Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

We've all seen what WCJ can do. Strong hold. Tanking bulls in fantasy playoffs will be gold.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

We've all seen what WCJ can do. Strong hold. Tanking bulls in fantasy playoffs will be gold.

Shot attempts has gone from 9.3 to 5.6 since Markanaen’s return. Unless Portis is gone or hurt, low value unless need blocks on occasions.

still holding. will wait until 1st week of january. maybe new year will wake him up lol

2 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Shot attempts has gone from 9.3 to 5.6 since Markanaen’s return. Unless Portis is gone or hurt, low value unless need blocks on occasions.

I think that's due to giving the guys that have been laid off for a while some shots. If Boylen is smart he'll be drawing up plays for WCJ later in the season and work on his development.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ROTY said:

I think that's due to giving the guys that have been laid off for a while some shots. If Boylen is smart he'll be drawing up plays for WCJ later in the season and work on his development.  

Boylen is not smart. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If he can't play well in these next few weeks with Portis and Lavine out, I'll be concerned.  Really just hoping the rebounds and blocks can normalize.

so once original black panther oladipo came back from his knee injury, WCJ block panther started losing his powers. coincidence? i think not. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

How many fouls today ? Anyone know ?

5 fouls

Picked this dude with my waiver. This should be fun.

Huge game tonight. He has been inconsistent for sure but so are 99% of all the other rookies to ever play. He has shown he has the ability to be right up there with Ayton and JJJ as one of the best big men not only from this draft class but for the next decade as well. He does so many things well, his game is the most rounded-out of the 3. 

Edited by RedRaider27

3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Huge game tonight. He has been inconsistent for sure but so are 99% of all the other rookies to ever play. He has shown he has the ability to be right up there with Ayton and JJJ as one of the best big men not only from this draft class but for the next decade as well. He does so many things well, his game is the most rounded-out of the 3. 

except JJJ has a much, much higher ceiling than Wendell imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdd10 said:

except JJJ has a much, much higher ceiling than Wendell imo.

Are you thinking stat/fantasy wise? Like fantasy or real life? I'm thinking fantasybecause obviously a fantasy forum.  Real life eye test certainly favors Carter for me so far.  Carter is pretty athletic. Geez both are great. There's absolutely no doubt both are going to great. As far as who will better? Yikes that's a tough one. Good thing they play different positions so we don't have to look too far into it until next year as far as us annuals leagues are concerned. Fantasy wise Carter might become more valuable just because of position scarcity. Either way Carter is awesome 

14 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Are you thinking stat/fantasy wise? Like fantasy or real life? I'm thinking fantasybecause obviously a fantasy forum.  Real life eye test certainly favors Carter for me so far.  Carter is pretty athletic. Geez both are great. There's absolutely no doubt both are going to great. As far as who will better? Yikes that's a tough one. Good thing they play different positions so we don't have to look too far into it until next year as far as us annuals leagues are concerned. Fantasy wise Carter might become more valuable just because of position scarcity. Either way Carter is awesome 

I think both. Yeah, they are both good for sure!

1 hour ago, chickennuggets said:

Guy is killing it right now. Is he back for good? Why is he doing better recently? Sell high or ride the wave?

Portis is out, rook. Fantasy 101- reading the boxscore. Start there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

He got 19 mins with Portis out a few games back. Portis was out for a while in November + December and WCJ still stunk it up. Take your own advice, a**hole. Bobby might be a small contributor but I don't think he's the major factor, especially with WCJ splitting the majority of his mins with RoLo.

8 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

He got 19 mins with Portis out a few games back. Portis was out for a while in November + December and WCJ still stunk it up. Take your own advice, a**hole. Bobby might be a small contributor but I don't think he's the major factor, especially with WCJ splitting the majority of his mins with RoLo.

It looks like he is making an honest effort to stay out of foul trouble. He will produce as long as he is on the court.

8 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

2 hours ago, chickennuggets said:

Portis has a very minuscule effect on WCJ’s number. He mainly plays PF , where Wendells minutes are primarily at C.  If anything I agree , it’s Lopez who takes away opportunity for now. Hopefully he gets shutdown sooner rather then later. Chicago should fully embrace the youth movement , of that I have no doubt. To be honest his biggest detriment to playing time is foul trouble, something hes acknowledged himself and trying to improve on. I’m really fond of this kid, he has tremendous talent, & his ceiling is sky high. 

• Like 2