phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

45 minutes ago, devaster said:

Indy has their starting LT back tonight. The RB1 and TE1 haven't played most of the season and are non-factors anyway. I'd argue Ebron is better than Doyle anyway. Missing Hilton hurts the most, but the Colts offense should be mostly healthy.

Colts D missing a bunch for TNF though.

So that's one starting tackle out of two. You may not be a big believer in Mack or Doyle, but they are starters (also, Doyle out snapped and out targeted Ebron by a good margin when both were playing) . We can agree to disagree that a team without it's starting RT, TE, RB and WR1 would be considered mostly healthy.

Anyway, I don't think NE def is a slam dunk play, but should be a good streaming option.  

14 hours ago, b_23 said:

So that's one starting tackle out of two. You may not be a big believer in Mack or Doyle, but they are starters (also, Doyle out snapped and out targeted Ebron by a good margin when both were playing) . We can agree to disagree that a team without it's starting RT, TE, RB and WR1 would be considered mostly healthy.

Anyway, I don't think NE def is a slam dunk play, but should be a good streaming option.  

I didn't think they were a very good streaming option. But at least they didn't net anyone negative points this week.

I'm looking at the Browns because of mostly uninspiring options.  I do like them better at home.  They should be good for 2-3 Flacco sacks and a turn over or two with all their talent.

Edited by Red Dog

14 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I'm looking at the Browns because of mostly uninspiring options.  I do like them better at home.  They should be good for 2-3 Flacco sacks and a turn over or two with all their talent.

Defenses can be unpredictable once past the obvious choices with mismatches, so i'll ride the Browns this week with a big rivalry home game.

Thoughts on Cowboys in a league that doesn't reward for PA or YA?

own Bengals but thinking big D Sunday night vs Houston might be decent 

3 hours ago, rotodr said:

Thoughts on Cowboys in a league that doesn't reward for PA or YA?

own Bengals but thinking big D Sunday night vs Houston might be decent 

I like their chances at getting multiple sacks and an INT.  I've got Dallas going over Philly vs MN in a league that scores PA and YA.  Kind of a pick your poison for me but Watson has been throwing picks and Cowboys are rank 3 for most sacks (14 on the season) and the Texans are ranked 2 for most sacks against (17 on the season).

Debating whether to roll with DEN against the NYJ, or roll with the SF against ARI 

in a return league, and the SF looks to be a low scoring affair. 

Anyone in a return league playing SF over DEN?

8 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Panthers a decent ROS defense?

I think they are a decent option most weeks. I still worry about their pass rush long-term. They will struggle to generate pressure against good passing attacks. I think the Tampa and NO games might be sits. Philly and Steelers as well. We will see.

15 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Panthers a decent ROS defense?

The schedule is decent outside of a few land mines. That is up until week 15 when you have Atl/NO in the playoffs. Definitely end up streaming that week, but guess it won't matter if you're in the finals.

For all those who need upside this week and your league is not heavy on PA and YA, take on of these guys. I think all are safe for 3-4 sacks and a TO and have a chance at a DTD, what do you think?

Bengals vs Miami

Cardinals @ Niners

Cowboys @ Texans

Chiefs vs Jags

• Like 1

Bears on bye so I'm between:

The jets vs Denver and Bengals vs mia

Leaning Bengals this week

Drop ANYONE at the end of your bench NOW and add Dallas defense before they start their game tonight. 

Most likely available in all leagues, and get Jacksonville and Bortles at home next week. 

Easy stream gold. 

Edited by UVA_Drew

13 hours ago, Guwop said:

Bears on bye so I'm between:

The jets vs Denver and Bengals vs mia

Leaning Bengals this week

Nice choice.  Bengals did some damage during the 4th quarter.  

52 minutes ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

Nice choice.  Bengals did some damage during the 4th quarter.  

I was worried like s*** at first when Mia put up those quick points. Thank God for tannehill being tannehill. Possibly saved me this week after my rbs and flex failed me lol

Bengals gave me 22 pts.  Back to back weeks when my defense scores 20+ pts (GB last week)

On 10/7/2018 at 8:14 AM, henchforlife said:

For all those who need upside this week and your league is not heavy on PA and YA, take on of these guys. I think all are safe for 3-4 sacks and a TO and have a chance at a DTD, what do you think?

