Sign in to follow this  
SuperJoint

Dan Bailey 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

* get it out of the way right now - apologize for starting a thread about a kicker.

 

Never thought he would be cut and was happy to get him in the last rd of a Keeper league. This is extremely annoying to say the least.

 

I'm going to hold for now and hope he can actually improve his situation. Ideal scenario imo is the Chargers snag him. I have to believe he will be playing Sunday for someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he gets picked up somewhere.  Guy is only 30 and had one bad year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same boat. Liked him this year. Definitely a hold until he lands somewhere. I'll be shocked if he sits the year out without a team.

Edited by MaXLacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little bit of a surprise but Cowboys could save like $3Million with the move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, parrothead said:

Little bit of a surprise but Cowboys could save like $3Million with the move

I also read it’s 10M over the next 3 years, but not 100% sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to the Jets would be a serious downgrade imo - I hope this doesn't pan out:

 

Free agent K Dan Bailey will work out for the Jets on Monday.

The Jets were planning to move ahead with Jason Myers as their kicker, but that was before Bailey became available. Bailey is coming off a down year in Dallas but has converted 88.2 percent of his career field goal attempts, good for the second-best success rate in NFL history. Even if the Jets pass on him, Bailey shouldn't be on the market for long.
Related: Jets
 
Sep 2 - 8:02 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a diehard Cowboys fan, I will miss the guy.  Never can tell with kickers, he was amazing until last season.

 

Hope he signs with an AFC team and does great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Going to the Jets would be a serious downgrade imo - I hope this doesn't pan out:

 

Free agent K Dan Bailey will work out for the Jets on Monday.

The Jets were planning to move ahead with Jason Myers as their kicker, but that was before Bailey became available. Bailey is coming off a down year in Dallas but has converted 88.2 percent of his career field goal attempts, good for the second-best success rate in NFL history. Even if the Jets pass on him, Bailey shouldn't be on the market for long.
Related: Jets
 
Sep 2 - 8:02 PM

 

I think the Jets will find themselves to be in fg position more often than not. Can definitely see a lot of drives stalling out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

 

I think the Jets will find themselves to be in fg position more often than not. Can definitely see a lot of drives stalling out.

 

So many games in the Meadowlands where K's are unusable because of weather in Nov-Dec. Not my cup of tea. Bailey made his name kicking in climate-controlled environments for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

 

So many games in the Meadowlands where K's are unusable because of weather in Nov-Dec. Not my cup of tea. Bailey made his name kicking in climate-controlled environments for the most part.

 

He's consistently played away at the Giants, Eagles and Washington stadiums during the winter months and I don't think he's had any real problems kicking in those conditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe to say this ship has sailed. I read local NY articles saying his signing was a formality barring a bad workout. That was Monday.

 

Dude is not physically able to play is what the big mystery apparently was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the problem with just picking up another kicker off the wire? I mean tons of people don't even draft kicker and wait until the last second to grab one on game day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cs3 said:

What's the problem with just picking up another kicker off the wire? I mean tons of people don't even draft kicker and wait until the last second to grab one on game day.

 

Dynasty. Otherwise you're obviously correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I assume he turned down Cleveland, cause he wants a ring, but 4? You are a kicker dude ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if Legatron is put on IR and he lands with the Rams I think it'll warrant a 25% FAAB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

if Legatron is put on IR and he lands with the Rams I think it'll warrant a 25% FAAB 

Rams just signed Ficken. 

 

Is Bailey still good and where does he end up? Is it Minnesota at this point? I don't see them letting their rookie go. 

 

What's a realistic destination at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great move by the Vikings.  Bailey will be fantastic for fantasy purposes, too.  Marriage made in heaven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this