the block knowing that when he does hit his stride he’d be pushing 2nd round value... 

He barely cracked top-50 last season.  What gives you hope he will produce 2nd round value, considering what he has shown so far this year?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 80version said:

He barely cracked top-50 last season.  What gives you hope he will produce 2nd round value, considering what he has shown so far this year?

The 2 week stretch where he ranked 22 in averages per game coming from back from his injury... I just think that when they get used to korver and ingles starts playing like the old ingles, he is bound to take off... if you watch the games, they are loading up on him on the defensive end because they don’t have enough shooters and favours just stands in the paint all the time so that’s an extra help defender already in position for when he drives. IMO if the floor opens up on offense and his shooters start going I could still see him average 23-3-6 this season which sits at 2nd to 3rs round value... keep in mind he’s been horrendous on catch and shoot this season, if regression to the mean happens there then we’ll see an uptick in scoring as well... 

Edited by Rproflmao
Grammar

5/26 from the field, 3/5 FT, 6 turnovers

my god I thought Kemba was killing my FG% lately... have yourself a night 

37 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

5/26 from the field, 3/5 FT, 6 turnovers

my god I thought Kemba was killing my FG% lately... have yourself a night 

This means they’re activating him, ultra super green light. he’ll have a 50 pt game this year. 

4 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

This means they’re activating him, ultra super green light. he’ll have a 50 pt game this year. 

Lol as if he hasn’t had one of the greenest lights in the league already?

As for 50, with the efficiency he’s displaying it’ll take him about 60 shots to get there. 

He's always been overrated. Two year college player that has never shown himself to be efficient with threes. 

Reke 2.0

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taenggg said:

He's always been overrated. Two year college player that has never shown himself to be efficient with threes. 

Reke 2.0

Agreed. Stat profile is a lot closer to Dion Waiters than the silly DWade comparisons. 

• Like 1

He has a 30% usage and isn't contributing in assists while only putting up 20pts. Pretty trash if you ask me. 

21 minutes ago, taenggg said:

He has a 30% usage and isn't contributing in assists while only putting up 20pts. Pretty trash if you ask me. 

The main thing right now is he wants to be PG but they have Rubio. When Rubio was out Donovan began his run, this year their chemistry isn’t as good and you can see it on the court, they’re fighting for shots and have a semi competition amongst each other. Not many PG/SG work. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

The main thing right now is he wants to be PG but they have Rubio. When Rubio was out Donovan began his run, this year their chemistry isn’t as good and you can see it on the court, they’re fighting for shots and have a semi competition amongst each other. Not many PG/SG work. 

Kinda like Jrich, his efficiency drops when he plays more point, only difference is Jrich handling the ball more is out of necessity due to their injuries.

Is this guy going to get any better? He’s killing me. Passed up Irving, Holiday, and Lowry for this dude on draft day. My team was actually better when he was injured. XD

17 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

It's either Donny jacking up a crappy long distance shot

Rubio dominating the ball and Donnie stands in corner

Ingles P/R with Donnie in corner

His FG and TO are just killing my team right now.  The good thing I suppose is that he's avg 2 threes and 1.8 steals...with a slight uptick he's over 2 threes and 2 steals / game, which is pretty valuable...but man I feel like selling.  Problem is that I have him in dynasty and I feel like he's just going to get better and better (hopefully).  

3 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

His FG and TO are just killing my team right now.  The good thing I suppose is that he's avg 2 threes and 1.8 steals...with a slight uptick he's over 2 threes and 2 steals / game, which is pretty valuable...but man I feel like selling.  Problem is that I have him in dynasty and I feel like he's just going to get better and better (hopefully).  

Dynasty that’s tough, he’s figuring out defenses right now , the main focus every night is to shut down Donovan Mitchell so defensive gameplans revolve around a second year player. That’s tough but he is getting valuable experience with him understanding what works and what doesn’t work. This second year is an adjustment but once he figures out his spots he will he lights out. Season is still young 

• Like 1

He displayed a spectacular show against OKC in the last playoffs which made people think he broke out as a complete player. He may be a player that thrives in a pressured environment. Anyways, he isn’t a complete fantasy player in my opinion. You must punt a category to get a value out of him. Without punt, he should’ve never been drafted before 40.

Edited by gooseball

Slowly starting to remind me of when I owned McCollum last year. Came off an amazing 16-17 campaign and drafted him late in the 2nd round. Always kept saying to myself "he'll get going, he'll get going" and he never really did..

Edited by sharkpotato

On 12/19/2018 at 9:08 PM, taenggg said:

Reke 2.0

Met someone a few months ago that played d1 ball and knew him from AAU.  Told me that the donovan was super overrated and was going to crash back to earth this year.  I didnt agree with him back then but now....

1 hour ago, danman227460 said:

Does he warrant a benching until he corrects himself or do we have to ride with him?

Hes getting 30+ as the go to scorer on a jazz team. His 20+ shots are locked in , he will see diff defenses this season solely focused on him. I would Play him on the matchups , depending. 

did nothing in first half,people who draft him in 2-3th round should kick himself

Edited by kane