Bengals vs Miami

Cardinals @ Niners

Cowboys @ Texans

Chiefs vs Jags

Nice call. All went big except Dallas. 

Looking ahead to weeks 7 and 8, I'd take a look at Arizona.

Sometimes part of a defense playing well is the offense staying on the field and shortening how much time they have to spend on it.  It looks like Arizona has been playing better since Bradford got benched and the offense hasn't been as poor.  They've kept their last three opponents under 20 points, gotten several sacks a game, and played very well against SF at the road (18 pts allowed, 4 sacks, 2 picks, 3 fumbled recovered, 1 TD).

Weeks 7 and 8 they are at home, and they face Denver and SF again.  Case Keenum is looking to be who we thought he was, and I even read something today saying it's been bad enough that fans might start calling for Chad Kelly.  That looks like a favorable matchup.  Denver's D causing concern for Arizona's offense might not even be a huge issue with how the Jets offense just trounced them (mostly on the ground).  We already have a sample of what Arizona can do against SF, and this time it will be at home instead of in San Francisco.

I'm not sure I'd want to use them this week against Minnesota, but with how bad the matchups look in general I'm sure you can do worse.  Personally I was able to pick up Pittsburgh and will try them against Cincinnati on the road as they stepped up big against Atlanta at home on Sunday.  If you can afford to grab Arizona early though I think you'll be able to put your streaming worries aside for two weeks.  (Oakland at home in week 11 might not be so bad either if they look good against Denver and SF, but holding them for three weeks after using them might be asking too much).

I know prediction K and ST is very tough and whatever prognosticator says different is FOS. You just look at talent, opportunity and what others have done in the previous few games vs that opponent

For example, I am looking at K this week and see Matt Bryant at 1-2 of the projections everywhere so far vs teh Buccaneers. Why is this? Because TB is a bad D? I guess but that is lazy. Look at what other K have done against TB and it looks like 5-6 points even for the best NFL kickers. So why is Bryant ranked high when I guy like Maher for Dallas is so low yet he should have double the FG opps vs a JAG D that allows mostly FG vs TD's

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to put out what I go by, and have gone by for 10 years with way better success that sites projections and maybe I can help you fellas out a little

Not saying Maher is gonna have 3-4 FG's, just saying take the whole 3 minutes do the research on you own when it comes to K instead of  this "Oh dude, Falcons gonna tear TB apart, Bryant buck wild, ATL 45 points"....

2 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

I know prediction K and ST is very tough and whatever prognosticator says different is FOS. You just look at talent, opportunity and what others have done in the previous few games vs that opponent

For example, I am looking at K this week and see Matt Bryant at 1-2 of the projections everywhere so far vs teh Buccaneers. Why is this? Because TB is a bad D? I guess but that is lazy. Look at what other K have done against TB and it looks like 5-6 points even for the best NFL kickers. So why is Bryant ranked high when I guy like Maher for Dallas is so low yet he should have double the FG opps vs a JAG D that allows mostly FG vs TD's

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to put out what I go by, and have gone by for 10 years with way better success that sites projections and maybe I can help you fellas out a little

Not saying Maher is gonna have 3-4 FG's, just saying take the whole 3 minutes do the research on you own when it comes to K instead of  this "Oh dude, Falcons gonna tear TB apart, Bryant buck wild, ATL 45 points"....

I think it is because Atlanta is notorious for settling for FGs in the redzone.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I think it is because Atlanta is notorious for settling for FGs in the redzone.

Yeah same thing I heard 3 times this year......when Bryant had a whole 8, 3 and 6 points.................

• Like 1

Anyone continuing to roll out Carolina after picking them up last week? I picked up the Colts because they have a decent next several weeks, but now can’t decided between who to keep. Need to drop one because I’m keeping hold of Lutz through the bye... he has been worth every penny! 

Edited by csv2209