B&F

September Closer Thread 2018

5 minutes ago, David Aames said:

so is norris out of it now?

Todd Worrell coming out of retirment.

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

I want to throw jace fry off a cliff

Not before punching him in the nuts and the face...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

So is Betances now the guy to own?

I think it is mix and match based on who is available on any given night between him and Robertson.  Neither inspires a great deal of confidence right now imo as both have been just OK lately.  Betances loaded the bases before getting out of it tonight.

Romo...Anyone know what the deal is officially with this guy?...pitched once in the past 2 weeks.  Thinking of dropping him in one league since I just got Doolittle back.

9 hours ago, street sharks said:

I want to throw jace fry off a cliff

Drop him and he'll get 3 saves in 3 days. Add him and he'll give up 4 runs before recording a strike. You just have to say his name 3 times while looking in the mirror.

11 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

So is Betances now the guy to own?

I think it is mix and match based on who is available on any given night between him and Robertson.  Neither inspires a great deal of confidence right now imo as both have been just OK lately.  Betances loaded the bases before getting out of it tonight.

Robertson hasn't given up in run in August or September with 23 ks in 14.2 innings.  Your confidence aside, and how the Yankees decide to use them, Robertson has been anything but just "OK" since the All-Star break.  That being said, since the calendar has flipped to September, Bentances has gotten all the saves and been deployed in situations usually reserved for closer.  As of their most recent post, Closermonkey still has as a committee, but has flipped Betances back to the "lead" in the pen for saves.

Edited by Dirk's Digglers
  • Thanks 1

Hmm.. is C-Mart a must add for save needy people now? Seems like it's his job for the end of the season?

4 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

What's up with Seranthony? It's playoff roster crunch time and I ain't got room for non-save havin' losers! 

Wondering the same thing as well. He's been dead weight but I've been clinging on in a couple of save-whore leagues. Tommy Hunter has gotten the past couple opp for Kapler. Neshek and hell maybe Neris gets a shot - I wouldn't rule that out completely either. Philly is kind of tricky right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tywalson said:

Do we think he closes when he’s back?

I'd say yes, may not be immediately but soon.

Knebel looking good lately 

Edited by beauso79

Stick a fork in Boxberger , he's been a tire fire for some time now, Is it Bradley or Hirano time?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Stick a fork in Boxberger , he's been a tire fire for some time now, Is it Bradley or Hirano time?

Yeah Bradley hasn't necessarily been on point lately either so you would think they could lean towards Hirano.   Interesting situation with ARI and MIL right now though, who do you think is a better bet to have the most save opportunities moving forward between Knebel and Hirano?

3 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Yeah Bradley hasn't necessarily been on point lately either so you would think they could lean towards Hirano.   Interesting situation with ARI and MIL right now though, who do you think is a better bet to have the most save opportunities moving forward between Knebel and Hirano?

Think Knebel may have gotten the opp today because Jeffress had pitched 2 games straight. Still think Jeffress is the guy but Knebel has certainly pitched better lately. I'd think Hirano might be worth a shot he's been spotless lately and the Burger is clearly cooked at this point. Dbacks need to make a change fast they are fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Agree with above. Jeffress has been used a lot this week and for more than three outs. Knebel’s recent showings are encouraging, but Jeffress has the confidence of the manager. Jeffress is the MIL closer to own for the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zig Zag said:

Hirano

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tywalson said:

Do we think he closes when he’s back?

Unless minted figures things out again quick I’m of the opinion now this is getting more likely. 

Minter has looked awful lately

scratch that...  every single arm in the Braves bullpen has looked awful lately.