phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

For large leagues this week I like the Jets and Redskins as streamers.  Both are at home and face opponents with suspect olines.

Edited by Red Dog

On 9/13/2018 at 10:37 AM, kiplays said:

never hold more than 1 defense. overthinking it for sure.

Theres nothing wrong with holding more than one over some long shot stash on your bench.

People knock it but having a viable upside defensive option every week can be the difference between a win and a loss. Points are points. Value is value. A 5-10 point swing any given week from a D you chose to hold over what’s on the wire for you to stream can be huge 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Theres nothing wrong with holding more than one over some long shot stash on your bench.

People knock it but having a viable upside defensive option every week can be the difference between a win and a loss. Points are points. Value is value. A 5-10 point swing any given week from a D you chose to hold over what’s on the wire for you to stream can be huge 

Totally agree. The league size is another factor. In my 14 team league, there ain't nothing good on waivers, so yeah I've got two good defenses that I'm going to rotate depending on matchup. That to me is more useful bench space than hoping Jacquizz Rodgers turns into Gurley.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I don't know what that buffoon is talking about. 2 defenses are amazing because you control a Tight End like spot with elite defenses. I just had Rams D AND Bears D and flipped Rams D in a deal to land a bigger player but I still got Broncos D back.. This clown says only hold one D, but Ill gladly hold Bears and Broncos D for my benefit and the detriment of the others. (Less D to stream from)

Broncos or Texans? Texans get a backup QB and banged up o-line (practice squad guy promoted to start) but they could just hand the ball off all day and limit turnovers.  Broncos get a struggling pass attack who are likely to pass more, thus present more chances for turnovers.

15 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

I don't know what that buffoon is talking about. 2 defenses are amazing because you control a Tight End like spot with elite defenses. I just had Rams D AND Bears D and flipped Rams D in a deal to land a bigger player but I still got Broncos D back.. This clown says only hold one D, but Ill gladly hold Bears and Broncos D for my benefit and the detriment of the others. (Less D to stream from)

Relax. You got your opinion, I got mine. I just feel like defenses are a streamable position every week based on matchup. So, you would 100% play a great Rams D against someone like the Pats vs. Texans playing a Marriota/O-line less Titans? Yea, exactly. If there are position players to stash, I would gladly drop a defense to do a wait & see approach. 

40 minutes ago, FML said:

Broncos or Texans? Texans get a backup QB and banged up o-line (practice squad guy promoted to start) but they could just hand the ball off all day and limit turnovers.  Broncos get a struggling pass attack who are likely to pass more, thus present more chances for turnovers.

Had the same question.  I went Texans as Titans mess is too good to pass up.  Yes Carr has been bad but he has the ability and weapons to go off. Plus the upcoming schedule for Houston DST  looks real nice Good luck today.

• Thanks 1

Any time I have room to do it I hold 2 defenses, the last time i dropped my 2nd good defense it was picked up and used to beat me the same week.

I know its early but maybe somewhere around midseason you are going to want to pickup the Lions DST 

They play Arizona and the Bills back to back on weeks 14 and 15

1 hour ago, clarkevii said:

I know its early but maybe somewhere around midseason you are going to want to pickup the Lions DST 

They play Arizona and the Bills back to back on weeks 14 and 15

Whenever I stream the Lions they burn me, but hella juicy. Thanks for the heads up

1 minute ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ba072834f67784e59

• Like 5

Already thinking who to pick for week 5 (Bears bye).

49rs at Cardinals

Titans at Bills

Should be available and you cover the bye with a good option.

Rest of the way - set Bears and forget.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Who's the better d option this week. Jets or browns? 

Id give the edge to the Browns here. Jets oline has been bad, and Cleveland has some excellent pass rush options 

2 hours ago, tim14125 said:

Who's the better d option this week. Jets or browns? 

I have the same dilemma. Leaning Browns at home against a mistake prone rookie QB. Also, Tyrod rarely takes sacks/throws INTs.

Wow the Cardinals are favored by 1 vs the Bears next week and a 40 point total. Fairly low total (though not extraordinarily low) and a much higher implied total for the Cardinals than I would have expected.

I figured the Bears would be a top 3 defense for this week, and maybe they still will be, but what does Vegas know?

Edited by ff062018

30 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Wow the Cardinals are favored by 1 vs the Bears next week and a 40 point total. Fairly low total (though not extraordinarily low) and a much higher implied total for the Cardinals than I would have expected.

I figured the Bears would be a top 3 defense for this week, and maybe they still will be, but what does Vegas know?

And on the other side of the coin, the Cardinals could actually be a solid streaming option. The Bears aren’t going to put up a lot of points or yards, and Mitch will throw a couple picks. 

Edited by ff062018

Packers could be a solid add, Washington I don't expect to put up big numbers, this defense is due for a big play/turnovers. Also, knowing they have a home game in a week against the Bills, could solve your problem at defense these next two weeks.

I do like the Browns vs. the Jets, their defense is certainly getting to the QB and getting takeaways. Dallas could be a good play, not sure how they fare vs Seattle in Seattle, but Wilson is gonna get sacked with that line.