Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

24 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

The “hell stretch” for him is over for now. It really wasn’t the most ideal first 3 bigs to go up against but gets the Hornets next which should be better. He still looks virtually unchallenged by RoLo at the 5 spot so he still looks like a solid hold even when Lauri comes back.

Maybe it was...
He is playing with the big boys now so no point in going in slow. This baptism of fire may be just what he needed and I'm sure he has already learned a lot. I'm super encouraged by his mins in this one and if Zach Lavine ever learns to pass the ball...you never know he may have a really nice season. If anything Lauri returning will help WCJ as he is perfect floor running, defensive, intelligent (dare I say a little floor spacing?!...maybe) to support Lauri's game. Seems a perfect fit alongside a starting unit of Dunn, Lavine, Holiday, and Lauri

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Maybe it was...
He is playing with the big boys now so no point in going in slow. This baptism of fire may be just what he needed and I'm sure he has already learned a lot. I'm super encouraged by his mins in this one and if Zach Lavine ever learns to pass the ball...you never know he may have a really nice season. If anything Lauri returning will help WCJ as he is perfect floor running, defensive, intelligent (dare I say a little floor spacing?!...maybe) to support Lauri's game. Seems a perfect fit alongside a starting unit of Dunn, Lavine, Holiday, and Lauri

I get what you’re saying. In the long run, it’ll prolly benefit him the best. But remember when Beverley “introduced” the NBA world to Ball last year? That was rough for Ball and people were calling him a bust.

23 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

I like to see him crash the boards and pass. His defense and IQ will keep him on the court.

If not for a few questionable fouls he'd have 6 or 7 blocks through 3 games instead of 4. And even that 4 is a nice number given his mpg. That's what stands out to me most fantasy wise. I didn't think he could be a 1.5-1.8 bpg guy his rookie year, but if he is that's a massive boost. s---, only two players even averaged 2+ last season (AD and Gobert). 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 6:27 PM, Bugs bunny said:

You have plenty of luck after that heist but here's some more anyway. Good luck.

Really? Kent going off for 27+ 7+ And wcj still not doing much :(

I think this year will be a development year for WCJ. Offense is not there. For teams that need more impact for the first half of the season...drooooop.

If his shot was falling youd all be gagging over his start to the season. Chill tf out and watch him work it out and reward you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Worth using #1 waiver position on WCJ? His rebound numbers don't look great

how deep is your league? maybe yes if it is a deep one. Watching this guy play, he is not aggressive at all. he might be better to just come of the bench than just start outright. He is playing not to make mistakes rather than being aggressive.

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

Worth using #1 waiver position on WCJ? His rebound numbers don't look great

Maybe, maybe not. Rookies are a huge gamble. Remember Donovan Mitchell looking like a** to start the year? That ended up working out fine. Sometimes things take a while to click. WCJ definitely hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NBA game, but you have to figure that will change in time. Plus he's going to get all the minutes he can handle, so unless he's a total dumpster fire he should be good for some solid counting stats. 

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

how deep is your league? maybe yes if it is a deep one. Watching this guy play, he is not aggressive at all. he might be better to just come of the bench than just start outright. He is playing not to make mistakes rather than being aggressive.

14*12 so about 168 deep

I am just hesitant to burn number 1 when I am not sure the offense or rebounding will be there

36 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

14*12 so about 168 deep

I am just hesitant to burn number 1 when I am not sure the offense or rebounding will be there

seems like a deep league, I think hard to get a higher upside guy in the waiver wire

Portis is down for a month...Dunn already injured. He simply has to get a little more involved here. Unless Lavine takes all the shots...actually reconsider my previous statement lol

34 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Portis is down for a month...Dunn already injured. He simply has to get a little more involved here. Unless Lavine takes all the shots...actually reconsider my previous statement lol

Lol that's my question this guy needs more shots

He’s not gonna be elite until he puts on more weight but I think he will be more serviceable when Lauri comes back. Then the Bulls can run the style of offense they want. Portis and Jabari will eventually become unownable unless your in very deep leagues.

3 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Aahhahh so true !

LaVine is such a usage% monster. BUT playing great at the moment

23 hours ago, ROTY said:

If his shot was falling youd all be gagging over his start to the season. Chill tf out and watch him work it out and reward you.

^ this is absolutely right - if he made just 2 of the shots he missed in each of the last 2 games (and 2 free throws last game) - Nobody would be complaining about these lines from a rookie C:

- 12 points (4/7 - 4/6), 7 boards, 2 assists and 2 blocks

- 8 points (4/7) 9 boards, 4 assists and a block

He fixed his rebounding issues in 2 games (or got his first taste of drummond and embiid), gets called for welcome-to-the-league fouls and even closed yesterdays game; He didn’t get pulled even though he missed 2 free throws in crunch time - they love this kid and want him to succeed.

What I dont like about his outlook is he’s the fifth option, so his usage (points-wise) is capped. This also sucks because if he’s having an off game, he can’t easily get more shots up to fix it, but it is what it is.

If he settles in offensively, he can easily be a 10 ppg (47% fg, 70% ft), 7.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 bpg guy - which can only suck if you reached in the mid rounds.(which I think nobody did)

• Like 1

Hoiberg what the f--- you doing boy. WCJ played just 18 minutes last night. At least he hit a three and blocked three shots. But damn, with the injuries and the Bulls destined to be a bottom 5 team, why is Felicio getting big minutes over your center of the future? It's not like he was overmatched out there. He had three fouls but so what. Let him play while in foul trouble. Every big has to learn how to do it at some point.

as soon as he starts producing. he's gets benched
Is he injured or just benched? 

Edited by bhkim814

Plays well, Felicio gets all the 4th quarter minutes again. Could have had a monster statline tonight. Seriously Hoiberg wtf. 

Edited by sleepysock