Sign in to follow this  
Sternes

Terrible Trade Offers 2018

Recommended Posts

I'm getting slammed with them lately.  Went crazy WR heavy in a PPR league, and a lot of people's sleepers I scooped up and I think broke the league.

 

I've gotten these so far, bold are my players:

 

AJ Green for Jamaal Williams

Josh Gordon for Blount

Josh Gordon for Crowell

AJ Green and Gronk for Tyrell Williams, Burkhead, Mack

Goodwin and Gordon for Sony Michel and Lamar Miller

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My OBJ for marquis goodwin and Tyler Lockett (gm actually two wr1s for 1! In his trade notes)

 

My Devonta Freeman and Greg Olsen for Alfred Morris Matt breida and  njoku (This one came through yesterday)

 

My Devonta freeman for Carlos Hyde str8 up (after preseason week 2)

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

that last one isn't all that bad depending on team rosters

 

Disagree with "not bad".  Michel is buried in NE coming off a minor surgery.  Goodwin is at least a #1 in SF no matter how you rate him him.  As for the other two, I think most would take Gordon over Miller easily.  Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

Disagree with "not bad".  Michel is buried in NE coming off a minor surgery.  Goodwin is at least a #1 in SF no matter how you rate him him.  As for the other two, I think most would take Gordon over Miller easily.  Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

 

Probably not a trade I would have taken, but depending on your viewpoint regarding Michel being "buried" vis-a-vis Gordon's mental health and substance abuse issues, I don't really see the "outrage" that warrants creating a thread over it.  Player values are subjective....will Gordon fall off the wagon tomorrow and his career be over next week?  If you are only looking to get offended by every trade offer you get,  you probably won't be making too many deals.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PPR, .333 Points Per Carry League

 

I was offered Ronald Jones, Alshon, and Baldwin for David Johnson 2 weeks ago

Edited by P@ckersFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

Disagree with "not bad".  Michel is buried in NE coming off a minor surgery.  Goodwin is at least a #1 in SF no matter how you rate him him.  As for the other two, I think most would take Gordon over Miller easily.  Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

 

It all depends on how you value Miller going into this season. I'm already stacked at RB so I would never consider this (as someone who does roster both Gordon and Goodwin), but if you're hurting at RB (McKinnon owner) and stacked at WR, this trade isn't all that outrageous imo. Goodwin, while his team WR1, isn't without his own risk with concussion history and somewhat unknown offense in general. Gordon, who is doing all the right things, is one slip up from a Martavis Bryant situation. If you feel like Miller could churn out RB2/3 numbers and have the WR depth I see this is a fair [enough] exchange. Michel is just a pot sweetener.

 

Gordon (4/5) + Goodwin (5/6) for Miller (3/4) + Michel (7/8)

 

ehhh could be worse

 

9 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

 

pretty much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

 

Probably not a trade I would have taken, but depending on your viewpoint regarding Michel being "buried" vis-a-vis Gordon's mental health and substance abuse issues, I don't really see the "outrage" that warrants creating a thread over it.  Player values are subjective....will Gordon fall off the wagon tomorrow and his career be over next week?  If you are only looking to get offended by every trade offer you get,  you probably won't be making too many deals.  

 

Pretty sure this thread exists every year. 

 

Let me know which of those trades you would have done.  Especially the 1st one. 

 

You would take Michel for Gordon right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lolcopter said:

 

It all depends on how you value Miller going into this season. I'm already stacked at RB so I would never consider this (as someone who does roster both Gordon and Goodwin), but if you're hurting at RB (McKinnon owner) and stacked at WR, this trade isn't all that outrageous imo. Goodwin, while his team WR1, isn't without his own risk with concussion history and somewhat unknown offense in general. Gordon, who is doing all the right things, is one slip up from a Martavis Bryant situation. If you feel like Miller could churn out RB2/3 numbers and have the WR depth I see this is a fair [enough] exchange. Michel is just a pot sweetener.

 

Gordon (4/5) + Goodwin (5/6) for Miller (3/4) + Michel (7/8)

 

ehhh could be worse

 

 

pretty much

 

 

Ewwww!  :P   Are those the ADP?  In my leagues Miller went after both Gordon and Goodwin and Michel went around the 10th.

