phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

13 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I'd role with the Bears. Rams D are playing without their top 2 Corners. They should still be a decent play, but I don't like the match up versus a pissed off Minnesota team. 

Good points

9 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I'd role with the Bears. Rams D are playing without their top 2 Corners. They should still be a decent play, but I don't like the match up versus a pissed off Minnesota team. 

Do the Rams have at least decent depth at CB or is this going to be some serious gravitational pull towards track meets?

21 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Seems crazy but I'm not starting CHI defense vs Fitz, i'm trying to pick up LAC.

(Also starting Fitz lol)

ROP

Who would have ever thought Fitz would even be starting week 4, let alone that you would be afraid to face him.  You never can tell how a season is going to go.

• Haha 1

Not the end all be all of statistics, but this might help some people make some decisions between two options...

This is based on Pace of Play. The more green the faster the offense plays, the more red the slower they play. The numbers are the right on the combined totals of the two teams. 

DoBXNI7XsAAb0u8.jpg:large

• Thanks 1

All the usual suspects are gone (GB, LAC, SEA). How does everyone feel about NE? I know their D has looked terrible thus far, but home game against a divisional rival/come out angry/make a statement, etc etc etc? Also, looks like Patrick Chung and Trey Flowers are coming back this week.

I feel more comfortable with NE than TEN, ARZ, DET and DAL...

12 hours ago, Mystery83 said:

Who would have ever thought Fitz would even be starting week 4, let alone that you would be afraid to face him.  You never can tell how a season is going to go.

Rolling with LAC vs SD as well over the CHI D. Just feel that Fitzy will be able to put up yards and points. CHI is weaker against the pass vs. the run.

Speaking of the Chicago D...anyone dropping them if they aren't rolling with them this week? I'd love to keep them but have other needs and they are on bye next week and @MIA,  NE after that. Not a great stretch. 

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Rolling with LAC vs SD as well over the CHI D. Just feel that Fitzy will be able to put up yards and points. CHI is weaker against the pass vs. the run.

Speaking of the Chicago D...anyone dropping them if they aren't rolling with them this week? I'd love to keep them but have other needs and they are on bye next week and @MIA,  NE after that. Not a great stretch. 

Chicago is the #1 ranked defense in 3 of my leagues.  No way I would drop them even with the stretch of games coming up.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Chicago is the #1 ranked defense in 3 of my leagues.  No way I would drop them even with the stretch of games coming up.

I could solve the problem by just playing the CHI D vs TB and dropping LAC. That's a juicy matchup though with Beathard starting.

You guys like Seattle or Philly better this week? Both are available so I'm trying to decide...

I'm a bit concerned about Cleveland @ Oak.  I believe their weakness is vs the run, and feel Gruden will try to run them out of Oakland.  I do believe Mayfield will help to keep the game close, which woll be a positive for the defense, but they may put up mediocre numbers.

Should I drop Texans for any of the below options:

Browns 

Bengals

Ravens

Titans

First 3 weeks they have been underwhelming so far.

Edited by ywallet

I'd keep the Texans.  Indy's starting OTs look like they are out.  Couple that with the known Colts short passing game and I don't see them scoring many points either.

• Thanks 1

Which defense looks better this week:  Ind vs. Hou or Detroit @ Dallas?     

Starting the Packers this week. I am hoping that Josh Allen's performance last week against the Vikes was a fluke and he will run into some rookie mistakes against the Pack.

21 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Who does everyone prefer between Dallas vs Detroit and Cleveland vs Oakland? I think I may stick with Cleveland one more week.

Browns are legit. I'm rolling with them and the Titans ROS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Who does everyone prefer between Dallas vs Detroit and Cleveland vs Oakland? I think I may stick with Cleveland one more week.

Good to hear that a CPL of you guys are rolling with the browns again this week.

I have them but could pick up the bucs against the bears..

Other option is Arizona 

On 9/27/2018 at 2:29 PM, joed2323 said:

Anyone else staying with the browns f for one more week or cut ties now and move on?

I am! 

Defensive end Emanuell  Ogbah returns which is big.

Linebacker Cristian Kirksey is back too.

Hopefully Baker sustains longer drives and gives the D some rest and puts then in more positive game scripts.

Edited by mongidig

7 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Which defense looks better this week:  Ind vs. Hou or Detroit @ Dallas?     

Debating on titans this week. They are getting sacks and turnovers even against good offenses

6 hours ago, kretan182 said:

Starting the Packers this week. I am hoping that Josh Allen's performance last week against the Vikes was a fluke and he will run into some rookie mistakes against the Pack.

The Packers can't tackle and have horrible coverage. Packers defense sucks and I'm a Packers fan.