hipriest69

Nic Batum 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Hes taken a bit of a back seat with the emergence of Lamb... tough to see that changing at this point.. He's still a good glue guy  for the back end of your lineup, just not a "great" glue guy anymore...

17 minutes ago, RealityBasketball said:

Batum is a known commodity.  He always has rough patches.  Watch what he averages when the year is over.  I'm trying to buy low where I can.   

What in the world kind of offers are you putting out there for him? Waiver wire  bums?

• Haha 1

I phawking hate this soft-as-charmins frenchman. Absolutely unreliable

• Like 1

I’m holding til December 15 to see how things shake up with player movements. Maybe, MJ decides to cut bait.

I had my finger on the trigger deciding between Batum and Doncic -- was looking for a forward who could hit 3s, get assists and bolster FT%. You can guess who I went with. You can guess how much I want that moment back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

I had my finger on the trigger deciding between Batum and Doncic -- was looking for a forward who could hit 3s, get assists and bolster FT%. You can guess who I went with. You can guess how much I want that moment back.

wait....are you forreal? assuming that you had to reach for Doncic

26 minutes ago, litigator said:

He was also dropped in my 16-team league.

25 minutes ago, blabety said:

im thinkin of dropping him in 12s.

Hmmm I just dropped in a 10 team and still feel dirty and unsure about the decision lol I don't think I would drop in a 12 team (though my 12 team league has deep benches). Dropping in a 16 team seems crazy to me!

He's still 9 pts/5.4 rbs/3.3 ast/1 stl/0.5blks with 1.2 threes on good percentages. I feel like this is pretty much his floor. His minutes are still there and he's only two seasons removed from 16/6/6 with 2 threes. Pretty hard to find that on the wire.

I guess he prob can't do that again this year since his usage is down so much :/ I just think that even with how s---y his numbers are atm if he just improved even slightly from where he's at, say a small increase in assists or threes he'd be worth rostering for deeper leagues. Prob a drop in 10 teamers but other leagues a hold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

Hmmm I just dropped in a 10 team and still feel dirty and unsure about the decision lol I don't think I would drop in a 12 team (though my 12 team league has deep benches). Dropping in a 16 team seems crazy to me!

He's still 9 pts/5.4 rbs/3.3 ast/1 stl/0.5blks with 1.2 threes on good percentages. I feel like this is pretty much his floor. His minutes are still there and he's only two seasons removed from 16/6/6 with 2 threes. Pretty hard to find that on the wire.

I guess he prob can't do that again this year since his usage is down so much :/ I just think that even with how s---y his numbers are atm if he just improved even slightly from where he's at, say a small increase in assists or threes he'd be worth rostering for deeper leagues. Prob a drop in 10 teamers but other leagues a hold.

Yeah. I agree with your take in a 16-teamer. I also want to scoop him up but I have rosterable players in my SG and SF slots.

• Like 1

I am revisiting the idea of dropping him now too. Hornets are just not using him to his strength - he doesn't get to run the offense and is just relegated to standing around hoping for a kickout pass from Kemba . He was used as the point forward in the past but that's no longer the case. Perrego has taken the ball out of his hands and Batum just gives me the "whatever" vibe on the court now. He's not driving, he's not running pick & roll, he's not doing anything lol

dropped Batum in every league i owned him (2/3). I took a wait and see approach if anyone would be interested in his services, and he remains on the wire in both leagues. Do yourself a favor and drop this headache if you currently own him. If he heats up, you should be able to pick him back up

fwiw I dropped Batum for Demarre Carroll which isnt much of an upgrade at all, but JYD has been getting more burn lately and seems to have better Usage in a game where he plays under 20 mins compared to Batum playing 30+ mins 

17 hours ago, blabety said:

wait....are you forreal? assuming that you had to reach for Doncic

Part of why I didn't do it is because I thought I might get Doncic the next round. So I drafted Batum right at his Yahoo preseason rank (70) and thought there was a chance Doncic would be there at 92, HIS preseason rank -- although I knew from mocks that he might get swept up that next round. As it happened, someone selected Doncic with the pick right after my Batum.

As for the other discussions, despite what it says in my sig, I dropped Batum in one league for Rubio.

1 hour ago, terribleswedes said:

Part of why I didn't do it is because I thought I might get Doncic the next round. So I drafted Batum right at his Yahoo preseason rank (70) and thought there was a chance Doncic would be there at 92, HIS preseason rank -- although I knew from mocks that he might get swept up that next round. As it happened, someone selected Doncic with the pick right after my Batum.

As for the other discussions, despite what it says in my sig, I dropped Batum in one league for Rubio.

Oh. I thought you dropped Doncic for Batum haha.

Wondering if worth replacing him with Miles Bridges, which might be happening in real life sooner rather than later too.