Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Glad that some impatient owner waived him earlier! Forget the foul trouble, the kid is a beast! With Markkanen back, he will shine even more.

tenor.gif?itemid=5178207

• Like 5

Often compared to Al Horford but he’s already better than Horford fantasy wise a rookie, now if only he could avoid foul trouble every other game

agreed he would've put up some monster stats if he played 2 OT. anyways, I'm now excited to watch Bulls games and check box scores everytime he plays. 

• Like 2

I saw Rolo was playing yesterday and was like...oh no WCJ is hurt...then found out he fouled out in 22 minutes.

His game is so advanced. Already looking like he should’ve been a top 2 pick. Bagley doesn’t offer his upside offensively or defensively. 

• Like 4

in my 14 team auction league, I got him for $5 and a steal compare to rest of the class because his numbers weren't jumping out in pre season.  He definitely settled in after facing Drummond and Deandre Jordan first 2 games.  His coming out was against Denver, that drive and reverse finish on Plumlee show me he's going to be special.

Ayton went for $28, pre-season #s

Bagley went for $10, hype

Doncic went for $13 to me, I like rookies

Jackson Jr went for $8, blks sell

Trae went for $3, great deal

Bamba for $9, blks sell

Sexton for $7, hype

Knox for $5, good pre-season

he had a pretty good summer league if that's any indication of his skill set. he just had to put it together for real game speed. i'm glad i'm on this train vs. outside looking in salty af. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonathanc5 said:

in my 14 team auction league, I got him for $5 and a steal compare to rest of the class because his numbers weren't jumping out in pre season.  He definitely settled in after facing Drummond and Deandre Jordan first 2 games.  His coming out was against Denver, that drive and reverse finish on Plumlee show me he's going to be special.

Ayton went for $28, pre-season #s

Bagley went for $10, hype

Doncic went for $13 to me, I like rookies

Jackson Jr went for $8, blks sell

Trae went for $3, great deal

Bamba for $9, blks sell

Sexton for $7, hype

Knox for $5, good pre-season

sorry but sexton should be waived and kicked out of the nba. vets are right, he doesn't know how to play. what an a--

(sorry just need to let it out cause i see his name again lol)

2 hours ago, buckets88 said:

Dare I say WCJ>Ayton?

Not even that bold of a statement considering WCJ's overall game will probably greatly impact a team's win shares more vs. Ayton's game. Scores, defend & facilitate. 

On 11/6/2018 at 2:45 AM, Jake the snake said:

So he just put up a juicy 11/13 double-double with extras and you guys are complaining about fouls?

Man, expectations certainly went up a little in this forum recently...

You are right. Ambition is the enemy of success. 

7 hours ago, wclord said:

with Markkanen coming back, will it hurt WCJ's min and boards?

No and probably not. Lauri led the team in reb last year but only 7-ish per game -- he's no beast on the glass. More likely: having WCJ will free Markkanen up to run the floor a bit, spot up some early 3s.

This is a guess.

• Like 3

I own him and JJJ, drafted him 8th and JJJ in 9th. Very happy with the early returns. I lost out on the big name bigs, WCJ and JJJ wooo!

• Like 1

Starting to rebound very well and turn in double-doubles like it's lunch. So solid in so many areas of the game. A joy to watch if you're into complete, do-it-all players. Not the most exciting, but you know they get it done every night. Carter will be a joy to own for many, many years.

• Like 2

Looking like Towns and AD in their rookie year. Will probably finish the same way too, solid. His floor will only get higher once Markannen comes back IMO.

• Like 3

On 2018-09-09 at 3:29 PM, PuzzBeterson2 said:

# 7 – Wendell Carter – Absolute fan of this guy’s potential. While everybody was talking about Ayton and Bagley, I believe Carter will be the best big coming from this draft. Very smart player, good size and underrated skills. Can pass the ball a bit, too, and his defense makes him a great combo with Markannen. I think he will be going in the second round in drafts as soon as next season.

Predicted stats: 28 MPG, 12.0 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.8 BLK, 0.7 STL, 0.5 3PT, 2.1 TO, 0.48 FG%, 0.70 FT%.
Predicted ranking: 50-75 (Yahoo Pre Season: 118)

https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/2018/08/17/rookies-fantasy-2018-2019-pt-4-top-ten/

On 2018-09-13 at 8:05 AM, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Ive done my research on rookies, and generally I avoid them. Most of them end up outside the top 100.

Wendell Carter is one of the few exceptions.

Shout out to my man @PuzzBeterson2 he called this and he's the reason I have wendell! Trust this guy. He knows his $hit! 

• Like 7