Sign in to follow this  
Sternes

Terrible Trade Offers 2018

Just now, RToTheIzzo said:

Did I ever argue that? No, so why are you putting words in my mouth? My point is I really wanted DJ, ended up with AB instead. Then he asked for my 1st and 2nd round selections for DJ.

I didn’t put anything in your mouth. The trade offer isn’t terrible. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's an instant reject

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ethan7 said:

offered me michael crabtree for travis kelce

To me, offers like this are "test the waters" offers. 

Assuming you have a need at WR and have TE depth, he's probably looking for a counter offer. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

That would depend on where you think DJ and AB should go.

By average ADP DJ is 4th and AB is 6th. To have to throw in a 17th pick to make that difference work sounds criminal to me. By ADP that is a straight up trade but if someone felt really strongly about it I would throw in a bench player.

• Like 1

I just had someone offer me Mitch Trubisky for Antonio Brown, no joke. And on a side note I just did a draft where some idiot took Tom Brady #1 overall. I am dead serious! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nicksti said:

That would depend on where you think DJ and AB should go.

By average ADP DJ is 4th and AB is 6th. To have to throw in a 17th pick to make that difference work sounds criminal to me. By ADP that is a straight up trade but if someone felt really strongly about it I would throw in a bench player.

Again, ADP is not reflective of gap in value. Personally, I value DJ first. Not only that, I am expecting him to go over 300 points in standard. With Brown, it will be the same as usual. Around 200-215 points. Even if Brown was to replicate his ridiculously historic season I don't expect him to come particularly close to Johnson. This means, you are expecting Freeman to make up anywhere between 50-100 points in that given trade. Now, last year Freeman got 165 points which is a down year for sure. However, his concussion history is extremely concerning, he no longer has Shanahan, and Coleman is always a threat. So while regression to the mean is expected I only expect it to regress partially. Maybe 20-30 points.

In summary, Brown + Freeman = 390-420 points. DJ = 290-320 points. Not hard to find a replacement to get you over 100 points.

Would I do the trade? No, probably not. However, it's not a terrible offer. Look beyond the picks. Snake has an issue with the value of picks not being equally distributed. 

3 hours ago, lolcopter said:

It all depends on how you value Miller going into this season. I'm already stacked at RB so I would never consider this (as someone who does roster both Gordon and Goodwin), but if you're hurting at RB (McKinnon owner) and stacked at WR, this trade isn't all that outrageous imo. Goodwin, while his team WR1, isn't without his own risk with concussion history and somewhat unknown offense in general. Gordon, who is doing all the right things, is one slip up from a Martavis Bryant situation. If you feel like Miller could churn out RB2/3 numbers and have the WR depth I see this is a fair [enough] exchange. Michel is just a pot sweetener.

Gordon (4/5) + Goodwin (5/6) for Miller (3/4) + Michel (7/8)

ehhh could be worse

pretty much

I think Lamar Miller is the steal of this years draft. To me he's very undervalued.

If I owned DJ. I wouldn't accept any offer less than Brown and your 2nd round pick though. Very little incentive in trading away a stud like DJ unless you are over-paying.

I got 2 quick back to backs - just an instant rejection.

My Fournette/D. Hopkins for his Julio/Matt Ryan/Crowell

He countered with Fournette/D. Hopkins/Latavius for his Julio/Matt Ryan/Sony Michell

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, white800 said:

I got 2 quick back to backs - just an instant rejection.

My Fournette/D. Hopkins for his Julio/Matt Ryan/Crowell

He countered with Fournette/D. Hopkins/Latavius for his Julio/Matt Ryan/Sony Michell

I find that strange when they improve their offer marginally to get to your offer's original level, but still ask for an additional piece.

Had my Gordon/Funchess offer for Collins/J. Reed.   He counters with me giving up Gordon/AJ Green/Funchess for Collins/Ebron/Aaron Jones.

