phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

8 minutes ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Bears or Texans to set and forget for the year??

I'm holding both right now and really need to make a drop to improve my WR bench depth...

I would probably go with the Bears. Part of that is because the Texans let me down the past 2 years so I won’t ever play them again. 

Thanks man. Also in my other league I have the chargers rostered and had planned a set and forget, now Bosa is down and they got torched last week....

Broncos are on the wire, should jump ship on the chargers this soon and ride the broncos?

38 minutes ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Thanks man. Also in my other league I have the chargers rostered and had planned a set and forget, now Bosa is down and they got torched last week....

Broncos are on the wire, should jump ship on the chargers this soon and ride the broncos?

Doesn't get any better than Chargers vs Bills

• Like 1

I’m thinking about benching the Jags and rolling with Bears defense this week against Seattle.

Baldwin is doubtful, Russel took 6 sacks and threw 2 INTS last week.  I’m hoping this decision won’t bite me in the butt.  

• Like 1

I definitely love the Bears for the next 3 weeks at least.  I also think they have potential to be a defense that you can keep all season, but we'll see.

• Like 1

One defense you can get REALLY cheap right now that I think will be a set and forget defense all year is Cleveland. If you have the room add them now (you might be able to wait a week as well) and stash them for the future. The reason they are cheap is they face NO this week. I'm not sure how their schedule looks but that have a number of defensive standouts in Garrett, Ward, & Collins and they were solid last year. Put up a 20 spot last week.

• Like 1

So am I overthinking things here?

I was going to drop Keelan Cole and pick up the Titans defense. And have 3 Defenses just for this week. (Redskins, Steelers, Titans) play the Redskins this week and then drop them and put a $5 claim in on Cole (assuming no one is a must add after week 2). And role with the Steelers/Titans for the season. Feel like they are at least above average, with the potential to be elite, especially the Titans. 

Cole would likely never start for me, I have Antonio, Julio, Ty, Emmanuel and Woods in front of him.

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

One defense you can get REALLY cheap right now that I think will be a set and forget defense all year is Cleveland. If you have the room add them now (you might be able to wait a week as well) and stash them for the future. The reason they are cheap is they face NO this week. I'm not sure how their schedule looks but that have a number of defensive standouts in Garrett, Ward, & Collins and they were solid last year. Put up a 20 spot last week.

I'm thinking the same.. that defense is solid and is really basically free right now. I scooped up Jets defense and I'm tempted to hold on to Bears defense as well.. I want to find a defense I can rely on throughout the year. I just can't decide... what are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

So am I overthinking things here?

I was going to drop Keelan Cole and pick up the Titans defense. And have 3 Defenses just for this week. (Redskins, Steelers, Titans) play the Redskins this week and then drop them and put a $5 claim in on Cole (assuming no one is a must add after week 2). And role with the Steelers/Titans for the season. Feel like they are at least above average, with the potential to be elite, especially the Titans. 

Cole would likely never start for me, I have Antonio, Julio, Ty, Emmanuel and Woods in front of him.

never hold more than 1 defense. overthinking it for sure.

• Like 3

Hey fellas

In a weird position as my squad got auto-drafted Minn and Balt, and I kept both for Balt's game vs Bills last week. Not sure what to do now as Balt goes tonight, and I'm wondering if GB sits Rogers - as that would be sweet for a Minn D roll.

So I either play Balt tonight or wait to see what happens on Sunday. If Rogers does play, the best options left would be Jets, Cowboys 

3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Hey fellas

In a weird position as my squad got auto-drafted Minn and Balt, and I kept both for Balt's game vs Bills last week. Not sure what to do now as Balt goes tonight, and I'm wondering if GB sits Rogers - as that would be sweet for a Minn D roll.

So I either play Balt tonight or wait to see what happens on Sunday. If Rogers does play, the best options left would be Jets, Cowboys 

I think you have to play the Vikings defense. Even if Rodgers plays he will be hobbled quite a bit. Roll with them.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, weakkneeswilly said:

I'm certainly thinking about it. How about you? 

I’m sticking with Jacksonville. Revenge game at home against the Pats could be a surprise.

16 hours ago, Dead Money said:

My options are Chargers D vs Buffalo or Houston D vs. Titans...

What say you?

Chargers. A matchup vs. Buffalo is a dream.

I’ve never had a DEF that I can rely on all year. While I think the streaming game is usually the way to go, it does get old investing so much time into it each week all year. So I’m thrilled that I was able to grab the Bears this year. Really hoping I can just ride them. Got a good feeling about it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

I’m sticking with Jacksonville. Revenge game at home against the Pats could be a surprise.

You got stones kid. 

I picked up the Falcons vs Panthers for now. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

40 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Jaguars vs Patriots 

or 

Bears vs Seahawks

I think I would roll with the Bears. They are guaranteed sacks in the game with the Seahawks poor offensive line.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Jaguars vs Patriots 

or 

Bears vs Seahawks

Never underestimate Russell Wilson!