 

You say it isn't all bad, but would you actually pull the trigger on it? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

PPR, .333 Points Per Carry League

 

I was offeres Ronald Jones, Alshon, and Baldwin for David Johnson 2 weeks ago

 

That is just an odd package lol.  2 injured WR and a rookie RB who did nothing.   I'd definitely pass on that!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Henry + Golladay for Kenyan Drake in a Keeper is Terrible / Votoeable. 

My league mates are BS.

Edited by ponza88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sternes said:

 

 

Ewwww!  :P   Are those the ADP?  In my leagues Miller went after both Gordon and Goodwin and Michel went around the 10th.

 

You say it isn't all bad, but would you actually pull the trigger on it? :huh:

 

lol no because Gordon/Goodwin is 2/3 of my entire WR group ;) (/csb sorry)

 

if I owned McKinnon or someone with questions marks like Bell and rostered more WRs I'd at least think on it. if my league ran a veto system I wouldn't vote against it at all. pretty much every single player carries their own fair amount of risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Apparently Henry + Golladay for Kenyan Drake in a Keeper is Terrible / Votoeable. 

My league mates are BS.

 

yeah that is fine. veto systems are so dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Apparently Henry + Golladay for Kenyan Drake in a Keeper is Terrible / Votoeable. 

My league mates are BS.

 

Not vetoable.  Certainly a meh to bad one.  Not sure of the value of Golladay there.  I'd want at least a high upside WR like Anderson from NYJ thrown in.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

Disagree with "not bad".  Michel is buried in NE coming off a minor surgery.  Goodwin is at least a #1 in SF no matter how you rate him him.  As for the other two, I think most would take Gordon over Miller easily.  Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

 

Josh Gordon? Much prefer Lamar especially considering the importance at RB. I’d look for a different throw in but if I were WR stacked and looking for an RB2 I’d be willing to make a trade similar to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

Not vetoable.  Certainly a meh to bad one.  Not sure of the value of Golladay there.  I'd want at least a high upside WR like Anderson from NYJ thrown in.

 

 

 


The dude LOOOOOOVES Detroit. He's from there.

The funny thing is, the trade was between me and the commissioner and he accepted it.... but then rescinded when he got complaints. If it's not a complete lopsided trade, why interfere with two teams that like the trade on both sides?

I think it's because I won last year.

Edited by ponza88
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a guy in my league who would be a habitual offender if his trades were posted here. He knows...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dynasty league .5 ppr. I inquired about getting Mahomes and here is the response:

 

Mahomes
Marlon Mack

Edelman

 

For

 

Cam Newton

Melvin Gordon

1 of Tyreek Hill, Kelce, Hilton

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ethan7 said:

offered me michael crabtree for travis kelce

Lol I never understand people who, before the season starts, offers a single player that was drafted later for your single player that was drafted earlier. Like, if you wanted Crabtree over Kelce, you would've just drafted that way, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sternes said:

 

Disagree with "not bad".  Michel is buried in NE coming off a minor surgery.  Goodwin is at least a #1 in SF no matter how you rate him him.  As for the other two, I think most would take Gordon over Miller easily.  Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

 

Garcon could easily be the #1 in San Fran. It's not a bad offer if you think Miller will bounce back. If you don't I understand a quick reject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sternes said:

 

Disagree with "not bad".  Michel is buried in NE coming off a minor surgery.  Goodwin is at least a #1 in SF no matter how you rate him him.  As for the other two, I think most would take Gordon over Miller easily.  Basically a 2 for 1 with a dice roll at RB.

 

You are looking at the negatives of the players you would receive but not the players that you own.

I do not like trading for Gordon because no one can accurately judge his value. He is the most extreme case of boom or bust and to be honest he has not been boom for a very long time. Drafting Gordon is like dating a stripper - it sounds like you will have lots of fun but in reality you get burned.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RToTheIzzo said:

My Antonio Brown and Devonta Freeman for his David Johnson. He took DJ one pick before I took AB.

Just because he took him one pick before doesn’t change the fact that Johnson >>>>> Brown. Just the nature of he BS snake draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Just because he took him one pick before doesn’t change the fact that Johnson >>>>> Brown. Just the nature of he BS snake draft.

Did I ever argue that? No, so why are you putting words in my mouth? My point is I really wanted DJ, ended up with AB instead. Then he asked for my 1st and 2nd round selections for DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this