phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Panthers, Broncos or Texans? (I'm liking Houston because the next 2 weeks they play vs Buffalo & Jax) also Dallas horrible offense.

2 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Anyone that has the bench spot...I'd snag up the Colts this week. They got the Jets next week on 10 days rest and then the Bills in week 7. 

I would if I could. I'd have to actually pick them up this week and play them since I have absolutely nobody to drop right now. So, I am in a bit of a pickle. I may just go ahead and use my waiver priority to get it next week. The lower waiver guys are using it now to snag defenses I want so I am missing out on my first choice defense.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:55 PM, devaster said:

Always the worry that a Vikings-type matchup happens with the Bills now. I'm leaning towards Titans with Bears on bye. Titans or Ravens this week?

The Vikes wet the bed. I just had a feeling GB at Lambeau against a rookie was fantasy matchup gold. It turned out I was right. I actually wasn't expecting them to get a shutout though. That was a shocker. I'd still pick and play any team D against Buffalo with confidence. Both of those are good, but I'd still pick the Titans D.

56 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

Titans and Panthers got scooped up in my league so I'm trying to decide between:

- Bengals (vs. Dolphins)

- 49ers (vs. Cardinals)

- Patriots (vs. Colts)

- Jets (vs. Broncos)

Any thoughts?

I'd actually take the Cards D against the Niners.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The Vikes wet the bed. I just had a feeling GB at Lambeau against a rookie was fantasy matchup gold. It turned out I was right. I actually wasn't expecting them to get a shutout though. That was a shocker. I'd still pick and play any team D against Buffalo with confidence. Both of those are good, but I'd still pick the Titans D.

Titans was picked up. I'm left with:

Ravens

Panthers

Broncos

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Titans was picked up. I'm left with:

Ravens

Panthers

Broncos

That's a really tough one. Two of them have rookie QBs. But the Giants O-Line is not that good so lots of sack opportunities and hurries. I'd lean Panthers coming off the bye and well rested, but I think any of those are fine.

51 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I am personally thinking Bengals but gosh I am not in love with any streaming options this week.  

I like the Bengals. Burfect is back BTW!

I'm a huge Giants fan. With this being said. Until they show signs of improvement on the O-line I would bet my house against them!

Pretty much any team is a good matchup against the Giants O

1 hour ago, joed2323 said:

I'm a huge Giants fan. With this being said. Until they show signs of improvement on the O-line I would bet my house against them!

Pretty much any team is a good matchup against the Giants O

My main worry with starting any defense against the Giants is the Giants could put up 30+ very easily if some of their weapons get loose.

4 hours ago, devaster said:

My main worry with starting any defense against the Giants is the Giants could put up 30+ very easily if some of their weapons get loose.

They haven't put up 30+ since 2016

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They haven't put up 30+ since 2016

McAdoodoo doesn't count. He was one of the worst offensive-minded coaches I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

McAdoodoo doesn't count. He was one of the worst offensive-minded coaches I've ever seen.

Yeah, but look at what teams with weapons did against the Saints. Then look at what the Giants did. If they can’t get 30 on the Saints then I doubt they would against a good defense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

Bengals v Dolphins

49ers v Cardinals

Cant decide between these two options.

Personally I’d take bengals. I trust there defense just a little more. 

Does anyone else still feel comfortable streaming Cleveland’s defense? Feel like that Oakland game was something that usually won’t happen. Most games have been close for them 

12 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, but look at what teams with weapons did against the Saints. Then look at what the Giants did. If they can’t get 30 on the Saints then I doubt they would against a good defense.

Panthers were snatched up as well while taking my time to think. Opted for the Broncos over Ravens because I might be playing Landry. Both defenses are in roughly the same situations. Although I think the Jets have much less talent around Darnold than the Browns do with Mayfield.

1 hour ago, HOF12 said:

Personally I’d take bengals. I trust there defense just a little more. 

Does anyone else still feel comfortable streaming Cleveland’s defense? Feel like that Oakland game was something that usually won’t happen. Most games have been close for them 

Bengals also get Burfict back this week. Might help even more.

19 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

Are the Chargers droppable at this point? Main streaming options would be 49ers and Bengals...

I'm wondering the same thing, but their schedule is so juicy. 

3 hours ago, Daffy said:

Thoughts on streaming Patriots D/ST tonight?

tempting with IND offensive weapons in shambles,  it just comes down to how much you think Luck can carry IND. 

2 hours ago, stonemason452 said:

I like it, I think its a sneaky start especially considering Luck lost his biggest weapon.

Houston defense went wild last week and scored a defensive TD and still only managed 7 or 8 points. Patriots defense is terrible. I wouldn't risk it. It still isn't freezing cold weather time of the year yet in NE.

3 hours ago, Daffy said:

Thoughts on streaming Patriots D/ST tonight?

I took the plunge myself. Going against Luck is off-putting, as is starting a Thursday night D but:

• NE is a big home favorite (10.5 right now) in an game with an O/U of 49.5. Vegas implied total for Indy is 19.5. This is currently the third lowest implied total this week behind only the NYG, Bills and Cardinals.
  • NE has a chance to boat race Indy, forcing a lot of passes and sack/turnover opportunity. This is especially true with how banged up on D they are (missing 2 corners, and possibly a safety & LB)
  • On O, Indy is down its: WR1, RB1, TE1, 2 tackles (and some O line depth injuries as well).

I was sad to not get the Titans off of waivers this week (someone bid up the FAAB) but am very OK with getting the NE D for free and streaming them tonight.

Edited by b_23

2 hours ago, b_23 said:

I took the plunge myself. Going against Luck is off-putting, as is starting a Thursday night D but:

• NE is a big home favorite (10.5 right now) in an game with an O/U of 49.5. Vegas implied total for Indy is 19.5. This is currently the third lowest implied total this week behind only the NYG, Bills and Cardinals.
  • NE has a chance to boat race Indy, forcing a lot of passes and sack/turnover opportunity. This is especially true with how banged up on D they are (missing 2 corners, and possibly a safety & LB)
  • On O, Indy is down its: WR1, RB1, TE1, 2 tackles (and some O line depth injuries as well).

I was sad to not get the Titans off of waivers this week (someone bid up the FAAB) but am very OK with getting the NE D for free and streaming them tonight.

Indy has their starting LT back tonight. The RB1 and TE1 haven't played most of the season and are non-factors anyway. I'd argue Ebron is better than Doyle anyway. Missing Hilton hurts the most, but the Colts offense should be mostly healthy.

Colts D missing a bunch for TNF though.