rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Jokic has a reallllly good chance to bounce back tonight against the nets. I can see a 30pt triple double to make up for the string of sigle digit scoring games 

Wow man. Great call. Been watching the game and just decided to check in on roto. 

You sir... You win the nostradamus post of the night for me

• Like 1

This one has to be Josh Lloyd's monster line of the night on locked on tomorrow lol

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Wow man. Great call. Been watching the game and just decided to check in on roto. 

You sir... You win the nostradamus post of the night for me

You are too kind. my prediction was only 2/3 correct. In one league I've had Jokic every season, and one thing i've learnt is that the Joker does anything he can to help his team win and sometimes that mean he scores less

1 hour ago, PaddyAustralia said:

You heard of Joel Embiid?

JoJo is a monster for sure.. he can dish and gets a lot more blocks. but the FG% isn't as elite as Jokic (but still damn good). Watching the sixers.. they rely a lot more on JoJo than the nuggets rely on Jokic. In the 4Q the ball is almost always in Joel's hands whereas the nuggets have options. my point is that JoJos value is a little inflated because the sixers are trash; theyre pretty much the same team as least season and they think it's going to get them far while most other teams in the east improved.

2 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

JoJo is a monster for sure.. he can dish and gets a lot more blocks. but the FG% isn't as elite as Jokic (but still damn good). Watching the sixers.. they rely a lot more on JoJo than the nuggets rely on Jokic. In the 4Q the ball is almost always in Joel's hands whereas the nuggets have options. my point is that JoJos value is a little inflated because the sixers are trash; theyre pretty much the same team as least season and they think it's going to get them far while most other teams in the east improved.

Never said JoJo is better, just saying that i think his line will be the monstrous line of the night over Jokic's line today. im taking 42 points 18 rebounds and 4 blocks over 37 points 21 rebounds 2 blocks.

4 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Jokic touches the ball on literally every possession.... Sixers have Simmons you can't be more wrong 

Just now, PaddyAustralia said:

Never said JoJo is better, just saying that i think his line will be the monstrous line of the night over Jokic's line today. im taking 42 points 18 rebounds and 4 blocks over 37 points 21 rebounds 2 blocks.

JoJo made a lot more free throws, less turnovers and the sixers won. so yeah you right, that line is better.

Just now, bsu27 said:

Jokic touches the ball on literally every possession.... Sixers have Simmons you can't be more wrong 

Scoring wise in the 4Q not facilitating. You never see Ben show up in the 4Q with a mamba scoring mentality. It's always dump it off to Joel 

So far who would you guys say is the best 2nd round pick to combo with Jokic? Jokic & Embiid, Jokic/Kawhi combo, etc?

36 minutes ago, brosephd said:

So far who would you guys say is the best 2nd round pick to combo with Jokic? Jokic & Embiid, Jokic/Kawhi combo, etc?

I mean im assuming you mean if drafting now, which i doubt either player would be available in the 2nd round

Just now, PaddyAustralia said:

I mean im assuming you mean if drafting now, which i doubt either player would be available in the 2nd round

I think Kahwi could slip to the 2nd with the resting etc. Or Jokic :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

I think Kahwi could slip to the 2nd with the resting etc. Or Jokic :rolleyes:

Not a chance. Kawhi was only rarely falling to the second even before the season. 

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

Embiid would be the number 1 pick if we drafted today!

On 9/11/2018 at 3:38 AM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

And the Nuggets FO. They are paying him max money to be their #1 guy.

There are so many max contracts out there. Wizards pay max money to Porter, Blazers to CJ. I don't think the Nuggets would pass on the chance to sign Kawhi just because they have Jokic as their #1 guy, they just cannot get anyone better so they have to do all they can to make him produce the best he can.

7 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

not drafting now but hindsight... i had the chance to combo jokic with simmons, embiid, kawhi etc and i went with kawhi. looking back with all the resting and what not, seems like simmons or embiid would’ve made the better tandem. 

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

not drafting now but hindsight... i had the chance to combo jokic with simmons, embiid, kawhi etc and i went with kawhi. looking back with all the resting and what not, seems like simmons or embiid would’ve made the better tandem. 

I picked Jokic and was hoping for Embiid but was picked right before me so I settled for Simmons. Went Booker + Gobert after.