Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Hopefully the return of both Dunn and Markannen add some spacing + provide more shot opportunities for him, especially with the attention Lavine is going to be getting nightly 

• Like 1

He and Lauri is a great high low combo.  Even Poortis.  They can all maneuver around the high post and space the floor with shooting or movement.  This guy sets great screens and opens up the floor.  Bulls rebuild was fast.  

No one wants Robin Lopez?  He is just languishing.  

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

He's on a short leash for me.... Love WCJ.. But have other options on the Waiver market 

curious. who are those other options? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

curious. who are those other options? 

Sexton, Brogdon, Bagley... Osman... Not sure which one to scoop. Brogdon has been really nice. But Sexton is almost guaranteed those minutes for the rest of the season. Bagley is a GREAT option as well.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Sexton, Brogdon, Bagley... Osman... Not sure which one to scoop. Brogdon has been really nice. But Sexton is almost guaranteed those minutes for the rest of the season. Bagley is a GREAT option as well.

what?Brogdon,Bagley in FA pool?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, kane said:

what?Brogdon,Bagley in FA pool?

giphy.gif

Yeah, I know. Lol. Trying to capitalize on it. 

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

You will regret dropping him for all those players except Brogdon 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

You will regret dropping him for all those players except Brogdon 

I can see the potential but I own WCJ and Bagley and currently Bagley is a much better play. I'm holding both but don't think it's as clear cut as you say.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, adam_magic said:

I can see the potential but I own WCJ and Bagley and currently Bagley is a much better play. I'm holding both but don't think it's as clear cut as you say.

Wendell ranked 71 on Yahoo for standard 9-cat, and Bagley is 174 

The gap couldn't be more clear cut, not to mention the path to minutes is way tougher for Bagley 

Edited by TheBoondocks

31 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

The gap couldn't be more clear cut, not to mention the path to minutes is way tougher for Bagley 

Your forgetting WCJ started playing more minutes earlier... Bagley was just proclaimed starter 2 weeks ago and has been producing gaudy numbers... I wouldn’t complain owning either but I don’t think the gap is as big as you say it is...

• Like 2

WCJ will be ranked highest end of season. When he goes on a tear again, you will regret dropping him. Always going to be consistency issues with WCJ, he'll figure out playing without fouling and be able to contribute with minutes again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

Your forgetting WCJ started playing more minutes earlier... Bagley was just proclaimed starter 2 weeks ago and has been producing gaudy numbers... I wouldn’t complain owning either but I don’t think the gap is as big as you say it is...

First of all, Bagley is not starting and hasn't started a game yet this year. Second, what's "gaudy" about Bagley's numbers? Over his last 6 games (with 27 mpg average), he's #128 overall in 8-cat. Likely higher in 9-cat or if you're punting FT%, but there's nothing gaudy about what Bagley is doing. WCJ hasn't been better lately due mostly to foul trouble, but I'll take WCJ's fantasy upside this season over Bagley's any day of the week.

• Like 1

WCJ had a 2 week stretch this year where he was ranked #17 overall. Obviously take that number with a grain of salt but it shows how much potential this kid has. He’s been inconsistent and will continue to have stretches of inconsistency, but by years end I expect him to be ranked well inside the top 100. IMO Bagley will be lucky to crack the top 100 by the end of the season. 

Patience is key with WCJ. If you cut him during say a poor 2-week stretch, I’d be willing to bet you’ll end up regretting it.

In roto formats, bench until he strings together some good games. In shallow h2h formats you can hold if you don't need that stream spot to win your matchup. But for me.. in my h2h league Wendell is on the wire. Simply cannot afford to have him when I need these Ws.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

I said currently, not on the season. WCJ was beating at one point but he has been average recently.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 9:32 AM, ejaggit said:

None of those guys will be better than WCJ for the rest of the season

On 11/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, TheBoondocks said:

In the past two weeks, WCJ is 164th, 

Bagley is 127th. 

According to bbm

WCJ has the higher fantasy potential, but he's also struggled with fouls and we have no idea how the impending return of Lauri and Portis will effect his minutes. 

On the other hand, Bagley's path to minutes is through Bjelica. If the Kings fall out of contention, those minutes should be his. 

Edited by tremixt

2 hours ago, tremixt said:

In the past two weeks, WCJ is 164th, 

Bagley is 127th. 

According to bbm

WCJ has the higher fantasy potential, but he's also struggled with fouls and we have no idea how the impending return of Lauri and Portis will effect his minutes. 

On the other hand, Bagley's path to minutes is through Bjelica. If the Kings fall out of contention, those minutes should be his. 

Seems like you know the Kings rotations better than Dave Joerger

2 hours ago, akund said:

None of those guys will be better than WCJ for the rest of the season

I think his only real competition on that list is Bagley. Sacramento is all his in terms of big men.

4 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

I think his only real competition on that list is Bagley. Sacramento is all his in terms of big men.

Bagley just doesn't have the fantasy potential this year that WCJ does (defensive stats, FT%, assists), and I wouldn't really call it "all his" when Bagley isn't even starting. Bagley is still significantly behind WCJ in player rankings this year on similar MPG. I expect WCJ to get better at staying out of foul trouble over the course of the season, but that's really his only downside