phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Week 6 Streamers: Packers and Colts (good for two weeks at least). After that, Carolina, Dallas, and Tampa Bay. Dallas and TB are only desperate plays if the other teams asren't available.

Why are the Colts a good play on the road?  Although the Jets weren't exactly throwing all over them, they did just run up the score on Denver, who I would've figured to be a good matchup last week.

Delete 

Edited by Jay85

Someone mentioned worry about the playoff schedule, that is a long ways away, and do you really think they will put up negative points in those games?  This is a nice time to have them, the bye is over, now just ride the wave

in the one leeg i am fortunate enough to have them they are averaging 17 points per, which is double the next defenses average ... and, mind you, this is a very vanilla scoring scheme for defenses in said leeg - that's RB1/WR1 territory.  

i'd start them vs. any comers, the playoff sched worries me not.

3 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Why are the Colts a good play on the road?  Although the Jets weren't exactly throwing all over them, they did just run up the score on Denver, who I would've figured to be a good matchup last week.

They're not anymore. Main reason is the Colts are banged up on the defensive side of the ball. If you're gonna start them, keep tabs on their players. They did have 10 days of rest since playing last Thursday.

Mmmmmmmm makes all my leaguemates who wasted a draft pick on a defense look dumb. Picked these studs up before week 1 off waivers, never looking back.

Time to enjoy the ride boys B)

4 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

The Colts have a few injuries which makes this pick questionable. However, Buffalo whipped Minnesota and I still picked up Green Bay the next day for their matchup against the Bills. Darnold should be down for a few turnovers. What a lousy team does in the prior week doesn't really factor much into causing me not to stream them. Lots of people missed out on GB because of that. On the flip-side, with the suspect offense (due to injuries) for the Colts the Jets can also be streamed. This isn't a great streaming week as most of the prime matchups have defenses already owned.

Edited by FitzMagic

I’m torn, have browns defense at home vs chargers, and packers are available. 

Was very surprised the browns did well vs Ravens. Anyone sticking with them ros?

Edited by HOF12

Thoughts Vs NE ? .....Holding Denver right now cause the play Arizona but  tobe honest I might feel better playing CHI vs. Brady after what happened to Denver against the JETS.

22 minutes ago, WesternSociety said:

Thoughts Vs NE ? .....Holding Denver right now cause the play Arizona but  tobe honest I might feel better playing CHI vs. Brady after what happened to Denver against the JETS.

you start your studs. this defense is the stud. Tommy will be shaky in CHI. also, ESPN has MIA ranked 31st vs DEF and CIN scored 24 points on DEF last week which prior has been pretty crappy. LFG!!

• Like 1

I agree with just playing CHI def vs. whoever (as long as Khalil Mack is active).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WesternSociety said:

I am wondering the same.  I have Minn also who plays the Jets that week.  Haven't decided yet.  After that it's clear sailing with Chicago at least up to the playoffs.

Guys, Chicago's D is a set and forget. Yes, Brady and the Pats will put up points but the Bears will still get after Brady and force turnovers/sacks.

• Like 1

Just now, RoseLin23 said:

Guys, Chicago's D is a set and forget. Yes, Brady and the Pats will put up points but the Bears will still get after Brady and force turnovers/sacks.

Yes, that's why I want them. PM me who you think I should try and trade for them. I looked at their schedule and I am kicking myself for not picking them up as soon as the Mack trade was announced.

Hey my yahoo app is glitching and is only showing 7.22 projected instead of their 14 point floor, anyone else experiencing this glitch?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Poohdini said:

They'll win people the 'ship just like what jags did last year. book it.

The Jags got me there, but lost it for me in the actual championship. 

Got absolutely crushed by SF, and I lost by 2.5 points.

Sad

Edited by SadFaceHappy

Thoughts on Dallas this week? The top options are Dallas, Jets, Colts, Dolphins. The Colts probably have the best opponent but of these teams Dallas is the best real life defense. When in doubt I tend to go with the better real life defense (less chance of getting blown up for 30 or 40 points). That said, the Cowboys are ranked in the teens everywhere this week.

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Hey my yahoo app is glitching and is only showing 7.22 projected instead of their 14 point floor, anyone else experiencing this glitch?

is it a glitch? ESPN has them projected 7.9 but going against the 31st ranked team vs DEF. I'd assume it will change a little before Sunday.

14 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

is it a glitch? ESPN has them projected 7.9 but going against the 31st ranked team vs DEF. I'd assume it will change a little before Sunday.

Do we actually care about projected pts?

• Like 1

love the zuerlein / bears stack once he gets back. for two positions that no one really values its like having an extra player.