Sign in to follow this  
Sternes

Terrible Trade Offers 2018

1 hour ago, slothfantasy said:

i've thought that same thing each of the last 3 years. He'll disappoint like always

That would be just my luck. I just think he'll thrive in this new "exciting" offense. He should get a lot more red zone attempts. So I hope.

Ugh, those are the worst.   If you all knew Davante Adams was getting shopped, at least a few people easily beat that offer.    That'll get me to rage every time.   

21 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I just had someone offer me Mitch Trubisky for Antonio Brown, no joke. And on a side note I just did a draft where some idiot took Tom Brady #1 overall. I am dead serious! 

That, my friend, is the sign of an idiot.  Guaranteed it's someone that plays in an extremely QB-heavy league and is trying to mock draft in a standard lobby.  You can't mock draft for that type of league, dude.  All you're doing is messing up everyone else's mock!

• Haha 1

15th year of an 18 team dynasty league......guy was trying to move the number 1 pick(saquan barkley) and all he wanted was Matt Ryan....AND TY Hilton......AND Julio Jones.....AND my 1st round pick(who i used on sam darnold)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

That, my friend, is the sign of an idiot.  Guaranteed it's someone that plays in an extremely QB-heavy league and is trying to mock draft in a standard lobby.  You can't mock draft for that type of league, dude.  All you're doing is messing up everyone else's mock!

There’s an idiot in every league.  Someone took AP 15th overall in my league.  It’s nice when they raise their hand early so I can identify them, so I can target them for trades later...

23 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Ugh, those are the worst.   If you all knew Davante Adams was getting shopped, at least a few people easily beat that offer.    That'll get me to rage every time.   

I was actually the one that snagged Adams lol

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, El_Chingon said:

Probably not a trade I would have taken, but depending on your viewpoint regarding Michel being "buried" vis-a-vis Gordon's mental health and substance abuse issues, I don't really see the "outrage" that warrants creating a thread over it.  Player values are subjective....will Gordon fall off the wagon tomorrow and his career be over next week?  If you are only looking to get offended by every trade offer you get,  you probably won't be making too many deals.  

Exactly,   I relish all offers including “bad offers”.   It’s a starting point.  The one thing you can never underestimate is how disillusioned, worried, and frustrated a manager is with his players.  Trades are subjective.   Build on the dialogue instead of raging like children.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sternes said:

I find that strange when they improve their offer marginally to get to your offer's original level, but still ask for an additional piece.

Had my Gordon/Funchess offer for Collins/J. Reed.   He counters with me giving up Gordon/AJ Green/Funchess for Collins/Ebron/Aaron Jones.

Crazy thing is that Collins went the pick before I took Gordon, and now he is worth Gordon+Green lol.  I know it is after the draft and that doesn't really mean a lot, but I don't see those values fluctuating much since then.

Yeah, people just get stuck thinking that 'their' players are worth more. Don't get me wrong i always want to win the trade, but it's gotta be close, and it's gotta benefit both teams. I hate people that just send garbage out hoping someone is either dumb or accidentally hits accept.

• Like 1

Of course both came from the Bell owner in my auction league. 

- Marshawn Lynch for David Njoku and Ronald Jones III

- Carlos Hyde for David Njoku

Comments from Tygod Etiquette:
This is a fair offer my man. Njoku has a Kelce like ceiling that he looked to begin to hit in pre season and I loved him in Miami. Prob only offer we have for a TE.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

This is a fair offer my man. Njoku has a Kelce like ceiling that he looked to begin to hit in pre season and I loved him in Miami. Prob only offer we have for a TE.

you should reply "Great ceiling man, you can play him in the flex position" lol

On 9/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, rasto21585 said:

A trade went through in one of my ppr leagues where Barber and Corey Davis was traded for Davante Adams

I was offered J. Williams for Adams with the comment:  "The RB in GB is easily worth a top WR."  I countered with Funchess for M. Lynch and he replied, "Don't be a prick".  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was offered: R. Wilson, D. Baldwin, D. Freeman for my T. Hill, C. Clement, Edelman.

Not THAT terrible, but no thanks. Freeman was my only interest (for my RB2 - I have Elliot & Barber).

Cobb/Lamar Miller for Saquon Barkley :lol:

Edited by ludawg23

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I offered AP and Carson for D Adams, owner is RB needy.

Yikes - that would be an insta-decline for me

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 8:06 AM, Finally Detroit Wins said:

What is wrong with those offers?

A lot of these trade offers are completely reasonable, at the least as a 'start the convo' type offers.

11 minutes ago, kball09 said:

A lot of these trade offers are completely reasonable, at the least as a 'start the convo' type offers.

you also have to understand that any player a person owns automatically gets a 200% boost in value while anyone that they would get is decreased 50% till their on their team

Dynasty league. 

I was offered Ben Watson and Ted Ginn jr 

for my Sony Michel and David Njoku. 

I've honestly only ever been offered ridiculous offers in my fantasy football times.

Everyone I get its like "damn...this guy must think I'm a total idiot"

Well I have an interesting story this season, so gather around children.

so two guys walk into a bar.... JK

Two guys had a trade go through it was Ertz for Rudolph straight up. The reasoning was that one guy had to many eagles players and the other not sure. whatever fair trade imo. The League manager freaks out and says it isn't a fair trade cause the guy receiving Ertz was going to have an unstoppable team... HE WAS STACKED ....lol in his words and made a big fuss and got everyone to veto the trade and it never went thru. GIANT RED FLAG for  me....

League Rules were the league Votes on every trade before it goes through. fine.

anyways fast forward to Week 1 on Sunday and behold the league manager traded Meredith and Garcon for Mixon, Changed the league settings overnight and pushed this trade through and changed it back for his own gain. ALL BECAUSE HE DIDN'T have BELL ...LMAO\

League went crazy told everyone to go f--- themselves and insisted it was an even trade. Never acknowledged he did something completely wrong.

Not only that but all my trades got vetoed. ALL OF THEM.....

anyways i called him out like the rest of the league asked him to find someone to take my spot and demanded my money back. he refused to refund me so i had to escalate the matters and filed a dispute thru paypal. This deeply angered the big fat man and he messaged me and blocked me like the coward he his, removed me from the league and I never received my money back. BUT paypal is the real MVP and added $50 back to my account. hahahahaha 

Edited by CABLE87