rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, hoopking said:

is everyone expecting 20+ppg?  be grateful if he averages at least 13 

13 ppg is not 1st round worthy, I'm sorry. Unless he's avging like 2 stls and 2 blocks that's just not cutting it. 18-20 ppg is the minimum for first round value if you don't have crazy defensive stats which he doesn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

Incostency is the norm, but it is by his choice. You want him down low working like The Process. He could easily dominate and assert  himself every game in the post. He'd rather not do it to keep himself fresh. It's like the frustrating big guy on your rec games where he wants to make plays top of the key even when he should banging bodies around the basket. When Jokic starts to back up his defender and working on his moves there is nothing you can do. 

For sure he will have a run of dominance later on the season if Denver needs the wins and him to step it up.

Yessir. I saw his game logs this season and I feel for those who drafted him.

Shooting 39% the last 2 weeks and still getting 14 PPG. When that corrects back up by 10% he'll be at 17-19 PPG as usual. Just another boring nightly trip-dub and 1-1-1 threat. 

Owned Jokic in dynasty the past 3 years and I’ve got to say I’m not even dissapointed. If owners expected a leap in ppg than you just haven’t watched Jokic play or payed much attention.  He will never be a 20 ppg guy because he doesn’t have that maintality for an entire season. Yea your going yo get the second half binge where he will average 20 per for a month but you shouid know what your drafting when making the first round investment. And in year long leagues I just wouldn’t takd him at the end of first rounds ever. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

If anyone drafted Jokic hoping he would lead your team in scoring they didn't do their homework. If you expect him to score a bit more than this you're right as his scoring is down a bit, but one can realistically expect his FG% to come up a bit again and his PPG should increase with it (back to 18-19 ppg from his current 16.6 ppg). He is so incredibly allround that I wouldn't trade for anyone in my 9 cat roto league. 

Just make sure you surround him with a couple of guys who will compensate for his scoring and you should be set.

Chill boys. Joker is saving the 25-10-8 with 2-1-1 weeks for fantasy playoff time. He can't blow his load this early it will be a waste for H2H owners. 

3 hours ago, WFK said:

He is so incredibly allround that I wouldn't trade for anyone in my 9 cat roto league. 

So I offer you Anthony Davis straight up and you knock it back. I mean there is over valuing one's own players...then there is this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yuck. First time ever that I've actually regretted who I picked in the first round. And I've been playing fantasy for a while. 

Really not very worried. Yes, it's frustrating right now that he's the third-best Nikola. And yes, I hoped he'd start the year strong and demonstrate growth (even getting to 20 ppg, but nothing more in that category). But he started slow last year and really took off after the All-Star break. His numbers so far are pretty similar to pre-ASB last year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5352/splits?selectedTable=0&season=Map { "season": 2017, "seasonPhase": "REGULAR_SEASON", "groupedBySeason": true }

Also of note: He sat out the 4th tonight, as did most starters.

Edited by terribleswedes
added final line

Denver is better this year than last. More blowouts and maybe they don't need to go all out after AS break like last year? Only if they are fighting for the last spots in playoffs will Jokic take off like he did last time around. If they are comfortably in... This is what you get.

seems like every year jokic goes through a frustrating phase then goes ballistic. hope it's like clockwork the year i own him

On 11/26/2018 at 10:48 PM, Jake the snake said:

So I offer you Anthony Davis straight up and you knock it back. I mean there is over valuing one's own players...then there is this.

I should have phrased that differently. Yes I would take AD for Jokic (obviously), but that would require me to make additional trades as I would probably lose more in the standings from that trade than I would gain in other cats. In my build Jokic's out of position assists are crucial, so while I obviously value AD (and probably around 7/8 others) higher than Jokic I wouldn't easily trade him away without knowing I could compensate for the assists through other trades. He isn't a better player than some of the first rounders, but he's a better fit for this team of mine than most.

I own him in my other league too and he's way less valuable to that team.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, flat_eric said:

And some dude in my league passed on KD to draft Jokic. Now I got KD and he got a headache.

You are more likely to have the "headache" during h2h playoff time when KD rests or is "injured." KD also been eating like this with Curry out, he always does that when Curry is out. When Curry is back his lines can be pretty tame and boring a lot of the time. 

Also, Jokic has not been bad, just points have been weak and fg% below normal. He's still ranked top 15 overall and been slumping all of november really, this is his floor essentially. I don't think Denver will have such an easy ride the whole way as they are right now, and Jokic will be forced to assert himself more and the monster lines will pour in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFK said:

I should have phrased that differently. Yes I would take AD for Jokic (obviously), but that would require me to make additional trades as I would probably lose more in the standings from that trade than I would gain in other cats. In my build Jokic's out of position assists are crucial, so while I obviously value AD (and probably around 7/8 others) higher than Jokic I wouldn't easily trade him away without knowing I could compensate for the assists through other trades. He isn't a better player than some of the first rounders, but he's a better fit for this team of mine than most.

Bro AD is averaging 5 dimes per this year. Everything you say in this post is beyond asinine really. Lol you would lose more In the standings taking AD, wtf is going on here?  AD is better than Jokic in just about every cat this year and in sum cats, it’s not even close.  And really it's like this pretty much yearly besides dimes which AD has closed the gap dramatically. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WFK said:

I'm in a $200 Buy-in 9 cat roto league where my top 6 is Lowry, Butler, RoCo, Vuc, AD, Millsap built through good drafting and savvy trading.  I'm basically streaming the bottom four slots.  The only way I trade AD for Jokic is if I you give me Jokic plus your four best other players.  You get AD plus your choice of the best of my four streamers.

I have both AD and Jokic.

Right now, I value AD about x3 more than Jokic.

The amount of blocks, steals, points and (usually) high level efficiency that dude brings on a nightly basis.. woowee.. it’s such an unfair advantage against opponents. Assists are going up too now, so he’s really closed any gap with Jokic really. Not even up for debate, save for perceived injury risk.

yeah Jokic is a complete bust for anyone that drafted him in the first round or spent the money in an auction league.  I spent $59 to get him and regret every dollar.  Marc Gasol went for $20 and he's putting up better stats.  Embiid went for $46.  Anthony Davis went for $73 and would have been worth the extra cost.  Kevin Durant $62.  Hell I got Vucevic in a 3 player deal for my Westbrook and he's better than jokic right now

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Like 1