Sign in to follow this  
jazzbear

Trading Antonio Brown

Yeah we need a little more context.  Are you fairly solid at WR behind Brown?  Are you really thin at RB?  CMac should be a great PPR back, but not at  the expense of completely crippling your WRs if that is the case.

I think I'm thinner on RB. Behind AB I have G Tate and Hogan (Sanders/Edelman bench). And I have Dalvin and Lamar Miller at RB (C Carson on bench).

I would stay put. In 10man, I think best by position is better than depth since there's still so many gems in the wire. It's AB + best WW WR vs CMC Cooks. 

I would stay put. Maybe it is just a lazy comparison but I can't see Cooks doing significantly better than Watkins in a similar role in the same offense. No matter how much they paid him they aren't going to be able to just create targets out of thin air and Cooks isn't a guy that needs heavy targets to impact a game. It was a strange yet understandable move. They gave up a 2nd and a CB for Watkins but got a 3rd round compensatory pick for him leaving in FA. Their  possible replacements were limited but Cooks at 24 would be a bigger impact right away than any 1st rounder even if he complicates the salary situation a lot (ironically he got as much annually as Watkins). 

I think CMC hype is getting a bit out of control as his passing role is likely to be scaled back a bit as more of his touches become carries (which from a fantasy perspective in PPR is a decent downgrade) as well as naturally with a healthy Olsen and adding the promising rookie WR DJ Moore. AB is still the stud WR he has been for past few years. He has been so good so consistently that it is starting to get boring but that type of consistency and upside from the WR position is money especially in 10 team leagues where the ww depth/talent is relatively strong so it is more valuable to own the top tier elite guys.  

• Thanks 1

I think I'd hold off.  I traded Cooks away for a draft pick this offseason, and to be honest I don't feel bad about it.

Return the favor?