rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Suph said:

So what happens when Garris, Barton and Millsap get back?  Should I be selling high on him right now?

This is one of the main reasons I sold. I still think he can return first round value but the scoring will dip quite a bit. You don't draft Joker for scoring anyway - that's a nice bonus, but I'm weak in that area so I had to make moves. His boards, dimes and peripheral stats should still be fine though, I just think he will likely avg a bit under 20ppg once the team is fully healthy because he likes to get his teammates involved.

Very much like him to be thrown out of the game for a temper tantrum. Frustrating player to own. No wonder I gave him a nickname last year - "Fat f---".

• Confused 6

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

Very much like him to be thrown out of the game for a temper tantrum. Frustrating player to own. No wonder I gave him a nickname last year - "Fat f---".

Clown 

• Like 1

Please; stop calling this guy a first round talent... a first round talent puts up at least ten shots every game! Some people who give fantasy advice are like snake oil salesman! Stop misleading people!

• Confused 3

I watched the whole game. In his defense the Spurs double teamed him on just about every play he was in the post. The game plan was to take a Jokic out the game offensively and they did that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sham242 said:

I watched the whole game. In his defense the Spurs double teamed him on just about every play he was in the post. The game plan was to take a Jokic out the game offensively and they did that. 

4 shots isnt enough even in that scenario... had more turnovers than shot attempts... fantasy basketball-ers will criticize a player like Trae Young for "inefficiency," when they are mid round picks; but wont scrutinize a guy in Nikola Jokic who's a first round pick and having games where he has more fouls and/or turnovers than shot attempts... smfh. 

2 hours ago, LW_00 said:

Please; stop calling this guy a first round talent... a first round talent puts up at least ten shots every game! Some people who give fantasy advice are like snake oil salesman! Stop misleading people!

kind sir, can you please give us advice that are snake-oil-salesman free?

8 hours ago, hoopking said:

kind sir, can you please give us advice that are snake-oil-salesman free?

Sell high on Egghead Nik when he has a great game. This guy isn't a first round talent. 3rd Round at Best! I really don't care what ranking he has. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

Sell high on Egghead Nik when he has a great game. This guy isn't a first round talent. 3rd Round at Best! I really don't care what ranking he has. 

Dude what? 3rd round at BEST? Maybe in a 4 teamer. He should be picked at end of 1st/beginning of 2nd and latest mid 2nd. If someone snatches him 3rd round, that someone will easily win the championship.

11 hours ago, LW_00 said:

FWIW he was 9th in standard per BBM before last night. After, 14th. Just behind 18 fga/game Embiid, just in front of 20 fga/game Walker.  

Cherry pick the games you want to troll after all you want. End of season, Jokic is as likely to return 1st round as any of 15 guys. That's good enough for anyone who took him outside the top 5 -- good enough to win a championship in any of the smart builds you might have read about at the beginning of this thread, pre-draft just like the rest of us. Where I own this guy, I'm in 1st. 

Any trolls who picked him for your high usage, popcorn builds: the vent and rant thread is a nice place to complain about how you can't win the points category every week.  

• Like 2

I have won points categories every week! And that's with Nik Jokic having these type of games! But still, you shouldn't be calling a guy a first round talent if he has games were he shoots less than 10 shots (unless it's due to foul trouble or an ejection). So you're assumptions about my team are terrible. I'm second place in my league, and I've only lost one game this season. However, just because I'm winning doesnt mean I'm satisfied with everyone on my team. And I'm not satisfied with Jokic, thinking he would score more this year. No wonder he's never been an All Star...

4 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

I have won points categories every week! And that's with Nik Jokic having these type of games! But still, you shouldn't be calling a guy a first round talent if he has games were he shoots less than 10 shots (unless it's due to foul trouble or an ejection). So you're assumptions about my team are terrible. I'm second place in my league, and I've only lost one game this season. However, just because I'm winning doesnt mean I'm satisfied with everyone on my team. And I'm not satisfied with Jokic, thinking he would score more this year. No wonder he's never been an All Star...

Lol man, what in the world are you talking about? I don't know where you came up with this rule about having less than 10 shots in a random game meaning you shouldn't be considered a 1st round player. He was a 1st round player last year (#12) and is just outside of the 1st round this year. The stats speak for themselves. You just sound silly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Lol man, what in the world are you talking about? I don't know where you came up with this rule about having less than 10 shots in a random game meaning you shouldn't be considered a 1st round player. He was a 1st round player last year (#12) and is just outside of the 1st round this year. The stats speak for themselves. You just sound silly.

Ok. Good luck having Jokic in the playoffs. Sure, he has a good playoff schedule, but if he has these types of games, you could kiss your championship goodbye. It's literally a circlejerk for Jokic. Idk what's worse: the circlejerk or the poor performance. I'm starting to think the former is worse...

I traded him away and as good as he can be, I'm glad to be rid of the headache. Some weeks he plays like a top 5 player, and in others he's barely top 50. I just don't like this kind of inconsistency from my 1st round pick.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:49 PM, LW_00 said:

Giannis, AD and KAT had games last season where they shot the ball less than 10 times in a game

Jokic delivering the goods today. Damn. What a triple double.

Must be his 3rd or 4th game with 15ast this season. As a Centre.

22 hours ago, hoopking said:

Hey i thought this guy wasn't a first rounder

He can't be. He took less than 10 shots in that one game that one time.

• Haha 2

26 FGA in Q4 even with Millsap and Harris back.

Dude is going nutso right now with 34pts 11reb 6ast 3stl 1blk 3threes.