Sign in to follow this  
Judicious

Jerami Grant Season Season Outlook 2018-2019

With Melo gone, Roberson injured, and the starting line-up in need of someone to make up for Roberson's defense...is this the season we get the Jerami Grant break-out that many of us have predicted for years? Or will he still be a bit role-player you stream for blocks when necessary?

If he plays 25+ minutes he is worth drafting last rounds of standard league. In deep league he was one of my favourites for last rounds, but this season he can be considered higher.

Edited by apatas

I am interested in drafting Grant this year. What kind of lineups do you think will give him the best opportunity to be more than a streaming blocks option? Can the Thunder consistently play Adams, Grant, and Roberson together? That leaves PG13 as the only reliable shooter in that lineup, because we can rely on Westbrook to launch but not always make 3s. What does Grant offer in terms of upside to draft him over the likes of someone like Kyle Anderson?

1 hour ago, AndreSplash said:

I am interested in drafting Grant this year. What kind of lineups do you think will give him the best opportunity to be more than a streaming blocks option? Can the Thunder consistently play Adams, Grant, and Roberson together? That leaves PG13 as the only reliable shooter in that lineup, because we can rely on Westbrook to launch but not always make 3s. What does Grant offer in terms of upside to draft him over the likes of someone like Kyle Anderson?

Oh dude Kyle Anderson is miles ahead of grant. IMO Anderson is in for a huge year and is a massive sleeper at the grizz. Dimes, %s, stocks (es. Steals) won't hurt anywhere and contribute everywhere. Prefect roto guy with upside too. I'm looking at slo-mo from the 6th round on.

Grant is OK but super limited. More a streamer to me... Maybe a late round flyer?... Maybe

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Oh dude Kyle Anderson is miles ahead of grant. IMO Anderson is in for a huge year and is a massive sleeper at the grizz. Dimes, %s, stocks (es. Steals) won't hurt anywhere and contribute everywhere. Prefect roto guy with upside too. I'm looking at slo-mo from the 6th round on.

Grant is OK but super limited. More a streamer to me... Maybe a late round flyer?... Maybe

Thanks for your input. Maybe I was just going off the "hype" of ESPN's ridiculous projections for Grant. I am definitely higher on Anderson.

(I also wanted to get a comparison question without going to the AC Forum haha).

espn does rank grant pretty high. they are projecting him 1.0 stl and 1.9 blocks lol. i don't know if he's starting however or will be consistent enough to pull that off. If he does than he'll be a pretty nice complementary piece. 

Holding for now but he's next on the chopping block.

The blocks have been consistently good thru 3 games but the shooting as been just as consistently poor.  He's not a good shooter but he should be getting more easy buckets and get closer to the 46 and 53 Fg% he was at least two years as opposed to the mid 20% he's at now.  Right now he's 1 for 10 from 3, which reflects a significant increase in the the share of his attempts as 3s.

I don't see him averaging over 2 bpg for the season so he needs to start knocking down some shots to stay on fantasy rosters/lineups.

• Like 1

Now the starting pf.

box score makes it look like a blow out but a line of 2 3s 22 p with 4 assists and 3 steals does not look bad at all.

his last few games prior look good too now that he’s capable to hit a three.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:17 AM, Jake the snake said:

You are saying? 

2 hours ago, raaaabz said:

You are saying? 

You win some you lose some. I was wrong here! Funny thing is I didn't draft either and now have grant ;)

7 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

You win some you lose some. I was wrong here! Funny thing is I didn't draft either and now have grant ;)

Lets ride him until the wheels come off

Perfect for a punt FT build team in need of stocks. Dropped Favors for him for the 4 game week