phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

I just picked up LAC with SF possibly out their 2 RBs (might be gametime calls) I want to have them to stream instead of my opponent...he is starting GB. I have the Bears, hope I didn't give up too much for LAC by dropping Desean Jackson (10team ppr)

Edited by Jonny5

10 hours ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Who does everyone prefer between Dallas vs Detroit and Cleveland vs Oakland? I think I may stick with Cleveland one more week.

10 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Browns are legit. I'm rolling with them and the Titans ROS. 

See, I thought that too till I saw their upcoming schedule:

@Oak

Bal

Chargers

@TB

@Pitts

KC

Atl

BYE

@Cinn

After Oak and Baltimore, they're facing 6 top tiered offenses.

As for the Titans D, their offense wont be doing them any favors (turnovers, short field for the DEF) until the play improves.

Is the Colts defense actually good?  Was looking at their schedule and it’s pretty easy except a few games 

Sep 30 HOU

Oct 4 @NE

Oct 14 @NYJ

Oct 21 BUF

Oct 28 @OAK

BYE

Nov 11 JAX

Nov 18 TEN

Nov 25 MIA

Dec 2 @JAX

Dec 9 @HOU

Dec 16 DAL

Dec 23 NYG

8 hours ago, Gryfter said:

See, I thought that too till I saw their upcoming schedule:

@Oak

Bal

Chargers

@TB

@Pitts

KC

Atl

BYE

@Cinn

After Oak and Baltimore, they're facing 6 top tiered offenses.

As for the Titans D, their offense wont be doing them any favors (turnovers, short field for the DEF) until the play improves.

That is a nasty stretch of games. Good point.

Need some help for this week of at all possible. Its no the best pickins with nearly all of the people in my league rostering two Defenses lol...

here are are my options:

- DET vs. DAL (Ansah is out)

- NO at NYG (they’ve been a disappointment but have a chance for sacks, but there are serious weapons in NY)

- IND vs. HOU (I fear the long throws by Watson)

- TEN vs. PHI (stout D, but TEN has no O)

- TB at CHI (going against a subpar O)

- ARI vs. SEA (division rival game, has been close ones recently)

Need to pick one defense out of the following.  Which looks best?

Dallas vs. Detroit

NY Jets @ Jacksonville

Miami @ New England

Indianapolis vs. Houston

Tampa Bay @ Chicago

7 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

What's the better option Cleveland or Airzona this weekend?

I like Cleveland better.  Which one out of my choices in the post before yours looks like the best option for me?

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I like Cleveland better.  Which one out of my choices in the post before yours looks like the best option for me?

Call me crazy but Detroit isn't a bad option against Dallas as long as they can seal up Elliot

1 minute ago, joed2323 said:

Call me crazy but Detroit isn't a bad option against Dallas as long as they can seal up Elliot

I have the Dallas defense.  Detroit isn't available in my league.  The defenses that I have or are available are all listed first in my post.

5 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Whose everyone lining up for bears blue next week?

I have Bears DEF in all 5 leagues...

snatched up the following for next week in each league: Texans (vs Dal), Panthers (vs NYG) x2, Rams (drafted them and picked up Bears after week1), hoping to pick up either Browns (vs Bal) or Panthers again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Whose everyone lining up for bears blue next week?

looking at Panthers vs Giants or maybe Browns vs Ravens but that not so sure about that one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, INFRARED 6 said:

I have Bears DEF in all 5 leagues...

snatched up the following for next week in each league: Texans (vs Dal), Panthers (vs NYG) x2, Rams (drafted them and picked up Bears after week1), hoping to pick up either Browns (vs Bal) or Panthers again. 

40 minutes ago, batman1427 said:

looking at Panthers vs Giants or maybe Browns vs Ravens but that not so sure about that one.

Nice. Sadly in one of my leagues all those are gone haha looking like Cards vs SF or Titans vs Buffalo or Bill's vs Titans

4 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

I’ve gotta decide between playing the Ravens DST vs PIT or dropping DeSean Jackson to pick up the Detroit DST for a 1-week rental vs Dallas.

I’m in a similar situation. I own the Panthers D and I have to either drop a player for a average defense or roll out no defense this week. Good thing is, I have the Panthers so if it looks like my opponent is doing better than expected, I can make a call and pick up a late game or the Steelers defense.

Anyone think the Jets are a better start today than the Browns?

I've got Cleveland right now, but I'm afraid that their strengths don't really exploit Oakland's weaknesses - they've got a strong enough O-Line to slow down Clevelands LBs and can exploit their secondary and run-defense. If Cleveland doesn't get at Carr or force a turnover or two I'm afraid they're going to end up very middling.

Jets could easily get torched on the ground, but I feel like their secondary could absolutely destroy Bortles if they can force him to throw.

Not too sure on this one today, Arizona is still around as well (don't like them as much with Baldwin back) and both sides of the Dal/Det game are there too... Any strong opinions? I'll be happy to advise in return. 

Looking forward to week 5...

I don't know about your league, but CAR was dropped in mine and I just scooped them up before waivers. They are going against the Giants.

Here are my other top streamers, would love your thoughts:

- TEN @ BUF (GB took care of BUF convincingly, and I see TEN being able to give BUF a fit as well / Going against BUF is always a top bet)

- CIN vs. MIA (I don't know if I would call this a sleeper, but MIA switched between Tannehill and Osweiler against NE, and CIN has the pieces to be a good play at home)

- DAL @ HOU (Houston continues to give up sacks, DAL has an underrated secondary, and a good pass rush.  If Sean Lee plays, its be even better for DAL)

- NYJ vs. DEN (The Jets do have a stout D, and I think they can be good for a middle of the road streamer this week at home, only question is how well Darnold will fair against that DEN Defense because it could spell for short fields, limited possessions)

- SF vs. ARI (They haven't looked terrible, have had some good moments of being stout, and are in a divisional game against a Rosen who is only in his second game)

UPCOMING WEEKS

IND has been real underrated as a Defensive play I think.  They have a short week for TNF against the Patriots, but then weeks 6-8 they play

@ NYJ

vs. BUF

@ OAK

Edited by csv2209

1 hour ago, rahuLL said:

CAR(vs NYG) or ARI(@ SF) next week?

I gotta go with CAR there. Arizona can't be trusted and their offense is a disaster, leaving the defense on the field too much .SF did decent against the Chargers.

Bears owners FYI.

I went ahead and added CAR D just now as they're a FA. Get ahead of the curve and do the same fellas.

“When a player gets labeled the chalk, it’s always for good reason and when it comes to streaming defenses in Week 5, the overgrown cats from Carolina are the chalk. It’s a bit of a perfect storm for the Panthers D/ST as they are just coming off a bye and thus available in 60% of Yahoo leagues. Plus, they play a Giants team that gave up three sacks to the Saints, six to the Cowboys, and four to the Texans…all while scoring fewer than 20 points in three of their four games. Meanwhile, the Panthers have eight sacks in three games and have forced six turnovers on the year, which bodes well for their defense considering the Giants are -2 in turnover margin.”
– Bill Enright (FFChamps)

The Panthers were off in Week 4, so in more fantasy leagues than not Carolina is probably available on the waiver wire. That makes them a great potential fill-in for the Chicago Bears or if you're anxious about the Jaguars (more on them in a bit). The Panthers have been a reasonably effective fantasy option in 2018—ranking inside the top-10 in terms of fantasy points per game in most scoring systems. Add in a matchup with a Giants team prone to allowing sacks and turning the ball over (in Charlotte, no less) and you have the recipe for a good stat line.

Edited by jtbgator