phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Dropped Ravens and picked up the Packers.  I'm going to roll with the Pack this week and beyond until their BYE

Week 3 at Wsh

Week 4 vs Buf

Week 5 at Det

Week 6 vs SF

Week 7  BYE

• Like 2

What does everyone think of the Panthers D this week? They seem like they could be a solid play with Mixon projected to be out.

1 hour ago, Mr_Halibut said:

Dropped Ravens and picked up the Packers.  I'm going to roll with the Pack this week and beyond until their BYE

Week 3 at Wsh

Week 4 vs Buf

Week 5 at Det

Week 6 vs SF

Week 7  BYE

Interesting, I'm considering similar move but not sure if I should just roll with the Chargers or, alternately, pickup one of the following for this week:

Cin @Carolina
Mia vs Oakland-- Tempting
Dal @Seattle-- Tempting
GB @Was (GB has great future matchups, starting next week)
Was vs GB (a good matchup this week? GB has given up the 12th most fantasy points to DST)

edit: not sure I should drop the Chargers (last year's #5 D, and 2017's #10) but I may be able to pick them backup.

Edited by luckBbrady

Browns or Cowboys?

Rankings plus weather say use browns, but I'm kinda thinking Cowboys even on the road. What's your opinion?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Halibut said:

Week 3 at Wsh

Week 4 vs Buf

Week 5 at Det

Week 6 vs SF

Week 7  BYE

I like 3/4 but not det or sf.

debating between Green Bay and Carolina this week.  I like Green Bay moving forward but like Carolinas matchup this week more....

Pro betters are siding with Jets. Wouldn't be surprised if Jets dst is the play instead of the browns

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1

Browns at home! Dropped chargers defense I’m  not looking back

streaming the rest of the season. Next I’m getting Dallas or gb 

nobody really needs to mention the bears since in any serious league they would already be taken 

I like Gang Green more than the Browns tonight

Let's all remember one thing: they're the Browns. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

Pro betters are siding with Jets. Wouldn't be surprised if Jets dst is the play instead of the browns

What do you mean? What’s the reasoning? 

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What do you mean? What’s the reasoning? 

Pro betters were heavy on Bengals last week...Ravens ended up losing and their dst got -1 in my league. So if they're going with the Jets this game I'll side with the guys betting their house. Just a hunch

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Dolphins

Also don't sleep on the Cardinals. Yes, the offense is trash, but that defense is no joke. 

I like the Dolphins too. Capable squad. 1pm home game against a west coast team. 

Im torn between Jets, Dolphins, or possibly the Panthers

6 hours ago, matanp said:

browns DST ROS?

Browns D/ST proved to be a solid waiver add this week - anyone think they're a solid hold going forward?

Especially if their offense actually moved the ball with Baker.

25 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Browns D/ST proved to be a solid waiver add this week - anyone think they're a solid hold going forward?

I grabbed the browns as well just before kickoff last night.

As that game progressed into the second qtr it looked like the Jets had the better defense and I regretted taking the browns over the Jets defense... At least when I woke up and looked at the pt totals, going with the browns was the better move

21 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Brown's got bailed out by late sacs and ints when jets were desperate to come back. They are a streaming match up play.

Yup, they didn't look great against Sam Darnold and the Jets. Definitely a matchup based play moving forward

Edited by atrium

Chargers D owners, are you dropping them this week or stashing them on your bench? I'm trying to decide whether they're worth holding onto...

2 hours ago, atrium said:

Chargers D owners, are you dropping them this week or stashing them on your bench? I'm trying to decide whether they're worth holding onto...

I’d like to pick up Dallas this week but not willing to drop the Chargers at the moment. 

I have to stream a DST this week because I have zero faith in the Chargers playing @ Rams. My gut was telling me that NE is going to stomp the Lions and Michel will have a break out game, but it's hard to trust their D this year. Viable options include SEA, AZ, CAR, DAL and MIA. Would you stick with NE or pick one of these other options?

6 hours ago, atrium said:

Dropped them. I’m pretty sure I can get them back. 

Going to stream the fins this week against a west coast team playing at 1 pm. 

11 hours ago, bgar15 said:

This is the key. Because their defense did absolutely nothing (fantasy wise) until VERY late in the game. And this was a fantastic matchup. Bad team, rookie QB, at home, short week, and they had like 3 points through 58 minutes.