• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
rob0403

Marqueese Chriss 2018-2018 Season Outlook

In his rookie year, we were impressed by his upside. In his second year, we got killed by his downside. Now that he is in Houston, what do you guys think?

I am looking at the roster and there aren't too many great bigmen outside of Capela (there are Nene and maybe Melo as a PF, Tucker as PF in small ball) and I am thinking he could crack the roster for at least 20 mins a game. Also thinking that the horrible season in the Suns was due to dysfunction in the culture there last year. Houston will be a win first teams with more veterans to keep him in check. Plus there were some reports about him working out before the trade to get ready for this year. I like him as a sleeper right now and he is the only other rim protector on the team.

What do you guys think?

I’ll wait on others to bite. Undisciplined players on losing teams are terrible on winning teams. Most of the time. 

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me three times? impossible

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why mess with sucess. If he even gets 15 minutes per game that his ceiling. Melo & Tucker take the bulk of the 4 minutes. Capela and NeNe get the 5. Silly play will get you benched with D'antoni.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

:unsure:

...and there will be peace on Earth, rabbis will embrace imams, clean water for all, no more hunger, and all the other things that would be nice but have almost 0% chance of happening. Chriss sucks and I really hope I’m wrong Bc I liked his potential a lot his rookie year (although based off only highlights really since I never watched Suns in NBALP) but having actually watched him play games last year since I owned Warren & Len in my deep league I would be shocked if he can ever develop the awareness and control to be a productive player (or rather relevant to fantasy ball, I could see a JaVale in GS role eventually with less efficiency).

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mad Luke said:

:unsure:

Well, there's always hope.  I mean just get rebounds, don't commit silly fouls, don't shoot the ball unless it's a dunk or layup (or wide wide open 3).  Seems simple.  He'll likely find a way to screw it up.  But I'm optimistic that people always have the ability to grow and improve.   Change of scenery and environmental factors can be a huge trigger.  Worth your last pick in redraft / stash in dynasty leagues, but don't expect much. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's honestly not a bad opportunity for him, the Rockets don't exactly have a ton of depth at the 4. Probably the best situation he could have been traded to since there is a clear path for growth should he want it. 

• Thanks 1

Rockets seem to know how to get players involved offensively... You know, D'Antoni...:-) If there's ever a time for Chriss to grow - it's now. That being said - I'm not touching him in my drafts because of the depth chart. But will have a look at him later on.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 10:59 AM, kane said:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me three times? impossible

Fool me 3 times, **** the peace sign, load the chopper, let it rain you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/4/2018 at 7:49 AM, fabrar said:

Fool me 3 times, **** the peace sign, load the chopper, let it rain you 

Exactly, the Rockets I think view him as their MegaMillions ticket either he will work out and change their life or they’ll toss him in the trash at the end of the year. With Qi looking like he has made some strides and Hartenstein joining the team (and the already establish depth ahead of all them) Chriss isn’t in as good of a situation as people think imo.

4 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

You can't fix stupid he doesnr have a shot 

Respect - you said what I was trying to in the least amount of words possible, not much more to add...

I may get him from waivers but definitely won't draft him. Even if he's in the Rockets, there's no guarantee that he'll have an upside. PJ Tucker and Melohoodie is still in that team.

Sadly, I wont be taking the Chriss ride this year. 

If he breaks out and becomes the 1/1/1 threat, I will shave my head and post a pic here.

• Haha 1

Not much competition at PF/C.  Capela who won't play more than 30 min/ game and maybe Anthony as a stretch 4.  Maybe Nene grabs 10-15 min and PJ Tucker plays stretch 4 but this looks pretty well set up for Chriss w Dantoni as coach.

9 hours ago, stinkroach said:

Not much competition at PF/C.  Capela who won't play more than 30 min/ game and maybe Anthony as a stretch 4.  Maybe Nene grabs 10-15 min and PJ Tucker plays stretch 4 but this looks pretty well set up for Chriss w Dantoni as coach.

You just contradicted yourself in the same post lol.

15 hours ago, stinkroach said:

9 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

You just contradicted yourself in the same post lol.

add up the numbers.  didnt say he was gonna play 40 min.  btw those 4 ppl and 2 positions theres playing time.  

We ready for the biggest headache of 2019?

• Haha 1

Just added him.   And my head already hurts from counting all the goodies he will produce....    one might hope.

Worth speculative add  me thinks...

wait, wouldnt Nene be the priority here?
Chriss should be the backup to Nene?
No? 

3 minutes ago, heero78 said:

wait, wouldnt Nene be the priority here?
Chriss should be the backup to Nene?
No? 

went with the upside of Chriss over Nene myself....just took a quick glance at Nene's #s when he gets around 18 mins this season and it's just...bleh. don't want any other team to have Chriss if he produces with extra mins. (just using my streamer spot anyway so no risk move IMO)