phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Discussion about defenses and who you are streaming each week goes here.

5 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Da Bears! I know it's crazy!

Bears are easily a top ten, if not top five, defense. Yes, it's GB, but if you drafted them, you probably play them. 

Ironically, I'm streaming GB. 7.5 favorites, at home, against an inexperienced QB in a brand new offense. The Bears O-line isn't full of great pass blockers either. 

Hold Houston for season.(I'm starting to Pat's this week)

Or

Grab Panthers or cincy And stream from there. Maybe try to grab Houston back next week?

Edited by rshaas
Words

Start the Bears @GB or drop RB depth to pickup Broncos or Panthers?

I'm starting the Lions DEF vs Jets.  Darnold should throw at least 2 picks and get a couple sacks  

9 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Start the Bears @GB or drop RB depth to pickup Broncos or Panthers?

Start Bears. I thought the same as you. Drop Clement or Jamaal Williams but decided against it. I’m rolling with CHI.

1 hour ago, LhasaApso said:

How will NE or Carolina D do this year? Thinking of dropping 1, dont need 2 def.

I’d probably hold NE just because their division is so soft 

7 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Start Bears. I thought the same as you. Drop Clement or Jamaal Williams but decided against it. I’m rolling with CHI.

I’m going with the panthers and dropping Alf. I think I hit big with James Connor so timeshare Alf is expendable

Rolling 

Det v jets

Chi v GB

Minn v Niners

Tenn v Mia

But im kinda thinking the falcons will feast on foles tonight anyone else think so?

To all those thinking about starting the Bears think back to Green Bay's 2014 Sunday night game against Chicago when Rodgers reeled off 6 touchdowns in the first half. Another Sunday night game at Green Bay. Just sayin...

5 minutes ago, Yardage33 said:

To all those thinking about starting the Bears think back to Green Bay's 2014 Sunday night game against Chicago when Rodgers reeled off 6 touchdowns in the first half. Another Sunday night game at Green Bay. Just sayin...

I bet both teams score under 20 each. I think itll be a 14-10 score. GB will probably win but itll be close

I drafted the Patriots defense but am tempted to drop them for the Lions this week.

I think the Pats will be better over the course of the season though because they get to play the Bills, Jets and Dolphins six times while the Lions will get the Vikings, Packers and Bears. So, I'm not sure if the difference between the two defenses in Week 1 is worth the risk of losing the Pats and just streaming all season.

1 hour ago, Yardage33 said:

To all those thinking about starting the Bears think back to Green Bay's 1985 Sunday night game against Chicago when the Bears held Green Bay to 7 points. Another Sunday night game at Green Bay. Just sayin...

• Haha 1

What Defense do you guys think will be surprise people this year and be a consistent defense to roster?

2 hours ago, jclee4 said:

What Defense do you guys think will be surprise people this year and be a consistent defense to roster?

Rams and Chi

6 hours ago, jclee4 said:

How about the Giants as a dark horse? In 2016 their squad was pretty legit and they fell off a cliff last year with injures to almost everyone. Tons of talent. 

If available in your league, I would go with:

Packers (vs Bears)

Lions (vs Jets)

Titans (vs Dolphins)