rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

yeah Jokic is a complete bust for anyone that drafted him in the first round or spent the money in an auction league.  I spent $59 to get him and regret every dollar.  Marc Gasol went for $20 and he's putting up better stats.  Embiid went for $46.  Anthony Davis went for $73 and would have been worth the extra cost.  Kevin Durant $62.  Hell I got Vucevic in a 3 player deal for my Westbrook and he's better than jokic right now

I drafted him 6th, over KD and Curry. If we drafted again today I can tell you, no joke 100% serious, I would still take him over those two without hesitation. I want my players to have at least a chance to play all their games in h2h playoffs. I know with KD and Curry that chance is extremely low, and to top it off if you don't get 1st or 2nd seed and have a bye in week 1 of playoffs, the warriors play 2 games only. that's brutal.

I'm 1st in my league drafting Jokic 6th, and remain undefeated in a 12 team money league. maybe you guys should just draft better and cry less about jokic who is putting up numbers similar to his last season average, just slightly less points and lower fg%. He will get hot for extended stretches and your tunes will all change quickly. He's ranked 15th and been in a month long slump, it's a safe floor. Everyone knows he has the top 5 upside when he is rolling..just be patient, it's going to come. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WFK said:

I should have phrased that differently. Yes I would take AD for Jokic (obviously), but that would require me to make additional trades as I would probably lose more in the standings from that trade than I would gain in other cats. In my build Jokic's out of position assists are crucial, so while I obviously value AD (and probably around 7/8 others) higher than Jokic I wouldn't easily trade him away without knowing I could compensate for the assists through other trades. He isn't a better player than some of the first rounders, but he's a better fit for this team of mine than most.

I own him in my other league too and he's way less valuable to that team.

The only build in which Jokic is better than AD is if you play in some dynasty league where finishing lower in the standings gives you a better pick of the rookies and you really really value Zion or Barret. 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I drafted him 6th, over KD and Curry. If we drafted again today I can tell you, no joke 100% serious, I would still take him over those two without hesitation. I want my players to have at least a chance to play all their games in h2h playoffs. I know with KD and Curry that chance is extremely low, and to top it off if you don't get 1st or 2nd seed and have a bye in week 1 of playoffs, the warriors play 2 games only. that's brutal.

I'm 1st in my league drafting Jokic 6th, and remain undefeated in a 12 team money league. maybe you guys should just draft better and cry less about jokic who is putting up numbers similar to his last season average, just slightly less points and lower fg%. He will get hot for extended stretches and your tunes will all change quickly. He's ranked 15th and been in a month long slump, it's a safe floor. Everyone knows he has the top 5 upside when he is rolling..just be patient, it's going to come. 

THANK YOU. Owned Jokic last year and loved him, people here have short attention spans and even shorter patience. Jokic is a Top 5 C and a lock for a nightly triple-double threat. People tend to forget basketball is a marathon and a few weeks or even a month long slump, especially this early in the season is not something that will end people's seasons. For reference per BBall Monster, Jokic finished 12th overall last season after playing 75 games while Vuc finished 27th with 57 games and Marc finished 42nd playing 73 games. 

There really isn't any point in discussing these things when one party doesn't have the same information as the other is there?

When you're first in points, second/third in most other cats, and the one "weakness" of your team is that you're midtable in assists, Jokic becomes a very valuable part of that team. 

So yes, AD is way better, a way more valuable fantasy player, if had had the option of drafting 1st rather than 8th I would have drafted AD, and I would obviously accept a trade between AD-Jokic. But it would require me to find an additional trade for someone to cover for the loss in assists (although AD is doing great in that department too this year), as I would lose points in that cat whereas I have little to gain in most others atm (AD would of course solidify those cats more). Not actively looking to shake up a team that is performing so well. 

Ran the trade in BBM (far from the absolute truth, but a pretty useful tool nonetheless) just to see what would it would do for my team, and while the value of receiving AD far exceeds that of Jokic they too predict this team would do worse as far as roto points go without an additional trade

Again, I'm not arguing he's a better player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm #1 in my league as well and his ceiling is incredibly high.  But at the same time, he's not playing up to his ADP and there is no guarantee he will improve as the season goes.  If I had a redraft, I would take Marc Gasol and use the extra $30 to get Middleton or something.  That's worth more to me than Jokic

• Like 1

Thank god i also drafted Vucci mane, who is putting up lines I expected from Big Honey.

In any case, Jokic will come good, he had spells like this the last two season.

15 hours ago, richg24 said:

You are more likely to have the "headache" during h2h playoff time when KD rests or is "injured." KD also been eating like this with Curry out, he always does that when Curry is out. When Curry is back his lines can be pretty tame and boring a lot of the time. 

Also, Jokic has not been bad, just points have been weak and fg% below normal. He's still ranked top 15 overall and been slumping all of november really, this is his floor essentially. I don't think Denver will have such an easy ride the whole way as they are right now, and Jokic will be forced to assert himself more and the monster lines will pour in. 

On ya mate

• Like 1

Jokic is not a first rounder right now, he's like a cherry topper 3rd round guy, but be patient. He'll make everyone proud again.

Edited by ssolitare

He finally decides to wake up...against my team LOL. I'm so conflicted 

He got off to a torrid start early on.  I thought he was in for a huge night.  I believe he had 4 points, 3 boards, 7 dimes, and a steal when he sat down on the bench in the first.  He seems to go through these stretches--often in the middle of the games--where he just disappears. 

I have Jokic and I was wondering if any of you are looking to trade him. I'm trying to wait for him to start going off before I trade him. I was hoping to move him for an Embiid + 1, but with how well Embiid has been and Jokic not playing to his limit, I feel as if that might not fly