Crazy thing is that Collins went the pick before I took Gordon, and now he is worth Gordon+Green lol.  I know it is after the draft and that doesn't really mean a lot, but I don't see those values fluctuating much since then.

Still pre-week 1. Give it a couple of weeks before realizing the players' true value.

That's why most trades happen later in the fantasy season.

The presumptuous "BUY LOW vs SELL HIGH" - will be fun

trade
Julio Jones to Adam's Team
Devin Funchess
Jordan Reed
Jacksonville
to Ea$y Money

trade
Julio Jones
Kerryon Johnson
to  Show Us Your TDs
Kenyan Drake
Marqise Lee
to  Ea$y Money

I get a lot of offers for Julio but none with good return obviously. 

Team's name should be changed to Steali'n Money... that's what he's trying to do there

one last night in my league went down was Ajayi for Devonta Freeman & Amari Cooper.

Freeman/Cooper's original owner requested that trade.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

one last night in my league went down was Ajayi for Devonta Freeman & Amari Cooper.

Freeman/Cooper's original owner requested that trade.

That looks like collusion or someone screwing around.  Did your league mates object?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

That looks like collusion or someone screwing around.  Did your league mates object?

This.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I think Lamar Miller is the steal of this years draft. To me he's very undervalued.

i've thought that same thing each of the last 3 years. He'll disappoint like always

25 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

I don't think I've ever objected to a deal or vetoed anything, but that one is impossible to defend. Even if you're really really high on Ajayi, Freeman straight up is plenty. 

Edited by ajs723

I don't know how this occurred, but someone in one of my league ended up with Rodgers in the 1st, Brady in the 2nd, Wilson in the 4th and Flacco in the 8th in last night's draft. I think she auto-drafted and screwed up her settings BADLY.

I waited late on QB, picked up Rivers. Not going to set the world on fire, but finished at QB8 last year. Not bad for an 11th rd pick.

Immediately after the draft I get a trade offer. Her Russell Wilson for my Antonio Brown. WTF??? Which is what I said as I hit decline.

Then right after that, I get Brady for AB. WTF again??? 

Seriously, I might entertain Brady for a flex-level player. I have the depth. But what is she smoking?

8 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

I don't know how this occurred, but someone in one of my league ended up with Rodgers in the 1st, Brady in the 2nd, Wilson in the 4th and Flacco in the 8th in last night's draft. I think she auto-drafted and screwed up her settings BADLY.

I waited late on QB, picked up Rivers. Not going to set the world on fire, but finished at QB8 last year. Not bad for an 11th rd pick.

Immediately after the draft I get a trade offer. Her Russell Wilson for my Antonio Brown. WTF??? Which is what I said as I hit decline.

Seriously, I might entertain Brady for a flex-level player. I have the depth. But what is she smoking?

She must be new to fantasy football:)

10 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

She was trying to horde QB's and force people to have an uncomfortable starter. Then using it as leverage to try and make the player overvalued. 

4 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

She must be new to fantasy football:)

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

She was trying to horde QB's and force people to have an uncomfortable starter. Then using it as leverage to try and make the player overvalued. 

Well, whether she's new or trying to hoard, it sure as heck ain't going to work! Her roster is a nightmare.

1 hour ago, esprits4s said:

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

This.

58 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think I've ever objected to a deal or vetoed anything, but that one is impossible to defend. Even if you're really really high on Ajayi, Freeman straight up is plenty. 

nope. we all told the original Ajayi owner to take the trade. not sure why he was high on getting him and giving up both Freeman and Cooper for him but he wanted him. Ajayi went 6th round - Freeman went 6th overall pick.

17 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Lets not gloss over taking Flacco in the 8th here- much more egregious than these awful trade offers.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Well, whether she's new or trying to hoard, it sure as heck ain't going to work! Her roster is a nightmare.

I had someone take Rodgers round 1, Brady round 2 and Luck later in the draft last year.

Eventually traded Brady before week 1 (do not remember for who), and we all know what happened with Rodgers and Luck. 

He wasn't happy.