B&F

September Closer Thread 2018

I have Doolittle stashed in two big money leagues..I think he will be ready to go by this weekend  and I think he will be closing by mid-week...top 5 closer ROS

• Like 1

Is it still Will Smith's job in SF? The situation has seemed a bit murky to me for more than a week. My guess is it's still Smith. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Melancon get the next chance. Or even Strickland.

13 minutes ago, David Aames said:

another? has he been getting them recently?

His 4th. Got one back on 8/29 too. Definitely part of the Kapler Committee. 

14 minutes ago, David Aames said:

another? has he been getting them recently?

He's gotten their last two.

So technically Hicks didn’t blow a save, but he gave up a 2 Run jack in the 9th of a tie game to lose.   Who do us save chasers think gets the next save opp for StL — CMart or Norris (or Hicks)?  And who’s best bet for saves ROS?

Edited by swingbatter

36 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Wanna drop neris for him but just can’t pull the trigger yet..lol

I could do the same, so I understand.  Neris has been great since his return, but he doesn't get to ride on Kapler's Bullpen Short Bus for whatever reason.  Saves without horrible stats along with them aren't that easy to come by, so I'll probably be making the switch tomorrow, even if they hardly win any games anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Peralta keeps sucking. How long can he keep closing playing like this?

Until the end of the season.  Can't make the switch to a good pitcher and tank the season at the same time.

Wait, my bad.  They don't have a good pitcher to switch to.  Carry on, Mr. Peralta...

Edited by KilloWertz

4 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Is it still Will Smith's job in SF? The situation has seemed a bit murky to me for more than a week. My guess is it's still Smith. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Melancon get the next chance. Or even Strickland.

totally Smith's, just been no save ops.  Nothing murky at all.

Why no talk about 'Zona?    Weird situation their.   Box hasn't pitched a full inning in weeks.  Several save ops too

Bradley is poop...yada yada yada

Edited by Ratso1022

If anyone wants to be ahead of the game picking up Jimmie Sherfy would be a good idea.

• Like 1

Box and Chafin warming for the Dbacks 9th, looks like Chafin will pitch to at least the first batter 

14 hours ago, swingbatter said:

So technically Hicks didn’t blow a save, but he gave up a 2 Run jack in the 9th of a tie game to lose.   Who do us save chasers think gets the next save opp for StL — CMart or Norris (or Hicks)?  And who’s best bet for saves ROS?

Norris.

Any additional thoughts on the Angles closer situation?  I thought Parker had a decent grasp on the job.

4 minutes ago, burty1 said:

Any additional thoughts on the Angles closer situation?  I thought Parker had a decent grasp on the job.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, burty1 said:

who knows?    I'm lost also

13 hours ago, B&F said:

If anyone wants to be ahead of the game picking up Jimmie Sherfy would be a good idea.

I admit. Ive never heard of him,but checked out his stats just now. That k/9 is unreal. Any word on what his role will be?  Thanks for the tip.