Sign in to follow this  
lehighterp

Keep Andujar, Torres, or Soto? Pick 2

Andujar is in for sure.  I would tend to agree with your assessment.  Soto has fallen off after his hot start, and a good 2B with SS flexibility is a great asset and hard to find.  Not a great season for Torres, but solid and promising for a great career. 

cutting Soto is the worst choice by far

• Like 4

The early responses are crazy talk to me.  Torres and Soto and it ain't close.  

• Like 1

I like Soto the most out of the 3, but he also plays OF which is an easier position to fill. Plus I don't know what the effect would be if/when Harper leaves. Torres I think has to most potential going forward, plus if he keeps 2B/SS eligibility that definitely has value. Right now I think Andujar would be the odd man out, but he's really performed well since locking up that 3B position, which is also a tougher position to fill than OF.

Anyway, my advice would be just to wait until the offseason and see what rankings each player gets going into next year's draft and go from there.

36 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I like Soto the most out of the 3, but he also plays OF which is an easier position to fill. Plus I don't know what the effect would be if/when Harper leaves. Torres I think has to most potential going forward, plus if he keeps 2B/SS eligibility that definitely has value. Right now I think Andujar would be the odd man out, but he's really performed well since locking up that 3B position, which is also a tougher position to fill than OF.

Anyway, my advice would be just to wait until the offseason and see what rankings each player gets going into next year's draft and go from there.

Thank you very much for all your responses! I am a Yankees fan so I like the idea of keeping both Andujar and Torres, however, I realize Soto might be the best of the bunch! ;)

21 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

cutting Soto is the worst choice by far

No kidding.  Its Soto and Torres for me and its not even close.   What Soto is doing as a 19 year old is historical.  Why would you cut a guy like that?

Soto = .301 avg, .416 obp, .520 slg%, .936 OPS, 63/76 BB/K

Andujar = .297 vg, .329 obp, .526 slg%, .855 OPS, 21/87 BB/K

Soto = 319 AB's 16 home runs, Andujar = 481 AB's 23 home runs

Soto and Torres have the top prospect pedigree, those are the 2 two keep.  And its not even close

Edited by TheTruth024

There is no reason to cut any of them.  You have to have a weaker keeper in this league as I can  not imagine you weakest options are these 3 guys unless you are loaded top to bottom.  In the worst case, you can trade one of them for an upgrade.  Soto is the likely NL ROY.  Andujar is the front runner for AL ROY, with Torres second.  All are likely to go top 60 next year, if not higher imo and all are so young that in a keeper their value sky-rockets even higher.

Soto is by far the best of those three. (Not that having any of these 3 are bad options however). I think I'd lean toward keeping Torres as well but if you cut Soto, you're making a mistake. His so called "slump" 

Soto is the best. I'd also lean towards Torres. Tough luck loss on Andujar. 

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:36 AM, secretagentman said:

There is no reason to cut any of them.  You have to have a weaker keeper in this league as I can  not imagine you weakest options are these 3 guys unless you are loaded top to bottom.  In the worst case, you can trade one of them for an upgrade.  Soto is the likely NL ROY.  Andujar is the front runner for AL ROY, with Torres second.  All are likely to go top 60 next year, if not higher imo and all are so young that in a keeper their value sky-rockets even higher.

Completely agree.  There has to be someone different that you can let go of.  Post the rest of your lineup and the specifics of your keeper system.

Does Manny stay with LAD or does NYY have a legit chance for him? If so, that may move Andujar to the bench. 

If worried, I would keep Soto & Torres. But if you think Andujar is safe, then no issues with keeping both NYY. Mainly because OF is usually an easier place to pick up solid players. In all honesty, I don't think you can go wrong with Torres & whoever you go with. Both Andujar & Soto have great futures ahead! Good luck!

11 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

Does Manny stay with LAD or does NYY have a legit chance for him? If so, that may move Andujar to the bench. 

If worried, I would keep Soto & Torres. But if you think Andujar is safe, then no issues with keeping both NYY. Mainly because OF is usually an easier place to pick up solid players. In all honesty, I don't think you can go wrong with Torres & whoever you go with. Both Andujar & Soto have great futures ahead! Good luck!

Even if they sign Machado, Andujar would slide over to DH.  It is unlikely Gardner is going to be back taking ABs away as Stanton would likely ends up going to LF permanently.  All this assumes that 1b will be occupied by Bird or Voit (more likely Voit at this point) as if they both flop, then 1b would be another potential landing spot.  Andujar is not going to end up being a bench player irregardless.

Edited by secretagentman
  • Like 1