phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

What’re your thoughts on playing Oakland’s defense tonight? That’s if Beathard doesn’t play. Breida is banged up at the moment as well. I’m not familiar with Oakland’s defense though. I know it’s not good, but good enough to have a big game against this putrid offense? 

1 hour ago, Lebowski54 said:

What’re your thoughts on playing Oakland’s defense tonight? That’s if Beathard doesn’t play. Breida is banged up at the moment as well. I’m not familiar with Oakland’s defense though. I know it’s not good, but good enough to have a big game against this putrid offense? 

Oakland’s defense is pretty awful if you’re playing then you’re banking on beathards backup being reallllly bad 

Mullens confirmed.... can't believe I'm actually considering OAK.  LOL.

Am I crazy for considering dropping the Ravens DST and streaming from here on out? Their schedule, especially in the playoffs, is brutal.

Week 9 - Pit

Week 10 - BYE

Week 11 - Cin

Week 12 Oak

Week 13 @Atl

Week 14 @KC

Week 15 TB

Week 16 @LAC

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:

Uh, it never works out.

-void of defensive talent

-on the road

-team fractured

-SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team competes and won't **** the bed against this garbage Raider team

Do yourself a favor, find someone else to stream out of the # Sunday games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Skins or Chargers for this week? And going forward? Atlanta are far worse away from home so far so I'm thinking about the skins. Maybe them this week and the chargers next? Should I maybe try to stash both of them?

4 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:

Uh, it never works out.

-void of defensive talent

-on the road

-team fractured

-SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team competes and won't **** the bed against this garbage Raider team

Do yourself a favor, find someone else to stream out of the # Sunday games. 

The voice of reason. Not gonna lie I thought twice about picking them up before I read this.  Hopefully others heeded the advice. 

I’ve been stashing my DST a week early to avoid waiver battles. Thoughts on these for week 10?

Jets vs Bills

Falcons @ Browns

Packers vs Dolphins 

Chiefs vs Cardinals 

Patriots @ Titans

i have Chiefs and Patriots already, was going Patriots, but tempted by the Jets vs Bills. 

1 hour ago, STEVEfromLA said:

I’ve been stashing my DST a week early to avoid waiver battles. Thoughts on these for week 10?

Jets vs Bills

Falcons @ Browns

Packers vs Dolphins 

Chiefs vs Cardinals 

Patriots @ Titans

i have Chiefs and Patriots already, was going Patriots, but tempted by the Jets vs Bills. 

Chiefs at home is a great play.

Packers at home has been pretty good as well.

Jets at home against the Bills, esp if Peterman at QB.

In that order.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:34 PM, CletisVanDamme said:

I'm not worried.  Was initially gonna roll with KC... but SF was already good for a turnover or two pre-Bethard injury...can't see them lighting up the scoreboard either, regardless of who is lined up on the other side of the ball.  I'm a huge sucker for TNF too though..always have a hard time watching without some skin in the game.

So your bad decision to start OAK D was based on inability to watch TNF without one of your guys playing? Hm. Do you have a podcast? 

J/k, btw. Couldn’t resist commenting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckBbrady said:

So your bad decision to start OAK D was based on inability to watch TNF without one of your guys playing? Hm. Do you have a podcast? 

J/k, btw. Couldn’t resist commenting. 

Lol ..solid burn.  its all good.  wouldn't be rotoworld without someone swooping in to pile it on.  The real treat will be watching KC put up double digits on CLE now.

14 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Chiefs at home is a great play.

Packers at home has been pretty good as well.

Jets at home against the Bills, esp if Peterman at QB.

In that order.

If its Peterman gotta use the Jets.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, ColoWrex said:

Mullens confirmed.... can't believe I'm actually considering OAK.  LOL.

Thank god I came to my senses.  

What does everyone this of Denver this week?  Ranked surprising high on Fantasypros (#4) by the top 5 most accurate DST folks YTD.

48 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

Everyone in my league has two defenses so I’m left with titans cowboys or lions @ Vikings

Tough choice. I'd go titans and hope their defense keeps it low scoring. Lions/Vikings seems like more of  potential shoot out to me.

What do you folks think of the Rams D ROS?

They are top 2 according to FantasyPros, but their schedule rest of season doesn't appear very good as far as points allowed......

2 hours ago, Juke said:

Chargers @ SEA

or

Miami v NYJ

I was contending the same but went with Skins for this week

2 hours ago, Juke said:

Chargers @ SEA

or

Miami v NYJ

Miami scored very well away to NYJ earlier in the season so I'd start them this week but stash the chargers for their game @OAK next week. I started this week with the Chargers as my DST, changed to Miami halfway through the week and have now dropped Miami for the Skins (v ATL) this week and am stashing LAC for next week

34 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Miami scored very well away to NYJ earlier in the season so I'd start them this week but stash the chargers for their game @OAK next week. I started this week with the Chargers as my DST, changed to Miami halfway through the week and have now dropped Miami for the Skins (v ATL) this week and am stashing LAC for next week

What's your reasoning for the Skins v ATL this week? They are available in my league and I was thinking the same.

I mean, it's slim pickings from the options available this week but the Skins have been a solid DST this year, scoring double digit points every game (apart from @NO). ATL have played away from home twice and the opposing DSTs have scored 16.5 (PHI week 1) and 19.5 (PIT week 5). Washington have strengthened their defense with the addition of Clinton-Dix. Plus their playoff schedule is nice so I'll probably keep them for the rest of the season.

• Thanks 1

I'll just ask in case someone has a handle on their cap/personnel situation. 

Are they situated to possibly pursue Irvin? Probably a lot depends on how much of his contract they'd have to eat. I know if he clears waivers things simplify quite a bit.