rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

If you are complaining about Jokic, you are a clown.

He is making his whole team better.

Making your whole team better isn't passive. He is making the decision to involve everyone on the court.

God, it's like you all got Melo posters on your bedroom ceiling. 

• Like 1

He was off tonight but even though he was off he contributed in multiple categories at an elite level. The only way you see this is a bad night is if you overly value points. If that is the case then why didn’t you draft an high scorer in his place. Last time I checked no one ever expected him to be a top 10 scorer. 

Edited by adifferentlogik
  • Like 1

Jokic stat 3 games this week so far......umm,I don't know jokic owners satisfied with it or not

uUriOj.jpg

.People don't get it, I love Jokic, but there is good reason why people are getting frustrated, esp if you are playing Head to Head. If you look at Jokic's numbers at year end the averages will be impressive, but what is frustrating is you don't know where he will help you in a given week, especially if you are playing a a weekly line-ups lock.

There will be weeks where he is good for 20ppg / 5apg, then there are some he is just 10ppg and 9apg. The year end averages will be fine, but when you plug in someone in H2H weekly line-ups, you want to get consistent production period.

I have been playing this game for a long time, and there's a reason why guys from the past like Ben Wallace, Marcus Camby (if healthy) were so valuable, because you know when you draft them they will dominate rebounds blocks for you. That's what you want in Head to Head, not someone like an Andrei Kirilenko, who is also always ranked high at the end of the year because he fills up the boxscore, but it is hard to build a team around him because you don't know which categories he will contribute in a week.

Edited by a-rob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing that is inconsistent about Jokic is his scoring. He seems pretty consistent in rebs, ast, and percentages with low to’s which are his strongest cats. Seems the way to build a team around him is to just get scorers and shot blockers. 

Personally, he seems to be one of the easiest players in fantasy to build a team around because he has a positive z-score in all 9 cats which I think he is only the only player in the league to have that. This makes him a great foundational building block for your fantasy team. 

I like having him. He was easy to build around in my opinion. I drafted players like Kwahi, Booker, J-Rich, Gallinari, etc to sure up scoring since I knew he was weak in scoring compared to other first round players. If you build a team that can score and block around him you should win your league whether it is rotisserie or head-to-head. 

I think it’s kind of on you if you didn’t build a team that can score and block around him. Jokic is doing what Jokic do. 

Edited by adifferentlogik
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

The only thing that is inconsistent about Jokic is his scoring. He seems pretty consistent in rebs, ast, and percentages with low to’s which are his strongest cats. Seems the way to build a team around him is to just get scorers and shot blockers. 

I think it’s kind of on you if you didn’t build a team that can score and block around him. Jokic is doing what Jokic do. 

Conversely, you embrace Joker’s weaknesses and maximixe the *total value* he will assuredly deliver on weekly by punting points and/or blocks. 

Folks that are upset about his inconsistency on offense are not playing to his strengths.  It’s not a given you should punt points, but if you follow his history it’s understood he’s not dependable for points.  Plan accordingly, as adifferentlogik said.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

.People don't get it, I love Jokic, but there is good reason why people are getting frustrated, esp if you are playing Head to Head. If you look at Jokic's numbers at year end the averages will be impressive, but what is frustrating is you don't know where he will help you in a given week, especially if you are playing a a weekly line-ups lock.

There will be weeks where he is good for 20ppg / 5apg, then there are some he is just 10ppg and 9apg. The year end averages will be fine, but when you plug in someone in H2H weekly line-ups, you want to get consistent production period.

I have been playing this game for a long time, and there's a reason why guys from the past like Ben Wallace, Marcus Camby (if healthy) were so valuable, because you know when you draft them they will dominate rebounds blocks for you. That's what you want in Head to Head, not someone like an Andrei Kirilenko, who is also always ranked high at the end of the year because he fills up the boxscore, but it is hard to build a team around him because you don't know which categories he will contribute in a week.

I do get it, but I'm not sure you get it.  You are aiming your frustration at Jokic when in actuality you should be ranting against H2H and and especially H2H weekly lineup locks.  NOTHING is more frustrating than H2H weekly lineup formats in the modern era of rest and maintenance days.  A player gets a random rest day and you automatically lose the H2H matchup.  For your own sanity, maybe try roto and you will appreciate the greatness of players like Jokic and Kirilenko, and lower your frustration level at the same time.

2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I do get it, but I'm not sure you get it.  You are aiming your frustration at Jokic when in actuality you should be ranting against H2H and and especially H2H weekly lineup locks.  NOTHING is more frustrating than H2H weekly lineup formats in the modern era of rest and maintenance days.  A player gets a random rest day and you automatically lose the H2H matchup.  For your own sanity, maybe try roto and you will appreciate the greatness of players like Jokic and Kirilenko, and lower your frustration level at the same time.

I respect your opinion but the emotional highs and lows are exactly why many of us enjoy weekly H2H.  Watching a guy like Joker save you in rebounds, assists, points or FG% (or even a combination of stats) on any given week is simply gratifying.  Also, as you can see, extremely frustrating when you are unable to manage your expectations. 😂 

14 hours ago, kane said:

Jokic stat 3 games this week so far......umm,I don't know jokic owners satisfied with it or not

uUriOj.jpg

Nope.

And yep. 

Not satisfied with .342 & ~10pts/game.

Somewhat relieved that he seems to take fewer shots when it's not falling, dbl teams etc -- this is a feature, not a bug with this guy, and a nice one the haters overlook . . .

100% satisfied that a near tpl dbl is his floor. 

Selfie to prove it -- Me, 100% satisfied:😊

Tfw your first round pick is one of your most disappointing players :D:D

:(

Pathetic night so far. Wondering if something bothering him with his body. Hasn't reallly had one great night even since his perfect game. 

He leads his team in +/-,  that's the stats he cares about most. Unfortunately, it doesn't count in the fantasy league. This thread gets overreacted way too much

Just now, ctrlsoul said:

He leads his team in +/-,  that's the stats he cares about most. Unfortunately, it doesn't count in the fantasy league. This thread gets overreacted way too much

How is it an overreaction if he continues having these games? We spent a first round pick on him and he isn't really playing like it. 

• Like 1

foul trouble... got 3 first half fouls... got his 4th within 2 mins in the 3rd..

i am really dumbfounded with people.. you draft him knowing very well that points and blocks could be his biggest weaknesses as a first rounder so you build around it or even punt it in h2h.. im confused..

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

How is it an overreaction if he continues having these games? We spent a first round pick on him and he isn't really playing like it. 

Double-double in the previous two games, and 20+5+5 the game before that, I don't understand what do you mean that he "continues" having these games. 

Just now, ctrlsoul said:

Double-double in the previous two games, and 20+5+5 the game before that, I don't understand what do you mean that he "continues" having these games. 

The scoring inconsistency is a real issue. I didn't draft him expecting 25 ppg or anything but the absolute passiveness on offense is really frustrating. I was hoping for steady 18-20 pts at least, which is what he was posting last year. 

Yo this guy sucks... I regret drafting him in my league... sure he gets a little bit of everything, but he's also letting Plumlee become relevant again which is ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, ctrlsoul said:

I dont think we should be drafting players in the first round that cant put up at least ten points in consecutive games...

3 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

I dont think we should be drafting players in the first round that cant put up at least ten points in consecutive games...

...why? We draft players that can't put up assists or threes or blocks in the first round, don't we? Points are just another category, dude. 

• Like 1