joebaker23

Just traded Bell and Morris for Fournette. Thoughts?

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I don’t think it’s a bad deal as others think. 

Bell is a risk but fournette is injury prone I guess. Didn’t need to add Morris though. 

 

One thing i like is you got you got away from starting 2 players on the same team. 

 

Ive been lower on bell even before all this

 

 

If Bell is not in Camp you start Connors it's that simple if Bell shows up listen to what they say they're going to do maybe a little ....also you don't have Thursday decisions to make here so I would go with White if Bell shows up he's going to catch the ball a lot especially with their receiving Corps a little bit thin in New England

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah horrible. I can't believe someone would trade a RB who may hold out until week 10 and is causing major friction with his team for an up & coming stud RB. Also I just remembered why I don't ask for advice here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Yeah horrible. I can't believe someone would trade a RB who may hold out until week 10 and is causing major friction with his team for an up & coming stud RB. Also I just remembered why I don't ask for advice here. 

Remember this is an opinion n forum you don't have to agree with what people are saying but every once in awhile someone will give you something to think about that you may not have included when making a deal that you might next time ...nothing personal here it's just people talking about fantasy remember that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flyy1313 said:

Remember this is an opinion n forum you don't have to agree with what people are saying but every once in awhile someone will give you something to think about that you may not have included when making a deal that you might next time ...nothing personal here it's just people talking about fantasy remember that

 

Opinions are fine if they're backed up with logic. I see people calling it a horrible trade/worst trade ever/etc but not explaining why. I guess everyone here is certain that Bell is going to report by week 1 and assume his full workload with no issues? Nothing that has come out today indicates that will happen. I love the trade. Fournette is a stud. I had him ranked #5. And the fact that this is a keeper league? CHA CHING. It is highly possible/probably Bell is out of Pittsburgh after this year, regardless of when he reports.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

 

Opinions are fine if they're backed up with logic. I see people calling it a horrible trade/worst trade ever/etc but not explaining why. I guess everyone here is certain that Bell is going to report by week 1 and assume his full workload with no issues? Nothing that has come out today indicates that will happen. I love the trade. Fournette is a stud. I had him ranked #5. And the fact that this is a keeper league? CHA CHING. It is highly possible/probably Bell is out of Pittsburgh after this year, regardless of when he reports.

Well that's the problem with these forums if you want logic that's like going to a Trump rally or a Bernie Sanders rally( I don't want to start nothing here )..you're not going to get a ton of logic ...going to get people's who think their opinions all that counts annoying as it may be I don't take any of that personally if you noticed I gave a semi thumbs up on the trade but there's absolutely no way I can look at that on paper right now if Bell shows up tomorrow and say it's a good trade but I'm not going to say it's a horrible trade because of the age differences and fournette may have only just skim the surface of his potential he came to camp in great shape this year he's getting more involved in the passing game they don't really have a strong guy behind him ...who knows ??all it takes is one injury in the NFL to make another stud to member DeAngelo Williams a couple years ago... James Conner could be the next one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, flyy1313 said:

but there's absolutely no way I can look at that on paper right now if Bell shows up tomorrow 

 

But why rate the trade on the assumption Bell will show up tomorrow. It goes both ways. If he shows up tomorrow Bell's value skyrockets. And if he doesn't show up for week 1 his value sinks further and you'll get nothing for him. I'm actually surprised the OP was even able to get Fournette at this point. Bell's value looks shot right now with all the news coming out. People who make trades like this win leagues. People are who scared to trade Bell because 'maybe' he'll eventually show up and have another studly season will likely shoot themselves in the foot. Heck even if Bell shows up tomorrow the OP didn't get hosed that badly. HE GOT A STUD BACK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

I’m just in win now mode. I can’t rely on somebody that doesn’t know when he will report to the team.

 

You have AB, Kamara and Mixon in a 12 man league. It's a long season; I don't think Bell missing a game or two (at the most) will really effect you're ability to be in "win now mode." The nice thing is, regardless of how badly you may have gotten taken in this trade, an AB, Kamara, Fournette, Mixon, Sanders core should still roll through your league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People saying the OP got robbed and saying this was the worst deal in history, if you had to draft right at this moment you would not at least consider taking Fournette over Bell?  Fournette who before all the negative news around Bell was going only a handful of picks after Bell.  I don't value Morris much at all in this deal

Edited by Novaray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus, with Fournette, Kamara, and Mixon, when would anyone ever consider starting Morris? He's essentially a throwaway when you have that roster...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow....just depends on how many games your gambling that Bell misses.. by, the looks of the trade, it appears your thinking he will miss several games....which, I can sorta understand...but, yeah, I would have kept bell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kramer said:

wow....just depends on how many games your gambling that Bell misses.. by, the looks of the trade, it appears your thinking he will miss several games....which, I can sorta understand...but, yeah, I would have kept bell...

You must be really confident with the unknown...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ha, I guess...but, more confident in Bell...if it is me...I don't even care if he misses 4 games or so, I would hang on to him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kramer said:

ha, I guess...but, more confident in Bell...if it is me...I don't even care if he misses 4 games or so, I would hang on to him..

Even in a keeper league? When you know the Steelers won’t resign him? He will end up going to a bad franchise to chase money instead of going to a good situation to sustain his crazy good production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

I made this trade basically looking to the future. Steelers won’t resign Bell and he is aging along with him not reporting. Fournette is young and will get plenty of touches this year. I can see why you guys are not agreeing with the deal but I just think keeping Bell is a huge risk not knowing when he’s coming back.


Someone will sign Bell though. So it's not like Bell isn't going to play in the future. And Bell still needs to play for a contract next year. So he'll need to show up at some point... just might not be week 1.

If you were that scared of the Bell holdout and wanted to move him in a deal for Fournette... then fine. I don't think there's any issue with using these two as the foundation of a deal. Fournette's a great player that is 3 years younger than Bell (not a whole lot younger, but still relevant). However based on current player values, to get this deal done the other guy should have needed to add... not the other way around. So I think you missed the mark here. The best comparison I can think of off the top of my head would be if you were scared of Gronk's injury history and decided you wanted to move Gronk + another player for Engram. Again, if you wanted to involve those two players that's fine. Just understand what each players' worth and who should be adding to the deal. I just think this was poor asset management.

Anyway, if not out of the question for Fournette to be the better RB this season. He has the potential and Bell could continue to hold out. But regardless what actually happens I can't say this was a good deal. You should have gotten more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are trusting 

41 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

With Bell’s agent coming out and saying what he said. What do you guys think about deal now?

You trust his agent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Even in a keeper league? When you know the Steelers won’t resign him? He will end up going to a bad franchise to chase money instead of going to a good situation to sustain his crazy good production.

....Keeper league is a good point...but, I would still keep Bell, I feel he would succeed anywhere.....he is still only 26....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bad idea the steelers are gonna do everything in their power to get the most consistent rb in the league the past 4 years (besides the year he got hurt) on the field, cause just like we all know this is the steelers last chance at a super bowl with big ben, and chances of landing a good qb are never in an nfl teams favor  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillyPhilly said:

bad idea the steelers are gonna do everything in their power to get the most consistent rb in the league the past 4 years (besides the year he got hurt) on the field, cause just like we all know this is the steelers last chance at a super bowl with big ben, and chances of landing a good qb are never in an nfl teams favor  

If they were doing “everything in their power” he would’ve signed that big extension with guaranteed money that Leveon was wanting. I’m not banking my season on the unknown, why I took Fournette and not looking back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.